[KERNEL][GPL][11 OCT - Milestone 6][r196-ICS r283-JB] franco.Kernel | 4.0/4.1 |

Search This thread
G

GuestD0701

tks!

Just wanted to says Thanks Franco!! Been reading up on everything and this is def a great kernel! Anxious to see what it does in a few days! Just flashed Milestone 3..
Ps: I like your quote on your other forum where you say, "If you ask if this works on older roms, I will shoot you." lol. That's awesome! Good deal man, Tks!!

.Bedo

Apr 23, 2012
Kansas City
flashed this

I flashed the kernel and so far it feels smoother. I will report after using it tomorrow.

Btw, the app is awesome, excellent work!

hb-kevin

Jun 21, 2009
This kernel is crazy good. I had heard a lot about it while researching the verizon development. As far as undervolting goes, you guys should be able to safely go down by -75mv and notice a small increase in battery, but as the wiki says, it's mainly for lowering temperatures. Some frequencies may go lower to -100mv but test first and DON'T set at boot until you've driven it for a day with no problems.

I'm looking forward to a 1.5 OC soon! Great work Franco!

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
This kernel is crazy good. I had heard a lot about it while researching the verizon development. As far as undervolting goes, you guys should be able to safely go down by -75mv and notice a small increase in battery, but as the wiki says, it's mainly for lowering temperatures. Some frequencies may go lower to -100mv but test first and DON'T set at boot until you've driven it for a day with no problems.

I'm looking forward to a 1.5 OC soon! Great work Franco!

Have you seen where a 1.5 OC kernel is in the works? I wonder if it'll be stable??

hb-kevin

Jun 21, 2009
Have you seen where a 1.5 OC kernel is in the works? I wonder if it'll be stable??

An older version of this kernel allowed OC up to 1.6 I think. But most people found it too unstable for now so Franco removed it in this version. I know the gnex has a 1.5 processor, but Samsung locked it at 1.2 when they shipped them out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Reactions: pastert33

Wordlywisewiz

Nov 25, 2011
Brattleboro
I'm having issues with charging after it gets down below 20% it then requires a reboot to get it charging as it says not charging

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
I'm having issues with charging after it gets down below 20% it then requires a reboot to get it charging as it says not charging

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I've been getting the Not Charging error too but on another kernel. My best guess so far is that it's getting too hot as it seems to happen when I've got AndChat running and a poor data connection.

JoshM813

Dec 17, 2010
I have to say this kernel is great! Battery life is so much better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

.Bedo

Apr 23, 2012
Kansas City
I haven't had any problems with charging using both a/c and USB. I also have the increase charge rate for USB enabled.

So far battery life is much better. I'm using interactive governor and 1.3 overclock.

peabody42

Mar 1, 2011
Set charging limit to 96%, and the phone still charges to 100%.
Tried setting it to 97%, and it still charges to 100%.
Running NSTools, and same thing.

Otherwise, this is an amazing kernel. So much so I plunked down the coin to buy the market app to support! Well done, franco!

Edit: have run this with stock ROM and the latest CM9. Works 100%, using:
sio/interactive/generic hotplug/SQlite/Turn loger off/Enable fast USB charge and 384/1344.

Reactions: franciscofranco

CruzECO13

Jun 2, 2008
Super smooth and fast! Battery life still way better thank stock =]

Day 2 on Milestone3, 30min more screen time than yesterday, lasted 40min less:

Screenshot_2012_04_27_19_35_47.png
Screenshot_2012_04_27_19_35_55.png

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Go nightlies, special sunday coming up to XDA's table!

r151
* Revert a few patches for stability
* Added 192mhz CPU step for testing purposes
* Disabled RCU_BOOST for testing
* Added a few OMAP4 patches
* Merged some interactive patches from android-omap-3.0
* Added OMAP GAMMA interface from omapzoom. To test this interface run this command: echo X > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/manager0/gamma where X goes from 5 to 10. The bigger the number the darker the screen will get. Test and report please.

CruzECO13

Jun 2, 2008
Day 1 on Milestone3: 2h00m00s screentime; 10h56m35s on battery; 1% left
Day 2 on Milestone3: 2h30m00s screentime; 10h21m16s on battery; 1% left
Day 3 on Milestone3: 3h32m47s screentime; 10h26m57s on battery; 16% left

Best battery life yet =]

Screenshot_2012_04_29_01_59_44.png
Screenshot_2012_04_29_02_00_14.png

gr33nd3vil

Dec 6, 2011
Day 1 on Milestone3: 2h00m00s screentime; 10h56m35s on battery; 1% left
Day 2 on Milestone3: 2h30m00s screentime; 10h21m16s on battery; 1% left
Day 3 on Milestone3: 3h32m47s screentime; 10h26m57s on battery; 16% left

Best battery life yet =]

Screenshot_2012_04_29_01_59_44.png
Screenshot_2012_04_29_02_00_14.png

Any recommended tweaks your using?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    franco.Kernel features:

* I have 1 version for ICS(4.0.3/4.0.4) and one version for JB(4.1/4.1.1/4.1.2). If you ask if it works on older roms I will kick your ass
    * Overclockable by tons of frequencies
    * Custom Voltage Control from Ezekeel
    * Sound Control from Ezekeel/Greg White
    * OMAP Gamma interface
    * Trinity's Contrast control
    * Wifi_PM toggle
    * Fsync toggle
    * Thermal Throttle toggle
    * Debug **** removed
    * BFQ v5 IO scheduler by default
    * Ramdisk tweaks
    * Performance/battery carefully picked tweaks
    * Lots more **** - flash and see for yourself

Changelog:
    Milestone 6:
    * Merged all patches related to 4.1.2
    * Fixed the famous data drops by tricking Smartreflex to not overly calibrate certain hardware parts
    * Added custom changes to lowmemorykiller driver to force the device to have a certain amount of free RAM to sustain smoothness over the time
    * Made the launcher unkillable by the lowmemorykiller driver to prevent redraws or widget crapping itselfs
    * Added a new governor called dyninteractive - this is similar to interactive in 99% but instead this new governor dynamically adapts its own tunables and settings depending on the system load.
    * Increased Interactive governor kernel priority thread for the frequency change task - more smoothness
    * Added a new tuneable for Interactive governor called input_boost_freq. Path is here: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/input_boost_freq
    * Added all TCP Congestion algorithms presents in the kernel. To check all algorithms run this command on the Terminal/ADB Shell: sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_available_congestion_control
    To change the algorithm: sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control=NAME_OF_THE_ALGORITHM
    * BFQ IO scheduler updated from v4 to v5
    * Added other smaller but still relevant changes available on my github repository

F.A.Q:
    1. My device rebooted or crashed, how can I help?
    A: Get me /proc/last_kmsg or logcat.
    2. Battery sucks, my device is not entering deep sleep. FIX PLOX!
    A: Fix it yourself, it's an app waking your device up not the kernel's problem
    3. Signal is dropping since I flashed the kernel, amg u sucks!
    A: The kernel has nothing to do with gsm/cmda signal. Make sure you have the latest radios
    4. Do I need to wipe anything when flashing this kernel?
    A: No.
    5. Does this kernel has X or Y mod?
    A: Learn to read, everything you need to know is in the features list, changelog or public repo.
    6. GTA3, FIFA2012 or any game of the type isn't opening?
    A: Flash this on CWM http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27515966&postcount=20011

Downloads:
    Jelly Bean kernel for 4.1/4.1.1 only:
    Nightlies: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy Nexus/JB/Jelly Bean/
    Milestone 6: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/... Bean/milestones/franco.Kernel-Milestone6.zip

Ice Cream Sandwich only:
    Milestone 4: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy Nexus/
    Nightlies 384Mhz GPU: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy Nexus/nightlies/gpu_384mhz/
    Nightlies 512Mhz GPU: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy Nexus/nightlies/

franco.Kernel updater app features:
    * Downloads the kernel directly from the ftp
    * Checks for updates directly from the ftp
    * Checks and downloads Imoseyon's kernel (new feature)
    * Kernel auto-flash
    * Cpu frequencies changer
    * Governor changer
    * Voltage control interface
    * Kernel settings:
    * Hotplug enabler
    * Color Control - You're able to change GAMMA values and Color Multipliers to achieve the best color profile
    * Sound Control - Increase the max volume of your device
    * Download special franco.Kernel boot animation
    * Wi-fi special mode to boost signal during streaming while on screen off
    * Custom download path
    * Live calibrated voltages panel
    * Disable logger
    * SQlite defrag on boot
    * Dedicated milestone and nightly kernels changelogs
    My apps list: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...nVsbCxudWxsLDEwMiwic2ltcGxlLnJlYm9vdC5jb20iXQ

Source: https://bitbucket.org/franciscofranco/android-tuna-omap/
    Jelly Bean kernel source: https://github.com/franciscofranco/Tuna_JB_pre1/tree/4.1

Have fun.
    Milestone 6:
    * Merged all patches related to 4.1.2
    * Fixed the famous data drops by tricking Smartreflex to not overly calibrate certain hardware parts
    * Added custom changes to lowmemorykiller driver to force the device to have a certain amount of free RAM to sustain smoothness over the time
    * Made the launcher unkillable by the lowmemorykiller driver to prevent redraws or widget crapping itselfs
    * Added a new governor called dyninteractive - this is similar to interactive in 99% but instead this new governor dynamically adapts its own tunables and settings depending on the system load.
    * Increased Interactive governor kernel priority thread for the frequency change task - more smoothness
    * Added a new tuneable for Interactive governor called input_boost_freq. Path is here: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/input_boost_freq
    * Added all TCP Congestion algorithms presents in the kernel. To check all algorithms run this command on the Terminal/ADB Shell: sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_available_congestion_control
    To change the algorithm: sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control=NAME_OF_THE_ALGORITHM
    * BFQ IO scheduler updated from v4 to v5
    * Added other smaller but still relevant changes available on my github repository
    r186
    * Fix non-bootable kernel for some ToroPlus and other rare cases
    * Wi-Fi tethering fix attempt
    * Another Wi-Fi patch from android-omap-3.0
    r190
    * Revert to stock Wi-Fi driver to fix high wlan_rx_wake wakelocks on some users and to fix Wi-Fi tethering using wpa and wpa2
    * Merged a patch for Interactive governor from TI that should boost interactivity and battery life using that governor
    r191
    * Revert CPUIDLE patch from Android team
    * Add ethernet interface support by user request
    * Add KALLYSMS_ALL for compatibility with one app
    * Tweaks and optimizations in the ramdisk