[Q] Issues with JB

Search This thread

Equin0x

Jan 15, 2013
Hi, I have a TF700 and it was working perfectly out the box, i recently updated to JB 4.2.1 (Build number : 10.6.1.14.10) and I have been experiencing issues such as major delay, lagging, freezing, even after a cold boot. I have attempted factory reset. I have considered downgrading but I have also been looking at Custom ROMs, I would rather not use these Customs ROMs as I am still under warentee. But I will if need be. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to making JB more responsive? If not, what would be a good Custom ROM?
Thanks in advance

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Are you saying even after a factory reset and without installing any apps, Android is freezing and lagging on you?
On stock you could:
Factory reset and manually re-flash the firmware (but you basically did that already)
Disable any bloatware yo are not using
Try the app Greenify to stop unwanted services and apps from running

For a custom rom my vote goes for CROMi-X 5.2.4. Totally stable and because it is based on Asus' own firmware everything works as intended. Look for the thread in Development

Reactions: Equin0x

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Hi, I have a TF700 and it was working perfectly out the box, i recently updated to JB 4.2.1 (Build number : 10.6.1.14.10) and I have been experiencing issues such as major delay, lagging, freezing, even after a cold boot. I have attempted factory reset. I have considered downgrading but I have also been looking at Custom ROMs, I would rather not use these Customs ROMs as I am still under warentee. But I will if need be. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to making JB more responsive? If not, what would be a good Custom ROM?
Thanks in advance

Did you update it OTA?

Equin0x

Jan 15, 2013
Are you saying even after a factory reset and without installing any apps, Android is freezing and lagging on you?
On stock you could:
Factory reset and manually re-flash the firmware (but you basically did that already)

For a custom rom my vote goes for CROMi-X 5.2.4. Totally stable and because it is based on Asus' own firmware everything works as intended. Look for the thread in Development

Thank you very much! Yes, android was laggy after a fresh install! I will try the Greenify app, if that doesnt work, the custom firmware looks like my only choice. Thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On stock you could: