[Q] No USB recognition wit [ROM][JB 4.2.2][CM10.1] for Lenovo Ideapad K1 3G+Wifi

Search This thread

bwoodfield

Dec 6, 2013
Winnipeg
I updated my K1 with the [ROM][JB 4.2.2][CM10.1] for Lenovo Ideapad K1 3G+Wifi from [ROM][JB 4.1.2 JZO54K] CM10 for Ideapad K1 v6.1 3G+Wifi. Everything went well, I have the listed gapps also flashed in. No software issues at all, I finally have the rotation lock working again after 2 years of not having it. My issue is that after flashing in the new rom (file named: cm-10.1.3-RELEASE-k1-wifi) the USB connection from the tablet to the computer is no longer recognized.

-went into 'USB Computer Connection' under the Storage settings and ensured the "Media Device(MTP)" was checked off
-went into developer settings and ensured that the USB Debug settings was unchecked
-rebooted both tablet and computer
-unplugged and replugged in the USB cable multiple times.

Re-installed the kaschemme cm-10.1.3-RELEASE-k1-wifi, ensureing I did a complete wipe, cleared cache and DALVIK cache then installed ROM and GAPPS. Rebooted and went though set-up again. Plugged in the USB.. nothing. Checked USB Computer connection and it's set to media device.

The USB was working, that's how I got the ROMs onto the tablet in the first place. Does anyone know of a way to get the USB support working again??

Thx

bwoodfield

Dec 6, 2013
Winnipeg
Update:

I flashed in the kaschemme's cm-10.1-20130707-EXPERIMENTAL-k1-wifi_v1 and I now have the USB support working again. I'm going to test the build out and see if there is any issues.

Another Update:

I updated my K1 with kaschemme's cm-10.1.3-RELEASE-k1-wifi version of 4.2.2 to see if the the previous flash corrected the USB, and I've lost USB support again. I don't know if it's my tablet specifically, but it looks like there is something wrong in that particular ROM.

Last edited:

jerryatherton

Sep 22, 2012
Update:

I flashed in the kaschemme's cm-10.1-20130707-EXPERIMENTAL-k1-wifi_v1 and I now have the USB support working again. I'm going to test the build out and see if there is any issues.

Another Update:

I updated my K1 with kaschemme's cm-10.1.3-RELEASE-k1-wifi version of 4.2.2 to see if the the previous flash corrected the USB, and I've lost USB support again. I don't know if it's my tablet specifically, but it looks like there is something wrong in that particular ROM.

I have two K1's, one with a 11/21 build date (tester) and the other with a 9/22 build date, both CM 10.1.3. They both show up on my PC as lenova K1 and I can transfer files back and forth. That was on a Windows 8.1 machine. Sorry I can't offer any help.

Sent from my Ideapad K1 using XDA Premium HD app