MMS weird problem

Search This thread

bosert

Jun 8, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I have a problem as I can't send or receive MMS anymore. Yes, I used to be able to but as I don't use MMS very often I don't know when this problem started precisely.

So this is how it manifests : it's only for MMS because SMS are fine.

The APN configuration is fine, I even checked with my phone operator. They also sent me a brand new Sim card but it didn't change a thing.

I can surf on internet and use all the 3G applications without problem ; I go to the playstore, use the browser, etc...When I do that, the "3G" logo at the top right of my screen is on, which is also normal.

Which is not normal is that when I prepare a MMS, as soon as I want to send it (I press the send button) to a contact, the 3G icon keeps appearing and disappearing, on and off for a minute approximately, as it was trying to connect but couldn't do it. The MMS never leaves the HTC.

To check if it was a rom problem I went from Omega 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 no fix, and I don't think it's a rom problem otherwise people would have reported it.

If you have any idea guys, I would really appreciate. I spent a lot of hours to fix that but didn't find a solution

Last edited:

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
I have a problem as I can't send or receive MMS anymore. Yes, I used to be able to but as I don't use MMS very often I don't know when this problem started precisely.

So this is how it manifests : it's only for MMS because SMS are fine.

The APN configuration is fine, I even checked with my phone operator. They also sent me a brand new Sim card but it didn't change a thing.

I can surf on internet and use all the 3G applications without problem ; I go to the playstore, use the browser, etc...When I do that, the "3G" logo at the top right of my screen is on, which is also normal.

Which is not normal is that when I prepare a MMS, as soon as I want to send it (I press the send button) to a contact, the 3G icon keeps appearing and disappearing, on and off for a minute approximately, as it was trying to connect but couldn't do it. The MMS never leaves the HTC.

To check if it was a rom problem I went from Omega 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 no fix, and I don't think it's a rom problem otherwise people would have reported it.

If you have any idea guys, I would really appreciate. I spent a lot of hours to fix that but didn't find a solution

Hi Bosert,
did it start when you moved from ICS to a new version of android?

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
Hi mcgi5sr2,

that may be the case yes but I am not totally sure though as I can't really say when it started as I don't send mms very often.

Ok in which case I had the same problem when I left ICS I'm on O2 in the UK and I had to change one of my APN settings to * from something else to get it to work