[APP] Kernel Manager [ROOT]

Search This thread

CrotaNexus

May 8, 2013
Rome
I'm glad to present

iy3k2t.png

This is a simple and lightweight application created initially for private use for me and my friends but I decided, later, to share with the community Android. Needless to say, there are many other applications that do the same things and maybe even more as the now famous TricksterMOD but I still tried to carve out my place among the applications of this series, without any presumption.

I'm not responsible for any damage to your device caused using this application. Use at your own risk.

Features

Generals

• Possibility to change TCP congestion alghoritm
  • Possibility to change max CPU frequency
  • Possibility to change min CPU frequency
  • Possibility to change the max CPU frequency when screen is off
  • Possibility to change the min CPU frequency when screen is off
  • Possibility to change governor
  • Possibility to manage governor's parameters*
  • Possibility to change scheduler
  • Possibility to manage schedulers's parameters*
  • Possibility to change RABS values alias Read Ahead Buffer Size
  • Possibility to manage Minfree's values

*Warning: Not all governors and schedulers have the ability to edit their parameters as they do not have.

Specifics

• Adaptive brightness
  • Force fast charge
  • KSM
  • Advanced control for KSM
  • Temperature controller
  • High performance sound
  • Vibration intensity
  • Extend life of the battery
  • Max SOC temperature
  • Energy saving multicore
  • Overclock GPU
  • Gpu up treshold
  • Gpu down treshold
  • Gpu sample time ms
  • Governor gpu
  • Fsync standard + dynamic fsync
  • Backlight dimmer
  • WiFi PM
  • Logcat
  • MPDecision ON/OFF
  • MPDecision config
  • Sweep2Wake
  • DoubleTap2Wake
  • Slide2Wake
  • TouchWake
  • Eco mode
  • High-performance sound headphones
  • Thermal control
  • Dtim skip override
  • MMC CRC
  • Volume boost
  • Mic boost
  • Gain boost
  • Speaker boost
  • Virtual machine control
  • FS control
  • Undervolt
  • 3D scaling
  • Intelliplug
  • Timeout LED
  • LED brightness
  • Wake timeout
  • Kernel control
  • CPU IDLE mode
  • Led on touch
  • Led on touchkey
  • Led fade in
  • Led fade out

Information

• Informations about kernel
  • Information on the uptime of the device
  • Real-time information on active cores and their frequencies
  • CPU frequencies usage statistics

Extras

• Restore values ​​at boot time with or without notice
  • Show CPU frequencies everywhere (PRO feature)
  • Possibility to change application theme

Information and tips

Being a continuous application developmentnthere may be issues such crashs or anything like that. In the event that this happens I would ask you, please, send me the logcat attached with a short description of the circumstances in which the problem occurs and the ROM + Kernel + any MODs you have installed. To run the logcat you can use the applications that are in the Google Play Store. I personally recommend CatLog , free and easy to use. Any other problems should be reported with details just now exposed. For more information see post number three. Thanks for your cooperation.

Each user is free to suggest changes and the addition of any other functions that accept or scarterò. I can not be happy to receive suggestions on how to improve this program and I will try to satisfy you always, to the extent possible and my skills.

I highly recommend to disable the Toast notification applications SuperSU as Superuser or the related settings as each operation in this application requires root, ergo, you always nagging notification of grant administrator privileges. Council also consult with perseverance the first page of this thread which lists all major and constantly updated information to know about the application and its optimal use.

The application can be included in ROMs after asking me for permission and received a reply in the affirmative.

I do not provide assistance on the application versions that are not the latest available and I do not respond to private messages related to the application which can be treated in this discussion . The collaboration is the first step to a successful product! Google+ Community avaiable HERE.

Credits

The biggest thanks to the success of this application goes to my friend @supertommino and to all my fellow mates who tested the application with patience and dedication motivated me more and more where I wanted to drop everything. And that is why I thank:

• Ale123 (Nexus 4 e Nexus 7)
  • B-Rabbit (Galaxy Nexus)
  • @xcesco89 (Nexus 5)
  • CriGio (Nexus 5)
  • @dadenet (Nexus 5)
  • Dario (Galaxy Nexus)
  • @dema121 (Nexus 5 e Nexus 7)
  • @edisile (Grafico)
  • ErCampa (Moto G)
  • Fra98 (Galaxy W e Graphic)
  • Giovanni Lauricella (Graphic)
  • @kezn715 (Graphic)
  • @hotto (Nexus 5)
  • @leonardodettoilleo (Galaxy Nexus)
  • Klaas Madison (Moto G)
  • MatteBu (Galaxy Nexus)
  • -Miciox- (Nexus 4)
  • @miseusegau (Nexus 5)
  • @morfances (Galaxy Nexus)
  • Nautiluz (Galaxy Nexus)
  • Nilo Glock (Moto G)
  • N1M0Y (Galaxy S2)
  • Pakos96 (Galaxy Nexus)
  • Punticci (Nexus 5)
  • @S_Mario (Nexus 5)
  • @skizzomsn (Galaxy Nexus)
  • Stefan95 (Nexus 5)
  • @Supertommino (Nexus 5)
  • @Uzumaki99 (Galaxy Nexus)
  • Zof (Galaxy Nexus)

A special thanks goes especially to users S_Mario, visterne, EneaMeeta which materially contributed to the project with a donation.

> KM Free <
> KM Pro <

Last edited:

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
First of all , thank you

Not bad, not overloaded, that's what i like, good. All base stuff is available, only colour settings for Hammerhead is missing but i am sure it comes.

All in all, great work, i use trickster for long long time but the project looks dead and I missing many things.

I test your app now some time, donation will following.

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms

Last edited:

danmaman

Jan 15, 2012
yeah man that's right
simple , light -----what do you want more:good::good::good::good:

works great with ElementalX kernel

keep the great hard work

cheers

Reactions: CrotaNexus

gotzaDroid

Sep 13, 2012
yeah man that's right
simple , light -----what do you want more:good::good::good::good:

works great with ElementalX kernel

keep the great hard work

cheers

I flop flop between elementalX and chaos on CM, so my question to you is, before I load elementalX, does this app allow for sound tweaking with elementalX?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: danmaman

danmaman

Jan 15, 2012
I flop flop between elementalX and chaos on CM, so my question to you is, before I load elementalX, does this app allow for sound tweaking with elementalX?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hey mate
i dont know and i've not tried it yet
i use viper4android and fauxsound app to do this

but it is worth to install elementalx all the time;);););):good::good::good::good::laugh::laugh:

cheers

CrotaNexus

May 8, 2013
Rome
No, no sound tweak... I like "flop flop".
Kernel Manager for the moment doesn't support the possibility of manage Faux Sound Tweaks. For more details about the motivation read HERE.

I'm very happy to read so many positive feedbacks. Thanks to all for the great support! If someone want to suggest new feature i'm happy to develop it.

Reactions: Tylog

Spectrum75

Dec 30, 2013
Heraklion
@CrotaNexus

Well, some feedback after using this since last night, with Code Blue on Purity :

No problems regarding stability, every setting i tested sticks right after reboot and i like the option to disable backlight dimmer.
Simple, clean and light.
But except colors you have already mentioned, i noticed some other "bugs" :
The first time you open the app it doesnt read correctly the max cpu freq. If you reopen it then its fine.
Secondly, it only reads the values on 2 cores of cpu.
And finally, the read of ram usage must be totally wrong.
Unfortunately, i didnt had time to test your app paired with other kernels ( for the time being at least ) so i dont know if these are "general"
bugs/problems.
I imagine that eng.stk could assist you if any help needed to fix this in Code Blue and maybe add more tunables if you are interested.

But having in mind that this is a beta version, i think the potential is there for great things in the future, keep on and many thanks ! :victory:

CrotaNexus

May 8, 2013
Rome
@CrotaNexusThe first time you open the app it doesnt read correctly the max cpu freq. If you reopen it then its fine.
I'm not sure but maybe the file that contains the max value of the CPU has wrong permissions. Can you see which permissions are setted for the file that is situated in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq? Thanks in advance.
Secondly, it only reads the values on 2 cores of cpu.
Sorry, i don't understand. What do you mean?
And finally, the read of ram usage must be totally wrong.
To read current usage of RAM i utilize Google's API inserted since API level 16. The methods are: avaialMem and totalMem. This is the description that Google provide about these methods.

avaialMem
The available memory on the system. This number should not be considered absolute: due to the nature of the kernel, a significant portion of this memory is actually in use and needed for the overall system to run well.

totalMem
The total memory accessible by the kernel. This is basically the RAM size of the device, not including below-kernel fixed allocations like DMA buffers, RAM for the baseband CPU, etc.

Which numbers do you see about memory usage on my application? Thanks for the compliments and support. I really appreciate!

Last edited:
Reactions: Spectrum75

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm glad to present

iy3k2t.png

This is a simple and lightweight application created initially for private use for me and my friends but I decided, later, to share with the community Android. Needless to say, there are many other applications that do the same things and maybe even more as the now famous TricksterMOD but I still tried to carve out my place among the applications of this series, without any presumption.

I'm not responsible for any damage to your device caused using this application. Use at your own risk.

Features

Generals

• Possibility to change TCP congestion alghoritm
    • Possibility to change max CPU frequency
    • Possibility to change min CPU frequency
    • Possibility to change the max CPU frequency when screen is off
    • Possibility to change the min CPU frequency when screen is off
    • Possibility to change governor
    • Possibility to manage governor's parameters*
    • Possibility to change scheduler
    • Possibility to manage schedulers's parameters*
    • Possibility to change RABS values alias Read Ahead Buffer Size
    • Possibility to manage Minfree's values

*Warning: Not all governors and schedulers have the ability to edit their parameters as they do not have.

Specifics

• Adaptive brightness
    • Force fast charge
    • KSM
    • Advanced control for KSM
    • Temperature controller
    • High performance sound
    • Vibration intensity
    • Extend life of the battery
    • Max SOC temperature
    • Energy saving multicore
    • Overclock GPU
    • Gpu up treshold
    • Gpu down treshold
    • Gpu sample time ms
    • Governor gpu
    • Fsync standard + dynamic fsync
    • Backlight dimmer
    • WiFi PM
    • Logcat
    • MPDecision ON/OFF
    • MPDecision config
    • Sweep2Wake
    • DoubleTap2Wake
    • Slide2Wake
    • TouchWake
    • Eco mode
    • High-performance sound headphones
    • Thermal control
    • Dtim skip override
    • MMC CRC
    • Volume boost
    • Mic boost
    • Gain boost
    • Speaker boost
    • Virtual machine control
    • FS control
    • Undervolt
    • 3D scaling
    • Intelliplug
    • Timeout LED
    • LED brightness
    • Wake timeout
    • Kernel control
    • CPU IDLE mode
    • Led on touch
    • Led on touchkey
    • Led fade in
    • Led fade out

Information

• Informations about kernel
    • Information on the uptime of the device
    • Real-time information on active cores and their frequencies
    • CPU frequencies usage statistics

Extras

• Restore values ​​at boot time with or without notice
    • Show CPU frequencies everywhere (PRO feature)
    • Possibility to change application theme

Information and tips

Being a continuous application developmentnthere may be issues such crashs or anything like that. In the event that this happens I would ask you, please, send me the logcat attached with a short description of the circumstances in which the problem occurs and the ROM + Kernel + any MODs you have installed. To run the logcat you can use the applications that are in the Google Play Store. I personally recommend CatLog , free and easy to use. Any other problems should be reported with details just now exposed. For more information see post number three. Thanks for your cooperation.

Each user is free to suggest changes and the addition of any other functions that accept or scarterò. I can not be happy to receive suggestions on how to improve this program and I will try to satisfy you always, to the extent possible and my skills.

I highly recommend to disable the Toast notification applications SuperSU as Superuser or the related settings as each operation in this application requires root, ergo, you always nagging notification of grant administrator privileges. Council also consult with perseverance the first page of this thread which lists all major and constantly updated information to know about the application and its optimal use.

The application can be included in ROMs after asking me for permission and received a reply in the affirmative.

I do not provide assistance on the application versions that are not the latest available and I do not respond to private messages related to the application which can be treated in this discussion . The collaboration is the first step to a successful product! Google+ Community avaiable HERE.

Credits

The biggest thanks to the success of this application goes to my friend @supertommino and to all my fellow mates who tested the application with patience and dedication motivated me more and more where I wanted to drop everything. And that is why I thank:

• Ale123 (Nexus 4 e Nexus 7)
    • B-Rabbit (Galaxy Nexus)
    • @xcesco89 (Nexus 5)
    • CriGio (Nexus 5)
    • @dadenet (Nexus 5)
    • Dario (Galaxy Nexus)
    • @dema121 (Nexus 5 e Nexus 7)
    • @edisile (Grafico)
    • ErCampa (Moto G)
    • Fra98 (Galaxy W e Graphic)
    • Giovanni Lauricella (Graphic)
    • @kezn715 (Graphic)
    • @hotto (Nexus 5)
    • @leonardodettoilleo (Galaxy Nexus)
    • Klaas Madison (Moto G)
    • MatteBu (Galaxy Nexus)
    • -Miciox- (Nexus 4)
    • @miseusegau (Nexus 5)
    • @morfances (Galaxy Nexus)
    • Nautiluz (Galaxy Nexus)
    • Nilo Glock (Moto G)
    • N1M0Y (Galaxy S2)
    • Pakos96 (Galaxy Nexus)
    • Punticci (Nexus 5)
    • @S_Mario (Nexus 5)
    • @skizzomsn (Galaxy Nexus)
    • Stefan95 (Nexus 5)
    • @Supertommino (Nexus 5)
    • @Uzumaki99 (Galaxy Nexus)
    • Zof (Galaxy Nexus)

A special thanks goes especially to users S_Mario, visterne, EneaMeeta which materially contributed to the project with a donation.

> KM Free <
    > KM Pro <

Reserved for future use.
    Reserved for future.
    Reserved........
    First of all , thank you

Not bad, not overloaded, that's what i like, good. All base stuff is available, only colour settings for Hammerhead is missing but i am sure it comes.

All in all, great work, i use trickster for long long time but the project looks dead and I missing many things.

I test your app now some time, donation will following.

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms