[WM5] MMS Client Inside WORKING! [Updated - Bugs fixed]

Search This thread

ncruz

Jul 5, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
Update: The v2 resolves the "cannot add video track" with the camera app and the crashing with .3gp files.

ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/Blueangel/WM5_ArcsoftMMSv2_From_Universal.CAB

Well it works, you need to have the second patched version from mamaich, and do a softreset after installing the cab..

For people with other devices just follow the instructions bellow..

----- OLDER STUFF BELLOW -----

Ok, here are the files

Unzip windows to \windows
My Documents to \My Documents

Then go to the messaging application if you don't have a mms folder create a new account with dummy users etc at the end on the type choose MMS (this is a hack and you should only have one account of this type)

Configure your mms as normal and your set to go..

There's some extra files that hymalaia users don't have, so when you are copying \windows you don't need to say yes to overwrite (but the files on the zip are newer than the ones on our BAs)

Bugs:
1) When you try to add a .3gp file or view a folder with .3gp files it crashes.. (I have overwriten my \windows files, you can try not to do that and see if it gets better)
2) You can't add a photo directly from the camera

If you get an error about buffer overflow just replace rcdll.dll with rcdll_original.dll also on the rars.

Update: Replace rcdll.dll from \windows with the one in rcdll.rar (After you install all the other rars)

Update: Install the .reg FROM MMS.rar and not from the other rars, using a registry editor (kilmist or tre work fine)

Attachments

• mms.part1.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,040
  • mms.part2.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 958
  • mms.part3.rar
    154.3 KB · Views: 347
  • rcdll_133.rar
    40.3 KB · Views: 287
  • mms_131.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 256

ZeroXtreme

Jul 30, 2003
Manila
Thanks for the files. I have a few of questions though:

1. Have you managed to send and receive MMS using the registry setttings you posted?
2. Does everything message realted still function properly after putting in the registry settings?
3. Does it work like the old ArcSoft MMS client for 2003?
4. What do you mean by "there's something missing"?

Thanks in advance.

ZeroXtreme

Jul 30, 2003
Manila
Sorry, just curious on how you extracted the files and the registry settings. You think its still as before where it comes as a CAB in the extended ROM, and you think you can get the CAB file itself?

ncruz

Jul 5, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
Ok we have MMS working at Himalaya and at Blueangel :)

But there's some problems with the icon resolution, as soon as i patch all the dlls i'm going to post the files :)

khiann

Feb 28, 2005
Re: [WM2005] MMS Client Inside WORKING!

i tried your steps, it did not show the mms configuration options still, and i created another account, as well not shown even complete all the steps.

patbisch

Jun 15, 2005
Bruxelles
Re: [WM2005] MMS Client Inside WORKING!

ncruz said:
khiann said:
i tried your steps, it did not show the mms configuration options still, and i created another account, as well not shown even complete all the steps.

Have you softreseted?
If yes, use this .reg file with kilmist reg editor, i think that's the problem, TRE complaints about a string too long

Same here, don't work even with the new reg file ...

VavrinaL

Sep 7, 2005
Prelouc
The same for me... I have followed the instructions but when I wanted to create an MMS account and went through the wizard nothing "visually" changed. But apparently, the account exists somewhere inside because when I wanted to create another one (with the same name) thy wizard warned me that the account already exists... Any ideas...?

Remark: When I used the kilmist regedit I noticed that the default values (marked with @) weren't imported. I had to enter them manualy as REG_SZ values with 'Default' name... Could be that a problem...?

ncruz

Jul 5, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
VavrinaL said:
The same for me... I have followed the instructions but when I wanted to create an MMS account and went through the wizard nothing "visually" changed. But apparently, the account exists somewhere inside because when I wanted to create another one (with the same name) thy wizard warned me that the account already exists... Any ideas...?

Remark: When I used the kilmist regedit I noticed that the default values (marked with @) weren't imported. I had to enter them manualy as REG_SZ values with 'Default' name... Could be that a problem...?

Do you see the Menu->MMS Configuration?

The only thing that changes when you add an account is that at the end you choose MMS instead of POP3 or IMAP (at step 5) fill something at the other steps, they aren't used

VavrinaL

Sep 7, 2005
Prelouc
Ok. It works... Thanks a lot for help. Because I did not see any MMS accounts previously I created two different MMS accounts... Is there any way to delete one of them...?