[RECOVERY][TOUCH] TWRP 2.3.1.1 with on-screen keyboard! [2012-10-30]

Search This thread

island3r

Mar 30, 2011
NOTICE: I am not the developer of TWRP. I just compiled it for the HTC Desire with permission from TeamWin. Huge thanks to them and to Dees_Troy for his help. Source code is available at their website.

Team Win Recovery Project 2.2, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash.
The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:
RAsb.jpg
AO13.jpg

CHANGELOG:
Complete changelogs can be found here.

DOWNLOADS:
- TWRP 2.3.1.1 recovery.img md5:7126C885B1673D9C4066644D4A315967
- TWRP 2.2.0 recovery.img md5:36DC01E924BD5853859C912ECAD46123

BUGS:
Since this is not an official release, bugs are to be expected. That said, after some extensive testing I did not discover any bugs, but you are free to report anything you find.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Currently due to some restrictions in the source code, this build of the recovery can mount the sd-ext partition ONLY if it is formatted as ext4. Other filesystems (such as ext3) are currently unsupported.
This will be fixed in future versions.
--- FIXED

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode.

Last edited:

island3r

Mar 30, 2011
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

• Download the recovery from the link in the first post
  • Unzip on your computer
  • Flash the recovery using your favorite tool (Android Flasher, Fastboot Commander, etc)

Alternatively you can flash with fastboot:

1) Boot Your phone in fastboot mode
2) Connect usb cable. It should now say Fastboot USB.
3) In cmd type:
Code:
fastboot devices
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery c:\path.to.recovery\recovery.img
4) Unplug and reboot.

If you encounter any errors with the recovery during or after the installation refer to Bortak's guide on Desire Q/A.

May 10, 2011
Tupelo, MS
Hmm, no but I can make a different version for it if you want.

Yes that would be amazing! i use twrp on my Transformer Prime and love it. it would be amazing to have for my phone too. its very hard to find developers who are willing to develop for cdma counterparts for this i thank you even just to offer to do so. also if you need a tester. i'll be glad. just pm me

island3r

Mar 30, 2011
Yes that would be amazing! i use twrp on my Transformer Prime and love it. it would be amazing to have for my phone too. its very hard to find developers who are willing to develop for cdma counterparts for this i thank you even just to offer to do so. also if you need a tester. i'll be glad. just pm me

Ok then, I'll definately need a beta tester because I don't have a bravoc. Hopefully I'll pm you tonight ;)

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
Does this recovery use any of the networking features of the CyanogenMod kernel? I've reduced the size of recovery.img from 3.5 to 2.9 MB by disabling many of the networking features in the kernel and using LZMA for the ramdisk compression. For the kernel features, I have used 90 % of the 4ext Touchcovery kernel configuration. Does this recovery know to align the partitions when creating them?

Last edited:

island3r

Mar 30, 2011
I've reduced the size of recovery.img from 3.5 to 2.9 MB by disabling many of the networking features in the kernel and using LZMA for the ramdisk compression.

You reduced the size of TWRP or the stock CWM recovery? I don't see why the recovery needs to be any smaller, since that doesn't make any difference to the end user.

Does this recovery know to align the partitions when creating them?

Yes the created partitions are aligned automatically.

island3r

Mar 30, 2011

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
You reduced the size of TWRP or the stock CWM recovery?
Since the topic was dedicated to TWRP, I have meant the size of TWRP.

I don't see why the recovery needs to be any smaller, since that doesn't make any difference to the end user.
That's true, but it does matter to the developers since it might allow adding more features. The recovery partition is limited in size after all!

Last edited:
Reactions: gregbrooker

island3r

Mar 30, 2011
Since the topic was dedicated to TWRP, I have meant the size of TWRP.

That's true, but it does matter to the developers since it might allow adding more features. The recovery partition is limited in size after all!

From that perspective yes you are right. From what I understand a this moment future versions are most likely going to be bugfixes. So space isn't going to be a problem in the near future. However what you did was very clever. Did you use lzma for compression?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE: I am not the developer of TWRP. I just compiled it for the HTC Desire with permission from TeamWin. Huge thanks to them and to Dees_Troy for his help. Source code is available at their website.

Team Win Recovery Project 2.2, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash.
    The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:
    RAsb.jpg
    AO13.jpg

CHANGELOG:
    Complete changelogs can be found here.

DOWNLOADS:
    - TWRP 2.3.1.1 recovery.img md5:7126C885B1673D9C4066644D4A315967
    - TWRP 2.2.0 recovery.img md5:36DC01E924BD5853859C912ECAD46123

BUGS:
    Since this is not an official release, bugs are to be expected. That said, after some extensive testing I did not discover any bugs, but you are free to report anything you find.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Currently due to some restrictions in the source code, this build of the recovery can mount the sd-ext partition ONLY if it is formatted as ext4. Other filesystems (such as ext3) are currently unsupported.
    This will be fixed in future versions.
    --- FIXED

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode.
    INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

• Download the recovery from the link in the first post
    • Unzip on your computer
    • Flash the recovery using your favorite tool (Android Flasher, Fastboot Commander, etc)

Alternatively you can flash with fastboot:

1) Boot Your phone in fastboot mode
    2) Connect usb cable. It should now say Fastboot USB.
    3) In cmd type:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot flash recovery c:\path.to.recovery\recovery.img
    4) Unplug and reboot.

If you encounter any errors with the recovery during or after the installation refer to Bortak's guide on Desire Q/A.
    I'm working on 2.5.0.0. No promises though... just thought I'd let everyone know :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app
    Guys I will update it, but right now I don't have much time on my hands. Maybe on the weekend.
    Would this work with the CDMA desire?

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using xda app-developers app

Hmm, no but I can make a different version for it if you want.