[Q] Device does not power on at all and other problems

Search This thread

nocht420

Dec 6, 2013
Okay, so first of all it's not my kindle, it's my mothers. I'm like the "tech guy" in my house. We have had our Kindle Fire for about 1 or 2 years, and today we tried to turn it on and it failed. We tried pushing the power button, holding it down, etc. It turned on after a few tries, but I am concerned it may not continue to "be good." any idea why it did this, or how to keep it from doing this in the future? the device is NOT rooted.

serendipityguy

Oct 9, 2010
Sunny, CA
As an effort to assist you, have you tried to recharge the device, like over night .

Okay, so first of all it's not my kindle, it's my mothers. I'm like the "tech guy" in my house. We have had our Kindle Fire for about 1 or 2 years, and today we tried to turn it on and it failed. We tried pushing the power button, holding it down, etc. It turned on after a few tries, but I am concerned it may not continue to "be good." any idea why it did this, or how to keep it from doing this in the future? the device is NOT rooted.

As an effort to assist you, have you tried to recharge the device, like over night . . .
If so what is the current status?

broadwayblues

Mar 22, 2011
I have a Kindle Fire here too that a family dropped off to see if I could fix it. The battery is dead and I tried the holding power button down for 30 seconds trick and nothing happened. I opened up the back and took the motherboard out and everything seems fine. I put it back together and tried plugging it into the USB power ports on my wall outlet. When power is applied a green light lights up. When I plug in the Fire, the light is steady for half a second and then flickers on and off many times a second. I don't understand what is failing inside the Kindle to cut the power off so many times a second.

Any ideas? The motherboard looks fine. No corrosion on the USB input for the Fire. Solder joints look fine. Disconnected the battery and put it back in. I'm thinking either the USB has cracks that I can't see without a magnifying glass or the battery is bad. Can a battery get so discharged that it won't charge back up?

I'm considering jump starting the battery directly, I've done something similar on my old galaxy nexus.

Any input is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

my6a7uru.jpg

I wanted to add that the green power light on the Fire will not come on at all, and the green light I was talking about on the post above is on my USB wall outlet.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk