[Q] Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 MicroSD 64GB?

Search This thread

daniel644

Feb 29, 2012
I am doing it right now, but from what I've read searching on here it has to be formatted in a different device because for whatever reason the tab 2 won't reformat it on it's own, but once you've got the card formatted to fat32 (you need a special app to do it on windows) you should be good to go in the TAB.

Mr Anderson

Nov 14, 2008
Here is a command prompt formatter that worked for me.

1. Unzip the file to the root of C:\
2. Mount your 64GB card on your PC and take note of the allocated drive letter (e.g. e:\)
3. run command prompt on PC (search for cmd.exe)
4. get to c:\ (I think cd c:\ will do this)
5. type fat32format.exe e:\ and press <return>
(where e:\ is the allocated drive letter from step 2, so if it mounts as f:\ you would type fat32format.exe f:\ instead)

This should then format your card as FAT32 which works fine in my Galaxy SII so there's no reason I can think of why it wouldn't work in the Tab 2 too.

This is all at your own risk of course - I won't be responsible if something goes horribly wrong and you kill your card, PC, Tab or anything else...sorry.

Attachments

• fat32format.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 549

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
Did anybody have any success with this? I am looking at buying the Tab 2 7.0, but I need a 64GB MicroSD.

mjtaryan

Sep 11, 2011
I am doing it right now, but from what I've read searching on here it has to be formatted in a different device because for whatever reason the tab 2 won't reformat it on it's own, but once you've got the card formatted to fat32 (you need a special app to do it on windows) you should be good to go in the TAB.

Does anyone know if the need for the sd card to be formatted as fat32 (or, as the case may be, exfat) is also true of the Note 2? I have both devices (plus a Note 10.1, with which I have no problem using the 64gb card right out of the package). The Note 2 and the tab 2 both have issues trying to read a 64gb card. They recognize the card and its max size, but renames copied files and folders or doesn't copy them at all.

Thanks.

Last edited:

cac2us

Dec 11, 2007
Northern, AZ
64 gb micro sd

Will a 64GB card work on this tab using cyanogenmod 11? Anyone have success without any sort of problem with files not copying or reading? I am planning on buying this card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7&cm_re=micro_sd_64_gb-_-20-211-767-_-Product

This is what I am running.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class...ywords=64+gb+micro+sd+card&pebp=1416293108375

Formatted fat32 using , I can't remember now , but it works great.

mikee286

May 29, 2012
Will I still get all 64gb of the card when it is formatted fat32? I hear fat32 supports only up to 32gb partitions. I know I will never get the whole 64gb due to file system usage but something like 59 or something gb should be fine

mikee286

May 29, 2012
Will I still get all 64gb of the card when it is formatted fat32? I hear fat32 supports only up to 32gb partitions. I know I will never get the whole 64gb due to file system usage but something like 59 or something gb should be fine

Got the card today firnatted it in my laptop as fat32 I get 58gb which seems like a lot has been taken away that is 6gb but other than that it works pretty well from what I can see so far