Search This thread

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
[AOSP]New Liquid UI v0.2

device1t.png
devicec.png

• Working LEDs for notifications!
  • Updated Maps, Market, YouTube and other apps.
  • If USB debugging is enabled and connected, the notification bubble will state "Select Input Method" instead of "USB Debugging" (either ignore it or turn off debugging).
  • Unless you need to change language, hit back arrow at language selection screen
  • You may get a soft reboot during initial setup. I only got one during my testing.
  • Report other bugs..

[AOSP]LiquidMetal for the Incredible

First I'd like to thank BigRushDog for his ROCK SOLID Metal build that this RC1 Incredible build is based off of. I also want to thank Sac23 and bmxerkid954 for allowing me to port their build to the Incredible, that I used for previous versions of this rom. BIG Thanks to Koush and the Cyanogen team for their CM6 files and all that they do. Thanks to Koush for his kernel and too many contributions to name. Special thanks to gmichaelow for answering my silly questions. Special thanks to IncredibleDoes for the original Liquid port. Special Thanks to ALL of my testers for their time and trust that their phones wouldn't get bricked. :)

If I forgot anyone, it wasn't intentional. PM me and I will update this. Oh yeah, thanks to ME for bringing this to my Dinc brothers and sisters! :)

BigRushDog's thread is here.
Sac23 and bmxerkid954's thread is here.

This ROM is based on Android 2.2 (Froyo) and is built from the Android Open Source Project Code (AOSP) With the Acer Liquid Metal UI on top.

Known Issues

• Proximity Sensor doesn't turn the screen off immediately, but prevents buttons from being pressed when the phones against your face and eventually does turn the screen off. (Works perfectly on LiquidLight)
  • Videos not playing (HIGH priority for me right now) (Fixed)
  • Mobile Network Settings FCs (Caused by Uncapped Data Mod - See post #2 for a patch to remove this mod)(Uncapped is not default. Will post flashable zip)
  • Location and Security FC's (Crazy workaround: Rename Phone.apk to Phone.apk.bak, reboot, go into menu and make changes, rename back and reboot - thanks iceman99393)
  • Internal Memory not mounted (Fixed)
  • No LEDs for notifications (I'll see what I can do. :( Any help is appreciated)
  • LED flashes orange when charging and turns solid orange when fully charged
  • No TV Out
  • Changing the Dolby Mobile settings could throw you for a loop. :)
  • CarHome doesn't play nice and will not be included.
  • Light sensor (Rom includes Brightness widget)

PLEASE READ - Tips & Tricks:

To Drag Icons to Other Screens Faster

• Drag the icon to the numbers at the bottom of the app drawer

To Dial *228 for Activation or PRL update (*228 FC's on some AOSP roms)

• Dial *228+ (long press the numeral zero key to add the plus sign)

To Hide the Whole Dock or Half of it

• Drag ALL of your icons for the launcher into the app drawer and the notification bar will rest at the bottom of the screen.
  • Leave just 4 icons in the top row of the launcher and the dock will become half size.

To Do Normal Reboot/Recovery Reboot

• Use Quick Boot app.

To Make the Weather More Accurate

• Open your widgets app (either with the icon or by long pressing the home button, while the screen is unlocked).
  • Long press the weather widget and drag it to the trash can in the bottom left.
  • Hit the "+" button and add weather again. It will let you search for your specific city.

If You don't Like all of the Vibration Feedback, You Can Turn it Off

• For Buttons: Settings-->Sound-->Haptic feedback
  • For Stock Keyboard: Settings-->Language and Keyboard-->XT9 Text Input-->Preferences-->Vibrate on Keypress

If You Don't Like the Transitions, You Can Turn Them Off

• Settings-->Display-->Animation-->Some or None

If You Don't Like the Launcher, Install Your Favorite Launcher (FIRST!!!!) and THEN Change it

• Settings-->Applications-->User Interface. After rebooting it will ask your to choose you launcher (DO NOT CHOOSE LAUNCHER2) (Thanks cooljames2186 for finding this)
  • If you don't install another launcher before doing this, you may end up in a bootloop

If You Select Custom Wallpapers and No Longer Want Them Displayed in the Wallpaper (Home Decor) app

• Use Root Explorer (or your favorite file manager) and navigate to here: /data/data/com.acer.android.breeze.launcher/wallpapers/user/
  • Delete any of the numbered folders (i.e. 1, 2, etc)and they will immediately disappear from the wallpaper app.

What's Included

• MMS (Send/Receive)
  • 720P Camcorder
  • 8MP Camera
  • GPS works
  • Bluetooth works (Wiimote should work but I can't test that)
  • Working Wi-fi
  • Wireless Tether (I've tested with included kernel, after the initial WirelessTether update from the market)
  • Koush's kernel from CM6.1 (Thanks Koush!)
  • Gingerbread Keyboard is the default
  • Google Talk
  • AdFree
  • Brightness Widget
  • Nemo Player
  • T9 Dialing like SENSE!!! :D
  • MORE Acer Bloatware Removed
  • Zipaligned and Deodexed
  • VERY Fast System (Please allow it to settle down after first flashing)
  • New widgets
  • Verizon apps show up in the market
  • and much, much, more..

Instructions

1. Download the Rom and the Phone Fix to your SD card.
  2. Nandroid
  3. Wipe, Wipe, Wipe again.. Oh yeah.... WIPE!
  4. Flash the rom zip via recovery.
  5. Boot it fully (You won't get a FC if you hit back arrow at region selection, but the FC doesn't hurt anything).
  6. Go through set up or skip though it.
  7. Flash the phone fix via Rom Manager or recovery
  8. Set up your Gmail account, let it sync, get your updates from the market.
  9. It may be sluggish after your first boot. Please give it 15 mins or more (depending on how much media you have on internal memory and your sdcard) because the media scanner is going through all of your media, adding it into it's database and creating thumbnails.
  10. Enjoy!

[AOSP]LiquidLight for the Incredible

Thanks to BigRushDog for his Liquid e build for the Evo, which this rom is based off of.

This is basically the same as LiquidMetal with a working proximity sensor that turns the screen off immediately. It doesn't have the weird orange artifact box in the email app or browser (see screenshot below). It's also about 20MB smaller in file size. I added the regular music app with it's widgets that work well. Remove the default music widget and add One of the stock ones (i.e. 4x2, etc). Besides that it has the same known issues as LiquidMetal as well as a widget screen FC from time to time that doesn't hurt anything.

****DISCLAIMER: By downloading you agree that I will not, nor will anyone else but you, take responsibility for the results of you flashing any of the files below.

Update (2/27/2011): Camera fixed and both links added back.

Downloads (ClockworkMod v2.x and 3.0.0.7 or greater)

New Liquid UI v0.2 (Work in Progress)

LiquidMetal RC2.1

Phone.apk Fix (LiquidMetal ONLY! If installing clean, install rom, boot once and then flash this)

LiquidLight RC1.1

No phone fix is needed for LiquidLight.

Last edited:

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
[ROM][PORT]AOSP Sac's LiquidMetal for Inc BETA v0.2 ported by Jermaine151 (1/19/2011)

Changelog

May 9th, 2011

• Released New UI v0.2 (Previously called test)
  • Working LEDs for notifications (Thanks to Sacs' new version)
  • Updated various apps
  • Planning to only improve the new UI version

February 27th, 2011

• Fixed camera crash caused by the media scanning fix.
  • Updated/Added Rom Manager v3.0.1.0
  • Changed versions to LiquidMetal RC2.1 and LiquidLight RC1.1

February 26th, 2011

• Added eMMC media scanning / USB mounting into LiquidLight RC1 and LiquidMetal RC2 (Thanks to n_i_x and the rest of the MIUI team because I reverse engineered their fix)
  • Brought back the install scripts that are compatible with ClockworkMod 2.x and 3.0.0.7 or greater
  • Removed GScript lite since the scripts are no longer needed to mount internal storage via USB

February 24th, 2011

• Went back to the older scripts for the Rom installs due to CWM3 issues. You will need ClockworkMod 2.x to install the roms, but the extras will work with any version of ClockworkMod.
  • Added New flashable battery icons with 1% increments for LiquidLight :D (Thanks to Pendo! for schooling me on apktool and for his colorful circle battery mod and to Stoney666 for tips on editing framework!)
  • Changed LiquidLight version to v0.1b due to adding the stock battery with 1% increments.

February 15th, 2011

• Updated the install scripts to work with ClockworkMod v3 (Thanks to nubecoder for his converter tool and to NilsP for information about it).

Release Candidate 1.1

• Updated the modified Email client to 2.2.1 (Doesn't enforce Exchange Policies and allows for moving Exchange messages to folders).
  • Modified the Acer database so that the Weather Widget defaults to Fahrenheit and updates every 6 hours.

Release Candidate 1

• Switched to BigRush's build to start with (20MB lighter)
  • Added speed tweaks
  • Added Email.apk that doesn't enforce Admin policies (Should help since the Location and Security menu FC's)
  • New font
  • Removed transitions that slow down the framework.
  • New widgets (Brightness, Missed calls, New Messages)
  • Widget Overlay Clock matches home screen clock
  • Stock Ugly Acer Battery Icon (Someone fix that please)
  • And probably some things I forgot to list.

Beta v0.3.1

• Hopefully reboot issue resolved by using v0.2 base files and adding fixes to those.

Beta v0.3

• Fixed DRM issue that caused videos not to play!
  • Fixed Changing battery icons
  • Internal Memory is mounted to /emmc by default
  • Built in GScript that will Toggle mounting the internal memory via USB
    You can add a shortcut directly to your home screen or app drawer, by long pressing a blank place, choosing shortcuts-->GScript Lite-->Toggle Script​
  • Baked in Google Talk (User request)
  • Removed a Music app or 2 (MIUI Music can be uninstalled from "Manage Applications")
  • I thought I had successfully removed Dolby from the Settings menu, but it caused another issue.
  • Fixed listed version in About

Beta v0.2

• Initial Public Release
Extras

Last edited:

ross4747

Jul 10, 2009
Boston
this rom looks amazing i use an SLCD incredible so ill let you know if i have any issues other than what you have already posted

kriskmk

Jun 7, 2010
Utopia
am I missing something.. or do we NOT know what this ROM is based on? aosp? gingerbread? froyo?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2776902

Man this thing is sweet! It'll take some getting used to, but the new UI is pretty neat. Definitely something different. The status bar on the botom is something I've never seen before. It does actually make it easier to reach. Great job man :D

ross4747

Jul 10, 2009
Boston
everything is working great on my SLCD was wondering is there a way to make app drawer on home screen bigger and can i add widgets to the homescreen not lockscreen... UI is different with this one i like it alot:D also my battery light seems to be blinking orange instead of staying solid while charging not sure if that something to be worries but or not but thats about the only thing i saw that was different ill let you know if anthting else changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [AOSP]New Liquid UI v0.2

device1t.png
    devicec.png

• Working LEDs for notifications!
    • Updated Maps, Market, YouTube and other apps.
    • If USB debugging is enabled and connected, the notification bubble will state "Select Input Method" instead of "USB Debugging" (either ignore it or turn off debugging).
    • Unless you need to change language, hit back arrow at language selection screen
    • You may get a soft reboot during initial setup. I only got one during my testing.
    • Report other bugs..

[AOSP]LiquidMetal for the Incredible

First I'd like to thank BigRushDog for his ROCK SOLID Metal build that this RC1 Incredible build is based off of. I also want to thank Sac23 and bmxerkid954 for allowing me to port their build to the Incredible, that I used for previous versions of this rom. BIG Thanks to Koush and the Cyanogen team for their CM6 files and all that they do. Thanks to Koush for his kernel and too many contributions to name. Special thanks to gmichaelow for answering my silly questions. Special thanks to IncredibleDoes for the original Liquid port. Special Thanks to ALL of my testers for their time and trust that their phones wouldn't get bricked. :)

If I forgot anyone, it wasn't intentional. PM me and I will update this. Oh yeah, thanks to ME for bringing this to my Dinc brothers and sisters! :)

BigRushDog's thread is here.
    Sac23 and bmxerkid954's thread is here.

This ROM is based on Android 2.2 (Froyo) and is built from the Android Open Source Project Code (AOSP) With the Acer Liquid Metal UI on top.

Known Issues

• Proximity Sensor doesn't turn the screen off immediately, but prevents buttons from being pressed when the phones against your face and eventually does turn the screen off. (Works perfectly on LiquidLight)
    • Videos not playing (HIGH priority for me right now) (Fixed)
    • Mobile Network Settings FCs (Caused by Uncapped Data Mod - See post #2 for a patch to remove this mod)(Uncapped is not default. Will post flashable zip)
    • Location and Security FC's (Crazy workaround: Rename Phone.apk to Phone.apk.bak, reboot, go into menu and make changes, rename back and reboot - thanks iceman99393)
    • Internal Memory not mounted (Fixed)
    • No LEDs for notifications (I'll see what I can do. :( Any help is appreciated)
    • LED flashes orange when charging and turns solid orange when fully charged
    • No TV Out
    • Changing the Dolby Mobile settings could throw you for a loop. :)
    • CarHome doesn't play nice and will not be included.
    • Light sensor (Rom includes Brightness widget)

PLEASE READ - Tips & Tricks:

To Drag Icons to Other Screens Faster

• Drag the icon to the numbers at the bottom of the app drawer

To Dial *228 for Activation or PRL update (*228 FC's on some AOSP roms)

• Dial *228+ (long press the numeral zero key to add the plus sign)

To Hide the Whole Dock or Half of it

• Drag ALL of your icons for the launcher into the app drawer and the notification bar will rest at the bottom of the screen.
    • Leave just 4 icons in the top row of the launcher and the dock will become half size.

To Do Normal Reboot/Recovery Reboot

• Use Quick Boot app.

To Make the Weather More Accurate

• Open your widgets app (either with the icon or by long pressing the home button, while the screen is unlocked).
    • Long press the weather widget and drag it to the trash can in the bottom left.
    • Hit the "+" button and add weather again. It will let you search for your specific city.

If You don't Like all of the Vibration Feedback, You Can Turn it Off

• For Buttons: Settings-->Sound-->Haptic feedback
    • For Stock Keyboard: Settings-->Language and Keyboard-->XT9 Text Input-->Preferences-->Vibrate on Keypress

If You Don't Like the Transitions, You Can Turn Them Off

• Settings-->Display-->Animation-->Some or None

If You Don't Like the Launcher, Install Your Favorite Launcher (FIRST!!!!) and THEN Change it

• Settings-->Applications-->User Interface. After rebooting it will ask your to choose you launcher (DO NOT CHOOSE LAUNCHER2) (Thanks cooljames2186 for finding this)
    • If you don't install another launcher before doing this, you may end up in a bootloop

If You Select Custom Wallpapers and No Longer Want Them Displayed in the Wallpaper (Home Decor) app

• Use Root Explorer (or your favorite file manager) and navigate to here: /data/data/com.acer.android.breeze.launcher/wallpapers/user/
    • Delete any of the numbered folders (i.e. 1, 2, etc)and they will immediately disappear from the wallpaper app.

What's Included

• MMS (Send/Receive)
    • 720P Camcorder
    • 8MP Camera
    • GPS works
    • Bluetooth works (Wiimote should work but I can't test that)
    • Working Wi-fi
    • Wireless Tether (I've tested with included kernel, after the initial WirelessTether update from the market)
    • Koush's kernel from CM6.1 (Thanks Koush!)
    • Gingerbread Keyboard is the default
    • Google Talk
    • AdFree
    • Brightness Widget
    • Nemo Player
    • T9 Dialing like SENSE!!! :D
    • MORE Acer Bloatware Removed
    • Zipaligned and Deodexed
    • VERY Fast System (Please allow it to settle down after first flashing)
    • New widgets
    • Verizon apps show up in the market
    • and much, much, more..

Instructions

1. Download the Rom and the Phone Fix to your SD card.
    2. Nandroid
    3. Wipe, Wipe, Wipe again.. Oh yeah.... WIPE!
    4. Flash the rom zip via recovery.
    5. Boot it fully (You won't get a FC if you hit back arrow at region selection, but the FC doesn't hurt anything).
    6. Go through set up or skip though it.
    7. Flash the phone fix via Rom Manager or recovery
    8. Set up your Gmail account, let it sync, get your updates from the market.
    9. It may be sluggish after your first boot. Please give it 15 mins or more (depending on how much media you have on internal memory and your sdcard) because the media scanner is going through all of your media, adding it into it's database and creating thumbnails.
    10. Enjoy!

[AOSP]LiquidLight for the Incredible

Thanks to BigRushDog for his Liquid e build for the Evo, which this rom is based off of.

This is basically the same as LiquidMetal with a working proximity sensor that turns the screen off immediately. It doesn't have the weird orange artifact box in the email app or browser (see screenshot below). It's also about 20MB smaller in file size. I added the regular music app with it's widgets that work well. Remove the default music widget and add One of the stock ones (i.e. 4x2, etc). Besides that it has the same known issues as LiquidMetal as well as a widget screen FC from time to time that doesn't hurt anything.

****DISCLAIMER: By downloading you agree that I will not, nor will anyone else but you, take responsibility for the results of you flashing any of the files below.

Update (2/27/2011): Camera fixed and both links added back.

Downloads (ClockworkMod v2.x and 3.0.0.7 or greater)

New Liquid UI v0.2 (Work in Progress)

LiquidMetal RC2.1

Phone.apk Fix (LiquidMetal ONLY! If installing clean, install rom, boot once and then flash this)

LiquidLight RC1.1

No phone fix is needed for LiquidLight.
    [ROM][PORT]AOSP Sac's LiquidMetal for Inc BETA v0.2 ported by Jermaine151 (1/19/2011)

Changelog

May 9th, 2011

• Released New UI v0.2 (Previously called test)
    • Working LEDs for notifications (Thanks to Sacs' new version)
    • Updated various apps
    • Planning to only improve the new UI version

February 27th, 2011

• Fixed camera crash caused by the media scanning fix.
    • Updated/Added Rom Manager v3.0.1.0
    • Changed versions to LiquidMetal RC2.1 and LiquidLight RC1.1

February 26th, 2011

• Added eMMC media scanning / USB mounting into LiquidLight RC1 and LiquidMetal RC2 (Thanks to n_i_x and the rest of the MIUI team because I reverse engineered their fix)
    • Brought back the install scripts that are compatible with ClockworkMod 2.x and 3.0.0.7 or greater
    • Removed GScript lite since the scripts are no longer needed to mount internal storage via USB

February 24th, 2011

• Went back to the older scripts for the Rom installs due to CWM3 issues. You will need ClockworkMod 2.x to install the roms, but the extras will work with any version of ClockworkMod.
    • Added New flashable battery icons with 1% increments for LiquidLight :D (Thanks to Pendo! for schooling me on apktool and for his colorful circle battery mod and to Stoney666 for tips on editing framework!)
    • Changed LiquidLight version to v0.1b due to adding the stock battery with 1% increments.

February 15th, 2011

• Updated the install scripts to work with ClockworkMod v3 (Thanks to nubecoder for his converter tool and to NilsP for information about it).

Release Candidate 1.1

• Updated the modified Email client to 2.2.1 (Doesn't enforce Exchange Policies and allows for moving Exchange messages to folders).
    • Modified the Acer database so that the Weather Widget defaults to Fahrenheit and updates every 6 hours.

Release Candidate 1

• Switched to BigRush's build to start with (20MB lighter)
    • Added speed tweaks
    • Added Email.apk that doesn't enforce Admin policies (Should help since the Location and Security menu FC's)
    • New font
    • Removed transitions that slow down the framework.
    • New widgets (Brightness, Missed calls, New Messages)
    • Widget Overlay Clock matches home screen clock
    • Stock Ugly Acer Battery Icon (Someone fix that please)
    • And probably some things I forgot to list.

Beta v0.3.1

• Hopefully reboot issue resolved by using v0.2 base files and adding fixes to those.

Beta v0.3

• Fixed DRM issue that caused videos not to play!
    • Fixed Changing battery icons
    • Internal Memory is mounted to /emmc by default
    • Built in GScript that will Toggle mounting the internal memory via USB
      You can add a shortcut directly to your home screen or app drawer, by long pressing a blank place, choosing shortcuts-->GScript Lite-->Toggle Script​
    • Baked in Google Talk (User request)
    • Removed a Music app or 2 (MIUI Music can be uninstalled from "Manage Applications")
    • I thought I had successfully removed Dolby from the Settings menu, but it caused another issue.
    • Fixed listed version in About

Beta v0.2

• Initial Public Release
    Extras

Somebody cheer me up and report this rom to Android Central! LOL... I'm so depressed. I feel like I lost my best friend. I keep reaching for her and she's not here. :)

EDIT: Don't tell her, but I'd rather have lost the girlfriend than my Incredible.

EDIT2: There's almost 11,000 views of this thread and over 1,000 downloads of this rom and I only have 26 thanks??? :(
    Installed this ROM a couple days ago and I'm loving it. I can live with the quirks.

I just now had time to catch up with the 44 pages of posts... it was kinda like a soap opera with Jermaine losing his phone! lol

Anyway, thanks for this awesome port. Just unique enough to be wonderfully different!

Dude! You haven't seen nothing yet. I'm running a build on my phone now that will make everyone happier. I just need to make sure it will stay this FAST and SMOOTH!! :D /end teaser
    If you do the following command in Terminal Emulator, you will then see after a reboot, EMMC (internal Storage) loaded using Astro for example. I tried it and it worked for me. at least its a a workaround until its fixed. And this command sticks after each tiem you reboot your phone.
    This is the same command we have to run on some of the old MIUI roms for the incredible.
    Hope this helps
    Excellent ROM also, I'm loving it...

su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    echo "" >> /system/bin/sysinit
    echo mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /emmc >> /system/bin/sysinit