Sd internal memory full. Some questions...

Search This thread

umby75

Mar 9, 2012
Another way to free space could be to move apps in external sd.
In Manage Applications for each app i don't find the key to move them.
In my o.s. version does the system already move as default the apps?

Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
Another way to free space could be to move apps in external sd.
In Manage Applications for each app i don't find the key to move them.
In my o.s. version does the system already move as default the apps?

Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

Have you tried Link2SD app for moving the app to SD ?

I used it long ago on Arc S and it worked well.

~ RazorMC

Reactions: umby75

umby75

Mar 9, 2012
I know Link2sd app but actually i think to free no much space moving apps in Extsd.
Further it could be risky for the stability apps when the phone works with apps moved.

However i moved the .thumbnails folder in Dcim of my internal sd to ext sd for caution and - i don't know if that it's the reason - anyway i still have few free space (see pic).
But finally i could update the apps that before i couldn't update cause insufficient memory.

9azugu6y.jpg

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
I know Link2sd app but actually i think to free no much space moving apps in Extsd.
Further it could be risky for the stability apps when the phone works with apps moved.

However i moved the .thumbnails folder in Dcim of my internal sd to ext sd for caution and - i don't know if that it's the reason - anyway i still have few free space (see pic).
But finally i could update the apps that before i couldn't update cause insufficient memory.

Apps with widgets don't work with ext-SD if you use the widget, but most other apps can be moved safely. Maybe you can try to move the navigator app?

Also, the Various section (File vari) is 5gb. You can check that and delete unnecessary data to get more free space.

~ RazorMC

Reactions: umby75

umby75

Mar 9, 2012
Apps with widgets don't work with ext-SD if you use the widget, but most other apps can be moved safely. Maybe you can try to move the navigator app?

I didn't remember that I need to create a second partition to use Link2sd app.
I wonder if i can create now avoiding the sd format.
However i noticed that the navigator app wouldn't free much memory space (see pic).
zyte7a2a.jpg

Why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, i'm struggling about an error i get during installation apps on my phone in signature. I receive the message that the space in memory phone is full.
    When i have freed space (about 200Mb) on my phone i have not received the message anymore.
    But checking the folders in my phone folders i found a directory in Dcim\.thumbnails that contains many only files .jpg (over 2Gb) despite i setted in phone that video and photo made by camera-phone must be saved in external sd.
    Further usually i use Dolphin browser and my question is: can i modify my directory output for downloaded files? Do not think so!
    Can you help me?

The thumbnails are like cache. They are cache for the pictures. U can clear them. Just tat ur gallery will load slower the next time u open it as it has to download the 'cache' for the pictures again. All browsers shld have directories to where they will be downloaded i think.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
    Thank you for your early reply!
    If i can obtain a faster load when i open the Gallery i would leave it so now..
    For the download folder in my Dolphin browser there's not the function to modify the folder.
    If i try to go in tab Manage file in Download by browser i can only entry in different directories than default directory but the new directory has not modified :(

You can change download directory under Menu> More> Settings> Privacy & Personal Data> Download Directory.

I have Chrome too....and Opera..:)
    In stock browser i checked in settings and in my options i have device or sd card and it's just setted sd card...
    Evidently for sdcard it means internal sd card...

I doubt so. On my note 3, i did not have a ext sdcard inside and it greyed out the option to choose where the default storage is. Only device.

You are right! Infact the file has been downloaded in external sd. Not being the possibility to insert a directory path i thought i couldn't modify.
    To free the space again i noticed my Aura Sygic navigator with over 1Gb of data map saved in internal sd.
    It would be useful if i can take these data in external sd.
    However i didn't find anything in Sygic settings for change of position. .

I think u can download apps tat can move the data to ext sd card.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
    @whatsgood
    What do you mean when you say that Android didn't recognise that you deleted files?
    @JellyYogurt
    It would be optimal at least if we can move these cache files in external sd...to avoid a risk about factory reset.

For about map of navigator a displacement to extsd would be good too..

I think it is possible. Just dk how though. Sry.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app