[27.Jan.2012.] CWM Recovery Touch Beta 8 Release Candidate 1

Search This thread

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Hey, I started working with cm7 recovery and preparing it to touch recovery. Here is some screen shoots how it's look now and I will update this thread with my progress!

device20120111150258.png
device20120111205141.png

EDIT 02.Jan.2012:
Beta 2 done!

Changelog:
- it's now v5.0.2.7 !
- removed back button in menu and all functions about back button (no needed becouse it's touch recovery which have back option)
- fixed touch buttons (screen redraw)

EDIT 03.Jan.2012:
Beta 3 done!

Changelog:
- fixed bug (touch buttons inside "wipe cache partition" not displayed)
- added vibrate efect on touch press
- preparation for leds trigers for battery and battery level to top screen. My plan now is creating an function (an hex lookup table) that I will translate nubmers to picture, for example number 98 trought lookup table will translate numbers to picture that will be displayed as a battery indicator like in android rom :). If someone have idea how to implement it for better use, please post it here)

EDIT 04.Jan.2012:
Beta 4 done!

Changelog:
- fixed glitches during boot
- added stock cwm theme with cyan text color
- added button efects

EDIT 10.Jan.2012:
Beta 5 done!

Changelog:
- increased position for touch buttons press (allso menu moving speed improvements)
- new theme with gray font color (too look like theme)
- added battery indicator (icon) in real time!
- added leds trigers
- fixed progress bar position
- its now in zip format (instalable from recovery!)

EDIT 11.Jan.2012:
Changelog:
- smoothest current theme
- fixed battery indicator and leds indicator (100% showed 00% and green leds was red)
- changed beta 4 to beta 5 (I forgot to change:))
- its now in image format (removed zip compatible installing becouse some guys corupted his recovery partition. To get it in zip use zip and replace recovery-raw.img with recovery-raw.img from beta5. If zip install fail you need to flash recovery from magldr (if using magldr) or if use clk (clk way)
Next plan is adding yes/no support and perfecting current version!

EDIT 11.Jan.2012:
Beta 6 done!

Changelog:
- yes/no full suported (credits to carl1961) :)
- drawable text perfected (its not now ower menu + its moved one position to the right) :)
- gradients in "installing" is removed
- battery icon is disabled after showing progress bar (icon was continuously flashed) and enabled again if no progress bar

Its perfected now and its stil beta until we fix all bugs!

Tutorial - how to create custom skins:
- download adbshell from atachment and extract
- replace recovery-raw.img with an that you want to edit
There is 3 bat files. First one (STEP1_unpack_cwm_and_download_theme.bat):
- connect your phone to usb cable
- double click to STEP1_unpack_cwm_and_download_theme.bat
If all gone ok you will see folder "res" in same folder! If you not see res folder it mean - step 1 fail (your busybox not suport provided comands or you not have installed usb drivers)! If you see res - step 1 done! Go to res folder and adit pictures inside :) Note. Pictures need to be (no big in kb becouse your final cwm will be big)! About battery icons. There is a and b. a is first part of the battery icon and b is seccond part of the battery icon, so after creating battery icon pay atention to a and b! For example a1 and b2 give you battery icon of the 12%...etc. a10 icon is for empty first part icon for example if level is 8 it mean you need 2 icons a10+b8 -> first part is empty, seccond part is b8. a11 is ussed when battery level is 100% so it mean first part a11 is 10+ b0 is 0 == a11+b0=100%
Seccond one (STEP2_pack_cwm.bat):
- double click to STEP2_pack_cwm.bat
If all gone ok you will see recovery.img so it mean you done step2 and have your own cwm with your skin :)
Third one (STEP3_install_cwm.bat):
- double click to STEP3_install_cwm.bat to install custom cwm :)

EDIT 14.Jan.2012:
- adbshell updated to work with some other versions of the busybox + added one commant to remount system partition to read write

EDIT 24.Jan.2012:
Beta 7 done!

Changelog:
- added ability for theme developers to change menu and text color :)

Note: if you want to change font colors use adbshell from attachment (steps is the same as for changing skin!). Only you need to do is to place an "menu.txt" in res/images/ folder!!! Write in menu.txt 6 numbers including comma, for example in this format:
First 3 numbers (rgb format!) is for text color and last 3 numbers (rgb format!) is for menu text color :) Enjoy!
Beta 7 is in attachment becouse something is not ok with multiupload... will upload later to multiupload!

EDIT 27.Jan.2012:
Beta 8 RC1 (release candidate 1) done!

Changelog:
- fixed battery level and fine tuned (some guys reported wrong level if level is 5% - icon not show)
- source code cleanup
- corected version title :)
Its now again in beta stage but I tested it and becouse your help I fixed some small bugs and its now an pre-release stable candidate (RC1)!

For non adwanced users, please read this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21811232&postcount=326

Attachments

• adbshell.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 8,655
  • CWM_Touch_HD2_Beta_8_RC1.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 42,357
Last edited:

zenida

Jan 25, 2010
Cetraro
astragonia.altervista.org
That's great man but i think you should use a simply and clean background without fire and flames... that's rock of course but simplicity is better specially when the text will flow over the flames and become unreadable

Go ahead ;-)

Sent from my HD2 to your face

Reactions: Burag

drcell

Apr 22, 2008
Flashed your new Recovery and used "wipe data/factory reset" option. It did what i need but after finish on screen arrows and OK button disappeared. Also its V4.x.x.x why dont you use V5.x.x.x ?

So back to the orijinal recovery. Anyway thanks your effort...

Reactions: munjeni

dddrko

Mar 15, 2005
Flashed your new Recovery and used "wipe data/factory reset" option. It did what i need but after finish on screen arrows and OK button disappeared. Also its V4.x.x.x why dont you use V5.x.x.x ?

Agree about v5.x.x.x. Also confirming that when finish some task buttons disappears...

Reactions: munjeni

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011

Ok, thanks! Thats reason why recovery is beta! Please give me link to source of the version 5. I will fix buttons problem (forgot an picture :)), and my plan in future is creating directly tap commands on menu link ...etc

Last edited:

Aitrus

Jul 20, 2009
Ok, thanks! Thats reason why recovery is beta! Please give me link to source of the version 5. I will fix buttons problem (forgot an picture :)), and my plan in future is creating directly tap commands on menu link ...etc
here you are, url link to CWR v5.0.2.7
http://cyanogenmod.arif-ali.co.uk/recoveries/recovery_5.0.2.7_leo_CWR.zip :cool:
OH! if you could do this. i would give up all other recoverys. :D I have spent more time in recovery today than i have in my rom. lol

i am soooo looking forward to future updates!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I started working with cm7 recovery and preparing it to touch recovery. Here is some screen shoots how it's look now and I will update this thread with my progress!

device20120111150258.png
    device20120111205141.png

EDIT 02.Jan.2012:
    Beta 2 done!

Changelog:
    - it's now v5.0.2.7 !
    - removed back button in menu and all functions about back button (no needed becouse it's touch recovery which have back option)
    - fixed touch buttons (screen redraw)

EDIT 03.Jan.2012:
    Beta 3 done!

Changelog:
    - fixed bug (touch buttons inside "wipe cache partition" not displayed)
    - added vibrate efect on touch press
    - preparation for leds trigers for battery and battery level to top screen. My plan now is creating an function (an hex lookup table) that I will translate nubmers to picture, for example number 98 trought lookup table will translate numbers to picture that will be displayed as a battery indicator like in android rom :). If someone have idea how to implement it for better use, please post it here)

EDIT 04.Jan.2012:
    Beta 4 done!

Changelog:
    - fixed glitches during boot
    - added stock cwm theme with cyan text color
    - added button efects

EDIT 10.Jan.2012:
    Beta 5 done!

Changelog:
    - increased position for touch buttons press (allso menu moving speed improvements)
    - new theme with gray font color (too look like theme)
    - added battery indicator (icon) in real time!
    - added leds trigers
    - fixed progress bar position
    - its now in zip format (instalable from recovery!)

EDIT 11.Jan.2012:
    Changelog:
    - smoothest current theme
    - fixed battery indicator and leds indicator (100% showed 00% and green leds was red)
    - changed beta 4 to beta 5 (I forgot to change:))
    - its now in image format (removed zip compatible installing becouse some guys corupted his recovery partition. To get it in zip use zip and replace recovery-raw.img with recovery-raw.img from beta5. If zip install fail you need to flash recovery from magldr (if using magldr) or if use clk (clk way)
    Next plan is adding yes/no support and perfecting current version!

EDIT 11.Jan.2012:
    Beta 6 done!

Changelog:
    - yes/no full suported (credits to carl1961) :)
    - drawable text perfected (its not now ower menu + its moved one position to the right) :)
    - gradients in "installing" is removed
    - battery icon is disabled after showing progress bar (icon was continuously flashed) and enabled again if no progress bar

Its perfected now and its stil beta until we fix all bugs!

Tutorial - how to create custom skins:
    - download adbshell from atachment and extract
    - replace recovery-raw.img with an that you want to edit
    There is 3 bat files. First one (STEP1_unpack_cwm_and_download_theme.bat):
    - connect your phone to usb cable
    - double click to STEP1_unpack_cwm_and_download_theme.bat
    If all gone ok you will see folder "res" in same folder! If you not see res folder it mean - step 1 fail (your busybox not suport provided comands or you not have installed usb drivers)! If you see res - step 1 done! Go to res folder and adit pictures inside :) Note. Pictures need to be (no big in kb becouse your final cwm will be big)! About battery icons. There is a and b. a is first part of the battery icon and b is seccond part of the battery icon, so after creating battery icon pay atention to a and b! For example a1 and b2 give you battery icon of the 12%...etc. a10 icon is for empty first part icon for example if level is 8 it mean you need 2 icons a10+b8 -> first part is empty, seccond part is b8. a11 is ussed when battery level is 100% so it mean first part a11 is 10+ b0 is 0 == a11+b0=100%
    Seccond one (STEP2_pack_cwm.bat):
    - double click to STEP2_pack_cwm.bat
    If all gone ok you will see recovery.img so it mean you done step2 and have your own cwm with your skin :)
    Third one (STEP3_install_cwm.bat):
    - double click to STEP3_install_cwm.bat to install custom cwm :)

EDIT 14.Jan.2012:
    - adbshell updated to work with some other versions of the busybox + added one commant to remount system partition to read write

EDIT 24.Jan.2012:
    Beta 7 done!

Changelog:
    - added ability for theme developers to change menu and text color :)

Note: if you want to change font colors use adbshell from attachment (steps is the same as for changing skin!). Only you need to do is to place an "menu.txt" in res/images/ folder!!! Write in menu.txt 6 numbers including comma, for example in this format:
    First 3 numbers (rgb format!) is for text color and last 3 numbers (rgb format!) is for menu text color :) Enjoy!
    Beta 7 is in attachment becouse something is not ok with multiupload... will upload later to multiupload!

EDIT 27.Jan.2012:
    Beta 8 RC1 (release candidate 1) done!

Changelog:
    - fixed battery level and fine tuned (some guys reported wrong level if level is 5% - icon not show)
    - source code cleanup
    - corected version title :)
    Its now again in beta stage but I tested it and becouse your help I fixed some small bugs and its now an pre-release stable candidate (RC1)!

For non adwanced users, please read this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21811232&postcount=326
    I believe if the new recovery is significantly larger (what constitues that I don't know) than the old one it will wipe out part of the OS. That's because of the setting 'recovery rrecov|ro|nospr filesize recovery-raw.img' in the flash.cfg for magldr. I've tried changing that to say 'recovery rrecov|ro|nospr 6M' but it did not work. I'm not sure why, but it would not boot recovery. One way to get around that is to use a SD based recovery. I don't know how to create a CWM or SD (initrd and zimage) version, but someone out there might.
    It can wipe nothing than recovery! Only will install or corupt your recovery! To prevent fail to recovery instalation best way to check if new recovery is smaler or same as your recovery partition is:
    - using adb: adb shell cat /proc/mtd, you will see something like that:
    Code:
    dev:    size   erasesize  name
    mtd0: 000a0000 00020000 "misc"
    mtd1: 00420000 00020000 "recovery"
    mtd2: 002c0000 00020000 "boot"
    mtd3: 0f000000 00020000 "system"
    mtd4: 02800000 00020000 "cache"
    mtd5: 0b920000 00020000 "userdata"
    - than go to http://easycalculation.com/hex-converter.php and paste 00420000 to hex input on that site and you will see in decimal format size of the your recovery partition for example: in my way its 00420000 and in decimal its 4325376, so it mean my recovery partition have size of the 4,325MB. If recovery-raw.img have biger size than 4,325MB than recovery instalation will 100% sure fail to install!!! If the recovery-raw.img is smaler than 4,325MB you will sure it will be succesfull!!! I newer tried clk but I think clk not have option changing partition layout (only if you change it in source and create custom part layout) like magldr have, but to be sure, before instaling new recovery, use adb shell and check!

I added ability for recovery theme customization, but theme developers need to pay atention to final recovery size becouse if picture size is biger - will be biger final recovery size!!! In any way I will create an kernel only for recovery with an small size in next release (will disable unused modules for recovery, will apply lzma compresion...etc)!

CWM Recovery Touch ICS themed:
    Flash it with DAF and 6Mb recovery partition size (get in attachement)
    I want to say its great but it have very big size in kb, it will fail to install on most recoveries, only will be compatible to custom magldr partition layout (include wiping all)! For best picture size try lowering bit depth, frame count, try compresing your png...etc
    Beta 8 RC1 done! See first page for changelog! :)
    Tutorial - how to create custom skins is in first post :)
    Guys, please wait some days, I going to create an exe for packing/repacking cwm, so after it you will have an option about changing theme for cwm! Allso I will make tutorial for it!