Wifi error after update

Search This thread

HrCorreia

Sep 9, 2012
Hello.

I recently bougth a SGS4G, it came with the original 2.2.1, and every thing worked fine.

I started to read about de updating the rom and got interested, after reading, I made de update using the one-click metode. I used the Stock_KJ6_+_root-One-Click.jar, it all went just fine, the phone run smoth, but when I tried to turn on the wifi connection every single time it gives the error message.

Does any one have any ideia on how to solve this problem?

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Hello.

I recently bougth a SGS4G, it came with the original 2.2.1, and every thing worked fine.

I started to read about de updating the rom and got interested, after reading, I made de update using the one-click metode. I used the Stock_KJ6_+_root-One-Click.jar, it all went just fine, the phone run smoth, but when I tried to turn on the wifi connection every single time it gives the error message.

Try it again, you may have had a bad download.

No its not a bad download. He used my oneclick and wifi is broken because blastoff uses the bcm4329 module.

HrCorreia use the kernel in this thread. Just flash it in cwm. Your wifi should be fixed after that. If not post back and Ill see what I can do to help.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1828171&highlight=blastoff

HrCorreia

Sep 9, 2012
What error message are you seeing?

Posted from my SGS4G, thanks to Team Acid development

When I try to turn on the wifi connection, it always shows the message saying "error" on the connection status.

No its not a bad download. He used my oneclick and wifi is broken because blastoff uses the bcm4329 module.

HrCorreia use the kernel in this thread. Just flash it in cwm. Your wifi should be fixed after that. If not post back and Ill see what I can do to help.

I'll try that.

Jordanyme

Jun 13, 2012
I faced same problem previously.. i fixed that by Reflashing the rom & root it again...

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Thanks bhundven Ive been busy all weekend and when I have gotten home fixing that one click has been the least of my thoughts. I know bad eollie no cookie.

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
eollie, I didn't know he was using blastoff.

Its all gravy man, I just happened to notice the name of the one click he used. Its was the one click I created to get root plus stock for coming back to stock. Ive known about the broken wifi I think I even spoke about it in the OP.

HrCorreia

Sep 9, 2012
Thanks to all who tried to help me, and in fact realy helped me.:laugh::good:

I hope this topic manage to help others.

serialteg

Dec 17, 2010
Trujillo Alto
www.facebook.com

JaimeZX

Dec 3, 2011
Thanks bhundven Ive been busy all weekend and when I have gotten home fixing that one click has been the least of my thoughts. I know bad eollie no cookie.

Eollie - did you ever update the OneClick?
Just curious because just tonight I flashed your OC... or the top one in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1358498
Downloaded it fresh today. "Stock_KJ6_+_root-One-Click.jar (this has the blastoff v2.5 kernel)"

Anyway, the wifi wasn't working. I flashed AntonX's BwaT kernel to get it back.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
----
Related: I would've loved to flash straight to Valhalla Black but even though I found a post where VB built an experimental One Click for that, I couldn't actually find a JAR anywhere. Am I missing something here too? Apparently FB isn't accepting PMs....

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
I'm not sure why you're looking for one-click installers for everything. The typical way to install is using a zip in recovery. You should be able to find a good selection of ROMs and kernels that you can flash from the recovery that it sounds like you already have installed.

The one-click installers are generally when you have things so hozed up you need to get back to a relatively clean, know state. They generally aren't for getting a fully functional phone. Your WiFi problem is likely the driver that matches your kernel not being installed.

FB is around from time to time.

In general, I wouldn't hold your breath on anyone updating software from a couple years ago. Older projects eventually get archived or deleted as each ROM build you are working on can take 50 GB or more.

---
Posted from whatever phone booted today

JaimeZX

Dec 3, 2011
Phone was super hosed. Would not restore a Nandroid backup.
A VB one-click would have been fastest.

Would gladly try a newer ROM but my wife and I use wifi-calling every day - until and unless somebody with a newer ROM figures that out, we're on GB.
I'm not sure why you're looking for one-click installers for everything. The typical way to install is using a zip in recovery. You should be able to find a good selection of ROMs and kernels that you can flash from the recovery that it sounds like you already have installed.

The one-click installers are generally when you have things so hozed up you need to get back to a relatively clean, know state. They generally aren't for getting a fully functional phone. Your WiFi problem is likely the driver that matches your kernel not being installed.

FB is around from time to time.

In general, I wouldn't hold your breath on anyone updating software from a couple years ago. Older projects eventually get archived or deleted as each ROM build you are working on can take 50 GB or more.

---

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
Gingerbread is cool, especially if you need the proprietary WiFi calling feature. Several of us have poked at those bits and they aren't very happy with anything but the ROM they were built for.

You'll typically have problems if you flash a kernel through download mode "over" an existing ROM. Download mode is partition-at-a-time so it can't, for example, update kernel modules on that are on the same partition as the rest of the ROM.

Lots to pick from once you have custom recovery going.

---

JaimeZX

Dec 3, 2011
Back to the original question though - did Eollie or anyone update the kernel in the Rooted/stock one-click so that Wifi works? Maybe it was just a fluke that it didn't work for me?
(I'm asking for the next guy...)

TwitchyEye

Jun 23, 2012
Dallas

TwitchyEye

Jun 23, 2012
Dallas
And done. The second post has been updated with the new oneclick.
This fixes wifi and removes the csc update. Enjoy!

(note, after rebooting it does go to recovery, so you can flash after oneclicking)

I see. Maybe he just made it boot to recovery instead so you still have to reflash the kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1393469918991.jpg
    1393469918991.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll have a fix for the oneclick tonight. ;)
    Hello.

Try it again, you may have had a bad download.