[Q] moto g died / bricked help!

Search This thread

cancheritos

Jan 24, 2014
hi, i'm sorry, but i need help urgently. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed an international firmware so i can update to 4.4.2, since kitkat is not available in my country yet. then i tried to root my phone using superboot-windows.bat, and when the phone restarted it showd the moto logo, but it faded to black. so i turned it off, but now it doesn't turn on. is there a way to turn it on via adb or fastboot from windows?
please help i'm panicking.

Boss442

Jul 19, 2012
Mar Del Plata
hi, i'm sorry, but i need help urgently. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed an international firmware so i can update to 4.4.2, since kitkat is not available in my country yet. then i tried to root my phone using superboot-windows.bat, and when the phone restarted it showd the moto logo, but it faded to black. so i turned it off, but now it doesn't turn on. is there a way to turn it on via adb or fastboot from windows?

plug in the pc and show me what says the pc

Reactions: cancheritos

cancheritos

Jan 24, 2014
solved

hi, i conected the moto g to the computer and while holding on/off button i run adb-windows.exe and it rebooted instantly. i don't know what hapenned exactly, but now i have mi cel back. sadly, i don't have root acces, but after this i don't know if i will try it again. thanks for your time!

serophia

Feb 8, 2013
California
Flash cwm 6.0.4.6 in development thread and download latest supersu from chain fire website

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app

tatazeuz

Dec 5, 2012
Santiago
hi, i conected the moto g to the computer and while holding on/off button i run adb-windows.exe and it rebooted instantly. i don't know what hapenned exactly, but now i have mi cel back. sadly, i don't have root acces, but after this i don't know if i will try it again. thanks for your time!

As long as your bootloader works, your phone will always be recoverable. Also, it's almost impossible to kill your bootloader, since the phone prevents you from downgrading it. Moto loves the community, and this is a way to show it; a hardbrick proof phone.

cancheritos

Jan 24, 2014
As long as your bootloader works, your phone will always be recoverable. Also, it's almost impossible to kill your bootloader, since the phone prevents you from downgrading it. Moto loves the community, and this is a way to show it; a hardbrick proof phone.

yeah, i got scared because it didn't turn on or boot in any way, i tried everithing: torn on botton, log press turn on button, vol- and turn on, lon press booth, and it didn't response... if only the bootloader, but nothing. also the pc didn't recognice it, and i checked the usb power suply, it wasn't receiving any voltage... i was going to send it to the dealer and try my luck, but then the miracle happenned, and now im happy!

tatazeuz

Dec 5, 2012
Santiago
yeah, i got scared because it didn't turn on or boot in any way, i tried everithing: torn on botton, log press turn on button, vol- and turn on, lon press booth, and it didn't response... if only the bootloader, but nothing. also the pc didn't recognice it, and i checked the usb power suply, it wasn't receiving any voltage... i was going to send it to the dealer and try my luck, but then the miracle happenned, and now im happy!

It sounds like it ran out of battery during the procces, and then recovered part of it via usb.

Boss442

Jul 19, 2012
Mar Del Plata

Sorry but the other day i kill the bootloader, i flash the .mbn files on the firmware and my phone don't work, only appears qusb-bulk when i connect on the pc, but i have a tool for blank-flash the bootloader and make im work again, seems the tool directly writes the emmc

tatazeuz

Dec 5, 2012
Santiago
Sorry but the other day i kill the bootloader, i flash the .mbn files on the firmware and my phone don't work, only appears qusb-bulk when i connect on the pc, but i have a tool for blank-flash the bootloader and make im work again, seems the tool directly writes the emmc

So, is your phone dead, or you recovered it?

Boss442

Jul 19, 2012
Mar Del Plata
O sea, sigue muerto? Ya lo intentaste recuperar?

So, its still dead? Did you already tried to recover it?

Ya esta recuperado, con una herramienta que escribe directamente en la eMMC del dispositivo y los drivers de la Riffbox.

Is already recovered, with a tool what directly writes the eMMC and the Riffbox drivers. Maybe later make a post

Reactions: tatazeuz

tatazeuz

Dec 5, 2012
Santiago
Ya esta recuperado, con una herramienta que escribe directamente en la eMMC del dispositivo y los drivers de la Riffbox.

Is already recovered, with a tool what directly writes the eMMC and the Riffbox drivers. Maybe later make a post

Definitivamente deberías compartir la herramienta, podrías salvar muchos Moto G en el futuro. Me hace sentir mas tranquilo que puedes reflashear un bootloader corrupto.

You should definitely share that tool, you could save a lot of Moto G's in the future. I feel a lot better knowing that you can reflash a corrupt bootloader

Reactions: Boss442

kieranc88

Oct 1, 2012
manchester

If you read this thread you can reflash and ota to 4.4 then root, it contains everything you need,use the cooptx root method when your on KitKat,its the UK ROM but its the same as all other ROMs. Use the link to modaco to flash back to complete stock 4.3 then upgrade to KitKat ota the ln root , read the thread it has everything you need
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616362

danilocps87

Could you share this tool, please? I think I kill the bootloader too. After I did a command from terminal emulator (I’m using CM11), my Moto G shutdown and now it doesn’t power on… I tried a lot of “solutions”, but nothing can make it power on again…

Boss442

Jul 19, 2012
Mar Del Plata
Could you share this tool, please? I think I kill the bootloader too. After I did a command from terminal emulator (I’m using CM11), my Moto G shutdown and now it doesn’t power on… I tried a lot of “solutions”, but nothing can make it power on again…

I do a post on original development

Enviado desde mi Moto G mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

plug in the pc and show me what says the pc
    O sea, sigue muerto? Ya lo intentaste recuperar?

So, its still dead? Did you already tried to recover it?

Definitivamente deberías compartir la herramienta, podrías salvar muchos Moto G en el futuro. Me hace sentir mas tranquilo que puedes reflashear un bootloader corrupto.

You should definitely share that tool, you could save a lot of Moto G's in the future. I feel a lot better knowing that you can reflash a corrupt bootloader