[Q] Z1 Compact and 4G

Search This thread

bendash

Mar 6, 2010
Hi there,

I have a rooted Z1 Compact (used the UK firmware) on T-Mobile network, and I've just payed for a 4G data plan and also replaced my age-old SIM card with a 4G-capable one.

However, I still cannot register to the 4G network so I only have 3G. Could this be because I'm in Central Europe (Hungary, to be exact) so I should flash the CE ftf because it won't work with the UK one?

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited:

louis0815

May 12, 2009
www.alex-2.de
Check your access point settings and make sure you have 4G coverage.
Shouldn't be a matter of UK or CE firmware.

-----
tapatalked with Android

bendash

Mar 6, 2010
Check your access point settings and make sure you have 4G coverage.
Shouldn't be a matter of UK or CE firmware.

-----
tapatalked with Android

I've checked my settings and everything seems to be in order, and I'm in the capital which is covered by T-Mobile.

Interestingly though, I've flashed the CE firmware (without wiping) last weekend and now it seems to register on the 4G network, so it seems that my problem is solved, although I've yet to see the 4G sign when I'm on mobile data.

Steven1145

Apr 6, 2010
paris
It might be a case of your data plan monthly date not being reached. Here in France, changes to a subscription are in effect once one reaches the day in the month on which the contract was started (if you started your contract on the 5th of the month, then any subsequent changes will be put into effect on that day).
My own Z1c has yet to show a 4g symbol, but my contract renews with the 4g option on the 25th... Wait and see.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Steven1145

Apr 6, 2010
paris
So today I'm on the renewal day of my monthly contract, and tadaaaaa ! 4g now showing on the phone.

louis0815

May 12, 2009
www.alex-2.de
This is how it should look like:
attachment.php

Attachments

• LTE.jpg
    LTE.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 721

bendash

Mar 6, 2010
This is how it should look like:
attachment.php

I guess I'll have to wait a bit more.

The whole story is this: I went over my monthly data limit a day or two before I posted this thread, so my net became crazy slow. I thought, might as well look at the mobile data plans again, see if they might have a better option.

Turns out they do have a 4G data plan with 1Gb transfer per month, for just a bit more than what I've paid for my plan before.

So I've switched my plan, and then I realised that my SIM card is probably not capable of 4G because it's basically from the past century.

Now, I have a brand new 4G-capable SIM card, and a 4G data plan that was supposedly activated on the spot, i.e. about a week ago. Still, when I try to connect to the 4G network, this is the message I get:

Fiqi5a0l.png

And it reverts back to the 3G connection.

bendash

Mar 6, 2010
hi
You need to check your access point setting and it doesn't matter you have UK firmware or
EC firmware and one more thing there should be 4G coverage then you have to register for 4 g service

Unfortunately that seems to be a dead-end as well. As far as I can tell it should be internet.telekom, and it is.

bendash

Mar 6, 2010
Yeah I probably just have to wait til the original plan expires or something. I'll call them if it's still the same after next week. Thanks for the help and enjoy your device :)