[SOLVED] Installing rom failure.

Search This thread

TheYello

Jun 17, 2014
Ok 1. I am sorry if this is in the wrong section.
2. I am sorry if this does not make any sense.
3. I have searched the internets but I have not found anything.

So I am trying to install cm-11-20140615-NIGHTLY-i9305 onto my S3 LTE (the i9305) android 4.3. I have rooted it (i think, I flashed Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0 onto it and also CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.) And CWM-Recovery.

I never let the phone boot up completly since it will reflash original firmware with knox (or something) What I did was as soon as I saw samsung galaxy s3 LTE I pulled out the battery.

Then I went into CWM-Recovery I wiped dalvik I did factory reset. But when I try to Flash the rom I have in my sd it says. "This package is for "m3,m3xx,i9305, GT-I9305" devices; this is a "m0".

What am I doing wrong? Is my phone compleatly unrootable and unromable? is there a way I can downgrade to 4.1? BTW I live in sweden so I have the Telia firmware

Last edited:

MaHo_66

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Ok 1. I am sorry if this is in the wrong section.
2. I am sorry if this does not make any sense.
3. I have searched the internets but I have not found anything.

So I am trying to install cm-11-20140615-NIGHTLY-i9305 onto my S3 LTE (the i9305) android 4.3. I have rooted it (i think, I flashed Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0 onto it and also CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.) And CWM-Recovery.

I never let the phone boot up completly since it will reflash original firmware with knox (or something) What I did was as soon as I saw samsung galaxy s3 LTE I pulled out the battery.

Then I went into CWM-Recovery I wiped dalvik I did factory reset. But when I try to Flash the rom I have in my sd it says. "This package is for "m3,m3xx,i9305, GT-I9305" devices; this is a "m0".

What am I doing wrong? Is my phone compleatly unrootable and unromable? is there a way I can downgrade to 4.1? BTW I live in sweden so I have the Telia firmware

Do this to start fresh and clean from the beginning:

1. flash with odin3 v3.09 from your pc your official 4.3 firmware back to your device (google about flashing with odin if you dont know how to)
2. use the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file to flash with odin again for rooting the device
3. here on this thread are recoverys for our i9305 you get to choose which you want twrp/philz(cwm advanced edition)/cwm. i recommend philz 6.41.6 as its the latest one based on cwm touch 6.0.4.8. again flash the recovery with odin
4. now youre ready for a custom rom. download the cm11 nightly.zip you want, put it in your internal sd or external sd, boot into your recovery and do these:

- wipe data factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- in mounts and storage --> format system/format cache/format data (this whole part is optional, for if you want a really clean flash)
- in advanced --> wipe dalvik cache

now select install from zip and find the zip package that you put earlier in int. or ext. sd, install it and when finished reboot your phone

Thats it :)

TheYello

Jun 17, 2014
Do this to start fresh and clean from the beginning:

1. flash with odin3 v3.09 from your pc your official 4.3 firmware back to your device (google about flashing with odin if you dont know how to)
2. use the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file to flash with odin again for rooting the device
3. here on this thread are recoverys for our i9305 you get to choose which you want twrp/philz(cwm advanced edition)/cwm. i recommend philz 6.41.6 as its the latest one based on cwm touch 6.0.4.8. again flash the recovery with odin
4. now youre ready for a custom rom. download the cm11 nightly.zip you want, put it in your internal sd or external sd, boot into your recovery and do these:

- wipe data factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- in mounts and storage --> format system/format cache/format data (this whole part is optional, for if you want a really clean flash)
- in advanced --> wipe dalvik cache

now select install from zip and find the zip package that you put earlier in int. or ext. sd, install it and when finished reboot your phone

Thats it :)

IT WORKS!!! OMG thank you! I have searched and searched far and wide for a solution! (last time I accidently flashed CWM-recovery for a nexus and bricked it ( fortunatly the insuranse company I had my phone on didnt care (or didnt know >:3))) Thank you again big vouch!

Last edited:

TheYello

Jun 17, 2014
Well...

O̶o̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶u̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶(̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶w̶e̶d̶i̶s̶h̶)̶ ̶A̶n̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶?̶ Never mind I got it working. Cant figure out how to delete posts tho :d

Last edited:

MaHo_66

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
O̶o̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶u̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶(̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶w̶e̶d̶i̶s̶h̶)̶ ̶A̶n̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶?̶ Never mind I got it working. Cant figure out how to delete posts tho :d

Hey mate,

here is the flashable supersu v2.00 for gaining root acces with omni rom :)

View attachment UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.00.zip

Top Liked Posts