Confirmation Ice Cream Sandwich for A500

Search This thread

tonyblack

Acer's A100 and A500 tablets getting Ice Cream Sandwich on April 27th - Engadget

"With April nearly over, it's high time Acer came clean on when exactly its promised Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for the A100 and A500 would land. Today the company did just that, revealing that US owners of either tablet can opt-in for their frozen makeovers starting on the 27th. Bad news if you're rocking AT&T's variant of the latter though, as the listing on the company's support page for the A501 says "no update planned." Those not tied Ma Bell can expect Acer's skin -- including that ring launcher -- grafted onto Google's latest, much like the A200's ICS upgrade back in February. Already pumped? Go ahead and bookmark that source link. Do it, we won't judge."

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/18/acers-a100-and-a500-tablets-ICS-april/

Nessuno1

Mar 13, 2012
What is strange is that french websites got 2 dates from Acer for the french ics release date : may 3rd for the A500, may 11th for the A100.

Now we learn that some french guys are currently receiving their ICS update for the A100. It would be interesting though to know where they bought it, because it might mean that this release date plan was rather pessimistic and that we might get ICS sooner than we thought on our beloved A500 :)

Or not.

danc135

Feb 16, 2012
Vitoria
Page has been updated. Mexico, Brazil and the rest of Latin America will have updates rolling on April 27th.

Great news :) Finally, a date we can look forward to!

Nowonmai

Dec 21, 2010
Perth-ish
Acer Australia & New Zealand Hi ******, if you purchased your A501 from an Acer retail stockist such as Harvey Norman, JB HiFi, **** Smith, Bing Lee, The Good Guys or Officeworks, the ICS upgrade is expected to be available July 9.

Good news, there will be an update. Bad news, they are dragging the frigging heels!

gfinockio

Aug 23, 2008
Acer Australia & New Zealand Hi ******, if you purchased your A501 from an Acer retail stockist such as Harvey Norman, JB HiFi, **** Smith, Bing Lee, The Good Guys or Officeworks, the ICS upgrade is expected to be available July 9.

Good news, there will be an update. Bad news, they are dragging the frigging heels!

I can be patient, as long as I know it's coming at all...!

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk

diiorio

Jan 25, 2011
Acer has already confirmed the north America wide release data as April 27th, 2012.

THe only rumor date was May 17th.

Early pop ups have accured States side startign the 19th, but full batch release will be around the 27th.

EU/Canda and other regions following soon after.

At a tech show the delay on the 3g/4G variants seems to be due to unlockign the sim coding to allow full carrier support and not ATT as the default. Options will be available for Verizon and other carrier sims.

Last edited:

SmashMatt

Oct 19, 2011
Hopefully everything is working on the official ICS release. I'll try it and see how it is, but mainly just for the Acer lockscreen and Acer Ring.

masands

Apr 15, 2010
I'm in Australia. Acer says 17th May for our update.

I just need someone nice from the US to post their update.zip file when they get the update :D

Thanks

tigermrk

Aug 17, 2010
Hull
Hi guys, UK here and the update had just started just downloading 391mb +.

Been here a while guys so i have no reason to lie.

Ill try and post the update.zip any easy ways to do this??

Top Liked Posts