Kindle Fire HD losing root access - retry

Search This thread

miztah1999z

Feb 6, 2013
Seattle, WA
I followed what you had said, d/l from the app store and moving it. When I was in settings it had a message in red about going to recently used apps and removing other loaders listed. I will check when I get home and see if it is still there.

Ok. I will rephrase what I said. Delete "com.anddoes.xxxx(I forgot but it starts with that) from data/app, if its there. Then delete from system/app (it should be there, either as Apex Launcher or com.anddoes) .Then reboot, and install apex from play store. Then find it in DATA/APP and MOVE IT to SYSTEM/APP. Change properties to User: Read Write Group: RW Other: RW. Then you can reboot your Kindle. Then it should say "Kindle is upgrading, and then choose which launcher you want.

Zuggel

Oct 28, 2012
So to save some time, I neglected to disable auto updates and lost root again. This time I would like to restore the Kindle to the factory settings and i'm not really sure what to do. miztah1999z mentioned that if I just reset to factory defaults, when I reroot it, which I plan on doing, it will just brick so I wanted to make sure.

I don't want to just reroot it because it freezing up occasionally and I have to reboot it by holding the power button until it turns off, at which point it will work fine until it does it again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, this is no biggie. It happened to me. So if you don't have root access, but you still have play store installed, it's just a matter of rooting it again. But one last thing to check. Go to you file explorer or root explorer and go to " \" I am supposing you know how to do that. You get there by if using es file explorer leading up when you first open it.When you get to \, then you navigate to "system ".Then look file. A folder that is called "Xbin" and open it. If you have a file called "su " in it you are still rooted and I don't know what is going on. If you don't have it, then you just uninstall all things you added from the play store that are system files (optional. If younger like me a bit OCD them you should do it.) Then uninstall superuser and apex, and then reboot. Then root the kindle fire HD again. I suppose you know how to do that.

Please give me a thanks if I helped you, and if this doesn't work, I will see what else we can do.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app
    Reroot your kindle. Reset to factory defaults will leave some traces, and then you try to reroot it, you get a bricked kindle. just uninstall things manually, the super user application and leave the market on there, but uninstall apex. Then root it using binary tool and qemu. Root.

edit you have to uninstall super user and apex launcher and reboot the kindle. Then you territory it using said methods.

OK. I want you to installation bin4y method. You run the run me in that, and make sure adb driver is working. After. Binary method your kindle will be slow and sluggish. That's OK. Run the qemu root and follow instructiona, and you should be fine

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Ok im on my computer now, i will type better. Download the Bin4y Rooting mehtod here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460
    Then extract it, make sure adb is intalled by going to device manager and plug in kindel, make sure no yello or red exclamation points by Kindle fire or portable device. IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE LATEST JAVA
    THen run the "RunMe.bat" in the Bin4y root folder. Follow the instructions. After you are done with that, kindle will be slow and sluggish. PLug in again, and run Rootqemu method (the "bat" file" ) and follow instructions and if computer doesnt recognize the kindle after each reboot, unplug it and plug it back in. After qemu root done, check kindle for superuser app, and open your es file explorer. GO to settings, and root settings. Put a checkmark by EVERYTHING! and if a popup comes saying "Es file explorer root premission" something like that, click grant/allow. Then you are rooted!

Thanks if i helped.
    Did you ever disable OTA (Over The Air) Updates? When you rooted the first time were you running 7.2.1 or 7.2.2? The updates will remove root. To me, that's what it sounds like. Someone will have an answer.... in fact, if you are willing to invest $13, you should check out both links in my signature. They would provide a permanent solution to your issue.

Good Luck!
    Still nothing. When I ran the Bin4y is asked if I wanted to do a restore. While I was going wtf do I do now, it apparently timed out and did it anyway.

Once that was done I ran rootqemu and got the same error message: "Step 2 - Expoiting...
    /system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied"

I appreciate your help!

Do you have ADB drivers and Java the latest version installed? Any way, keep your KFHD unlocked when you are doing the "RunME" from Bin4y ROOT many android method. If you have ADB and Java installed, and your kindle is plugged in a USB 2.0 or 3.0 slot on your computer, you run Bin4y runme and watch for a popup on your kindle that says restore in the bottom left(i think). Press restore. Then after that is done its slow etc etc (in before post) if bin4y is done correctly qemu should run fine.