[ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Jul - 23] (m7ul/mako/manta/maguro/toro)

Search This thread

aaronrw

Nov 16, 2011
A TOWN!
Re: [ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Feb - 19] (mako/manta/maguro/toro)

Does HDMI out work with this ROM? I may be using this feature in a week so I'm curious.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: newellj79

chrishin

Mar 15, 2012
New York
Re: [ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Feb - 19] (mako/manta/maguro/toro)

The guy I just quoted... But I dunno if he used a custom kernel or not :confused: I did use custom kernels though, had reboots with both franco and matrix kernel, but maybe i should try with stock then.

no reboots with latest KTManta

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

iknight8

Sep 30, 2010
I am running AOKP 4.0.4 on my verizon galaxy nexus. What is the best way to flash this ROM? Is bluetooth working as it wasn't in 4.2.1?
This build comes with the GApps and Radio?

Last edited:

Vangelis13

I am running AOKP 4.0.4 on my verizon galaxy nexus. What is the best way to flash this ROM? Is bluetooth working as it wasn't in 4.2.1?

If you flash this rom on your verizon galaxy nexus you will have a very expensive dummy phone in your hands.

Please go to your phone specific thread.

dadonking

Jan 4, 2012
AW: [ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Feb - 19] (mako/manta/maguro/toro)

I was not happy with this rom, because the transient effect stuttered when starting the app drawer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Rodeojones

Aug 6, 2010
Bloomer, WI
This build comes with the GApps and Radio?

Make a backup.

Download the Toro ROM and Gapps from the OP (yes, you need to flash Gapps as they're not packaged in the ROM).

Because you're coming from an older version of AOKP your best bet is to do a complete wipe (data, cache, dalvik).

Flash ROM, then flash Gapps, reboot, and profit.

poussinou69

Sep 4, 2008
France
Last edited:

Agnes.m

Jan 5, 2013
Hong Kong
Just a silly question...
Can anyone explain what are PUB, bionic optimizations and krait optimizations?
These 3 things are really annoying me:eek:

JoeBananas_

Jan 10, 2011
AW: [ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Feb - 19] (mako/manta/maguro/toro)

Excellent ROM, but i had a random Reboot After playing shadowgun today with flickering screen afterwards and wallpaper changed to Stock wallpaper.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

pa.pn2

Just a silly question...
Can anyone explain what are PUB, bionic optimizations and krait optimizations?
These 3 things are really annoying me:eek:
PUB means Project Unicorn Butter and includes optimizations for the qualcom Krait cpu..but just for the nexus 4...to get a smoother feeling
the bionic stuff are inside optimizations while cooking the rom
correct me if im wrong guys...

Last edited:
Reactions: Agnes.m

drawde40599

Aug 11, 2010
Yeah, it really annoys me that every single AOKP ROM (4.2.2) Ive tried gives me reboots....
Been using this ROM since it became available never had a reboot , used it stock kernel for few days now on Franco all is good no issues at all ....
I did return to 100% stock 4.2.1, updated to 4.2.2 from google's OTA , then installed this ROM after FULL wipe .

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe

Great news folks - build 4

Build 4 is out, they're uploading the builds right now to main AOKP site one device at a time.... Will be our time soon, then we await bigxie to sync, build and add in the PUB magic....

http://aokp.co/release-jb-mr1-build-4/

So a fun few days ahead (fingers crossed)

Vangelis13

Great news folks - build 4

Build 4 is out, they're uploading the builds right now to main AOKP site one device at a time.... Will be our time soon, then we await bigxie to sync, build and add in the PUB magic....

http://aokp.co/release-jb-mr1-build-4/

So a fun few days ahead (fingers crossed)

Thanks for the heads up!

Feck it, I'll dirty flash it on top of this to try. ;)

xrabbitfootx

Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, it really annoys me that every single AOKP ROM (4.2.2) Ive tried gives me reboots....

pre-4.2.2 only gave me reboots when using google music on toro. never gave me reboots but would freeze then unfreeze on my nook tablet (unofficial port)

4.2.2 PUB has given me zero reboots for toro (stock kernel), but i get them daily on manta whether using stock, franco, or ktoonsez's. i don't mind, though it's odd since i don't play games and do less process intensive activities on my tablet (browse, read, and occasional youtube).

every rom has some issue which is the price i accept for bleeding edge features though, in my personal experience, the issues are more manageable when one sticks with one rom simply because one is better informed or a pattern emerges.

to each their own :)

Sent from my Nexus 10

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts