Groove IP Google Voice 3rd Party apps No longer accepted

Search This thread

nic9212

Apr 17, 2010
I am not sure if there was an forum about how google voice is no longer letting 3rd part apps work. I loved using my groove ip when I didn't have service at certain places I would go. Any suggestions? Groove Ip says port # to ring.to. Any one know how to port google voice to ring.to?
Thanks

fusiondynamics

Jul 16, 2011
I am not sure if there was an forum about how google voice is no longer letting 3rd part apps work. I loved using my groove ip when I didn't have service at certain places I would go. Any suggestions? Groove Ip says port # to ring.to. Any one know how to port google voice to ring.to?
Thanks

I was wondering the same thing but it seems like it still works for me.

id903

Aug 10, 2010
Mine obviously doesn't connect when I try to call a number. I'm wondering if you switch to ring.to, can you still use your GV credits to do international calls?

snovvman

Jun 6, 2008
When I saw this coming, I didn't update GV IP. I'm still on 1.4.8. I can still make calls through GV IP as of this writing. I wrote GV IP's dev and he said that, while GV IP can no longer use the API, Google has not yet removed the service. This is why it still works.

Who knows how long it will take Google to actually remove the service, so for now, I'll stick with 1.4.8.