[Q] How to verify Developers authenticity??

Search This thread

willymind

Jun 11, 2011
Please guide me regarding How to verify the identity of the Application Developer?
The case is, one of the developers have approached us and told us that he has developed one application and it is available on the Google Play market. I can see that application on the Google Play but whenever I click on the Developers name, no information is displayed neither it drives me to any website.
So, How can I verify that the person contacted us is the same who has developed the application? Is there any way to cross check the credentials with Google?
Please guide.

Mr.HB

May 31, 2014
play.google.com
Please guide me regarding How to verify the identity of the Application Developer?
The case is, one of the developers have approached us and told us that he has developed one application and it is available on the Google Play market. I can see that application on the Google Play but whenever I click on the Developers name, no information is displayed neither it drives me to any website.
So, How can I verify that the person contacted us is the same who has developed the application? Is there any way to cross check the credentials with Google?
Please guide.

It should have an email or the website should take you to the developers site. If not then he is trying to scam you plain and simple look for someone else.

Crichton333

Apr 19, 2014
twitter.com
Please guide.

Ask him to enter a email under "Email developer" under the Google Play page of the app to verify him, it takes 15 seconds to do that.