TWRP Unable to mount data... crap

Search This thread

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
So I just went into recovery (buck's twrp) to flash me some aosp, it worked fine but I forgot to get a gps lock in sense before I flashed so I went into recovery to restore a nandroid and I got the dreaded "unable to mount /data, and unable to mount internal storage. Tried reflashing buck's twrp in fastboot and no dice. I have the RUU downloading although I would hate to have to go through that. Any recommendations? I;m going to try flashing philz recovery right now

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
So I just went into recovery (buck's twrp) to flash me some aosp, it worked fine but I forgot to get a gps lock in sense before I flashed so I went into recovery to restore a nandroid and I got the dreaded "unable to mount /data, and unable to mount internal storage. Tried reflashing buck's twrp in fastboot and no dice. I have the RUU downloading although I would hate to have to go through that. Any recommendations? I;m going to try flashing philz recovery right now

Just plugged it into my pc to try to flash philz and a pop up came up saying that the file system is currupt. Ugh. I'm so p/o'd right now. Is RUU my only choice right now to repair this if any?

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013

In TWRP go to Wipe < Format Data and do that and it should fix your /data problem. Before doing that I recommend just using the advanced wipe and ticking /data /cache /boot & /system and then re-trying. Also afterwards a good ROM to start with would be Cyanogenmod, I've had the least number of problems with that than any other, especially when helping people with issues like this. I actually had someone who's only way of fixing his issue was flashing that.... odd I know but that is why I always recommend it after having this issue.

Edit: just seen you've did an RUU and your problem is still persisting, I still recommend doing the 'Format Data' option in TWRP, this is known (at least to me) to fix most if not all problems with mounting...

Last edited:

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
In TWRP go to Wipe < Format Data and do that and it should fix your /data problem. Before doing that I recommend just using the advanced wipe and ticking /data /cache /boot & /system and then re-trying. Also afterwards a good ROM to start with would be Cyanogenmod, I've had the least number of problems with that than any other, especially when helping people with issues like this. I actually had someone who's only way of fixing his issue was flashing that.... odd I know but that is why I always recommend it after having this issue.

Edit: just seen you've did an RUU and your problem is still persisting, I still recommend doing the 'Format Data' option in TWRP, this is known (at least to me) to fix most if not all problems with mounting...

Thanks a bunch dude, appreciate it. Restoring a nandroid now, had no issues with data yet. Phew. That was an exciting night

bill3508

May 23, 2011
Yep its a stressful problem when it happens.

Sent from my One M8 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.