[request] SMS bubble app in the froyo leaks

Search This thread

blackderbyhat

Sep 24, 2010
If anyone could upload their sms client that's running froyo that'd be cool. I liked the new look of it versus eclair, but i'm still using eclair for performance reasons.

Thanks.

Reactions: a454nova

m5james

Aug 27, 2010
I only ran Froyo for about an hour, and never tried the SMS app it came with. Is it really so much better than using Handcent?

Tortel1210

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
I believe the Vibrant has it, and it uses 2.1. Dont know about compatibility though. Worth trying though

m5james

Aug 27, 2010
Echo echo echo...I said the same thing in post 5. My biggest complaint is that I keep having issues in general w/ getting MMS texts. I've still got the stock Messaging app installed, so it can't be Handcent's fault....I hated dealing w/ this on my Moment, and now I'm still dealing w/ it on my Epic.

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
Echo echo echo...I said the same thing in post 5. My biggest complaint is that I keep having issues in general w/ getting MMS texts. I've still got the stock Messaging app installed, so it can't be Handcent's fault....I hated dealing w/ this on my Moment, and now I'm still dealing w/ it on my Epic.

I'm glad someone else has this issue, not to hijack this thread but I will say I had problems receiving texts as well and so I switched to handcent. This did nothing to fix the problem, so I assume it is in the way the system, either designed by Sprint or Samsung, handles mms messages. My experience has been overall patchiness, sometimes receiving texts, sometimes not. On multiple occassions, I have gotten texts that were around 3 hours late, which is a bit of a nuissance lol. Froyo has only partially fixed this, but it could be a multitude of problems. Could be Mms.apk, could be the phone, the network, the individual towers, the location in relation to the towers (I live inside some pretty thick walls, so signal is a bit spotty), or any number of other problems. I can live with it, it's just an example of poor quality. And based off of the fact that you are the only person I have ever come across with this issue, I don't think it is widespread.

Now, back to the bubble messaging app lol. There is some serious code difference between the 2.1 app an the 2.2 app, so porting is a bit out of the question. Maybe it would be possible to find a 2.1 bubble style messaging app, perhaps like the ones above for other SGS phones, and port it that way but it would still take a lot of work. Your best bet is handcent for now, it works very well and is regarded as the best stock mms app replacement, I have known other people who fully prefer it over stock. I'll keep looking around to see if I can get it working, but it is much easier to go from 2.1 to 2.2 rather than the other way around lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

m5james

Aug 27, 2010
I'm glad someone else has this issue, not to hijack this thread but I will say I had problems receiving texts as well and so I switched to handcent. This did nothing to fix the problem, so I assume it is in the way the system, either designed by Sprint or Samsung, handles mms messages. My experience has been overall patchiness, sometimes receiving texts, sometimes not. On multiple occassions, I have gotten texts that were around 3 hours late, which is a bit of a nuissance lol. Froyo has only partially fixed this, but it could be a multitude of problems. Could be Mms.apk, could be the phone, the network, the individual towers, the location in relation to the towers (I live inside some pretty thick walls, so signal is a bit spotty), or any number of other problems. I can live with it, it's just an example of poor quality. And based off of the fact that you are the only person I have ever come across with this issue, I don't think it is widespread.

It's more widespread than you think...Google "Epic not receiving MMS", I found countless threads on othere forums, phones, etc. There is a thread on here about it, but it's got nothing in regards to a solution. I don't blame the towers because I know for a fact that I haven't missed a single one on my Treo for the years that I've had it as a second line.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone could upload their sms client that's running froyo that'd be cool. I liked the new look of it versus eclair, but i'm still using eclair for performance reasons.

Thanks.