[ROM][PORT][SENSE 2.1] Nexus Sense 4G v1.4 | Full HTC Sense Experience | 4/1/12

Search This thread

tonso

Jun 8, 2012
well sorry to say, but he call out problem persists on the nexus s 4g w/ this rom. Out of 10 calls or so, 3-4 had the call out issue.

abdielmix13

Feb 13, 2012
Camcorder can be fixed by copying over etc/mediaprofiles.xml from cm7 and modifying build.prop where it says stagefright-enable-record from false to true.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Can you please upload that file? I don't have and can't download a cm7 build. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

tonso

Jun 8, 2012
Finally just bought an Evo 4g!! and very happy with it except...

it only has sense 1.0, not 2.1, and it is missing some features present in sense 2.1, but overall not much different, so very happy to finally get my EVO !

well sorry to say, but he call out problem persists on the nexus s 4g w/ this rom. Out of 10 calls or so, 3-4 had the call out issue.

dr.faramroze

Oct 28, 2009
Valsad/Mumbai
I have flashed this rom atleast a dozen times and I am very happy to do so. Another built based on this ROM is a must for sense lovers. There is nothing like sense ui available for this phone.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

While *#*#8778#*#* code doesnt work on this rom but I could not activate it OTA *228 on other roms that I did by this ROM.

malick186

Jan 16, 2013
Karachi
i know this is a Nexus S 4g section! :eek:
i had tried this ROM on my nexus s(i9023) everything works fine except the GSM network! is there a way to fix it???
i had tried Qube2 sense 4.0 also but its not stable and USB storage and WIFI dont work! :crying:
i had seen your rom Nexpresso 3G but unable to download from minus! :silly:
can u port this to Nexus S (GSM) i9023 (just a request) :angel:

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
i know this is a Nexus S 4g section! :eek:
i had tried this ROM on my nexus s(i9023) everything works fine except the GSM network! is there a way to fix it???
i had tried Qube2 sense 4.0 also but its not stable and USB storage and WIFI dont work! :crying:
i had seen your rom Nexpresso 3G but unable to download from minus! :silly:
can u port this to Nexus S (GSM) i9023 (just a request) :angel:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1490709

Reactions: malick186

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
I'm so tempted to flash back to this.
Fixed camcorder and shutdown hopefully (I don't have the device, but these fixes worked on my epic, so I don't see why they wouldn't work here)
Note: must have the ROM flashed to use this patch below.

If it works, let me know and I can put it in the full ROM.

Attachments

• nexussensepatch.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-= Nexus Sense 4G =-

-= SG =-

Google_Nexus_S_fronton_v_2_1.png

-= About the Rom =-

-Stock HTC Sense 2.1
    -Android 2.3.3
    -Main Features Fully Functioning
    -Rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, etc
    -Matr1x kernel v11.5 cfs
    -Voodoo options with kernel
    -Sony Bravia engine tweaks
    -GPS tweaks
    -init.d tweaks (sdcard speed, ram)
    -Misc Performance tweaks by me
    -Super speedy, Amazing Battery life

-= Working List =-

-Wifi
    -Data
    -SMS, Phone
    -Cameras ( Front and back )
    -Audio
    -MMS
    -Usb Mount
    -HTC Sense accounts
    -HTC Hub
    -Most things are working.

-= Not Working (known bugs) =-

-Bluetooth
    -Locations widget has problems downloading info
    -Power off is weird, fastboot does not work on Samsung devices.
    -Camcorder does not record (yet) but camera takes photos perfectly

-= Credits =-

-Huge thanks to Redwiz666 for fixing mms
    -Fergie716 for helping me with the lockscreen bug
    -Mathkid95 for teh awesome kernel
    -Creator of Nexus Sense bootanimation ( I have lost track of where this came from )
    -All of my beta testers putting up with my roms
    -HTC, I miss my evo3d so much I needed sense on my Sammy
    -All of Nexus S forum members, you make this stuff fun
    -My phone for living through millions of flashes and not bricking once :p

Changelog and Screenshots in second post, Addons will be in third post

Changelog, Screenshots

-= Changelog =-

Nexus Sense 4G v1.0 (2/9/12)
    -Initial Release, see OP for info

Nexus Sense 4G v1.3 (2/13/12)
    **You don't need to wipe, but if issues occur its your fault. I always recommend wiping before installing any rom**
    -Fixed lockscreen "no service" bug
    -Hopefully fixed call out microphone issue ( I tested about 20 calls, all worked )
    -Added support for huge amount of languages
    -Added stock gingerbread keyboard as input option
    -Added option to enable/disable screen on/off animation through settings > display
    -Some small build prop edits, increased vm heap to 72 for smoothness in apps (to test it out, reduce it if you feel like it.)
    -Added in some missing framework parts
    -Added files to allow for more mods in the future
    -The rom feels much faster and fluid than first release

Nexus Sense 4G v1.4 (4/1/12)

-vm heap dropped back to 48
    -Weather animation/video playback workaround (Download chainfire 3d, and use the qualcomm plugin)
    -Lag reduced
    -Some other stuff, had this done for about a month, forgot full changelog
    -= Screenshots =-

Home.jpgView attachment 895453View attachment 895454View attachment 895455gallery.jpgView attachment 895459View attachment 895460Lockscreen.jpgView attachment 895463INFO.jpg
    Keyboard.jpgMusic.jpgView attachment 895467Personalize.jpgphone.jpgView attachment 895470Scenes.jpgSettings.jpgSkins.jpgCamera.jpg
    Addons

**All mods will be compatible with gsm nexus sense also, unless stated for 4g only**

-= Sense 3.0 Lockscreen =-​
    sense_3_lock.png
    music.png
    messages.png

Im going to get bashed for this, but oh well.
    Great job getting this ROM to practically 100%, but I wanted to say, instead of coming out with several incomplete ports and stressing yourself, just work on one until it's stable.

I dont stress myself, I do all this porting as fun ;) nobody else is doing these kinda ports, and I dont plan on having the nexus for forever, so why not get as much work out as possible? I honestly dont care how working they are, I do my porting for myself because I like to mess with phones. Me sharing a bunch of almost functional roms is better than having none at all :)

Next time you look at my half functional ports and wonder why I release them, just look down at your nexus and think about how boring it would be if all you could flash was aosp. Having variety is awesome, I would die if all I had was aosp. These are just phones.

My roms are kinda like hackintosh on pc. If you want the real thing, you go buy a mac. Hackintosh is there just because. No real point. Not everything works. You install it because you can. You dont have to flash my roms, they are here for those times when you want to break outside the aosp barrier, or show your friends sense on your nexus just because you can ;)
    Quit whining!

When he feels like it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App