Has anyone went back to 4.2.2?

Search This thread

Enter The Nexus

Oct 28, 2012
Trapped at UCLA
Have any of you went back to the superior 4.2.2. update on their G2? Battery is abysmal on 4.4.2., and it's lacking what we really wanted (Knock Code and what not). Who else is following suite?

dockmaster

Dec 15, 2011
I never left, for just this reason....my battery llife is the bomb and my Knock on works perfect, as well as everything else. I'm running Gravity Box, and I really dont see any need of that either since I cant get the tiles function to work to get rid of the QuickSettings....

VZW 980 12b

Last edited:

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
U guys are nuts. Cloudy g3 is best rom available. In conjunction. With dorimanx 7.1. Holy cow battery is sick.

Sent from my CLOUDY G2

Rodeojones

Aug 6, 2010
Bloomer, WI
Never once considered going back. I don't care one bit for knock code and my battery life is actually better than when I was on 4.2.2.

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
I've been on 4.2.2 for a couple days now. My battery life is better, but not as good as it used to be for some reason. There isn't anything new (besides the ability to use wallet) in the KK build for me.
Finding roms and kernels and what not can be a little challenging. It took some time to find the 4.2 dorimanx kernel buried on dori's site. Some files may be missing altogether from other devs.
Still, give it a shot. There's still plenty 4.2 rom files around.

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
On the latest malladus jb ROM now and its fantastic! After 8 hours of really no use except a 10 minute call and a few texts was still at 90% battery. She's sleeping like a baby.[emoji13]