|BOOT & DOWN Animation| HTC Black

Search This thread

ayoub

Jan 2, 2009
Berlin
It all depends on the ROM.
That's the reason why I don't make flashible zip
Different developers, different systems :)

yeah you are right. I dont use flashable zips for animations as well, because it is enough to copy them to the right folder.

On my ICS 403 Rom is the bootanimation in data/local and the downanimation in system/customize/resourse

On my last GB 2.3.5 i had to put all animations in system/customize/resource

so we just have to check where the animations are and replace them...

swift2fly

Aug 9, 2011
CM7 down animation location

anyone know if it's possible to have downanimation for CM7 based roms? I tried putting it under the same folder as the bootanimation with the correct permissions but it doesn't work. Let me know. Thanks.

mexxxico

Jun 10, 2010
anyone know if it's possible to have downanimation for CM7 based roms? I tried putting it under the same folder as the bootanimation with the correct permissions but it doesn't work. Let me know. Thanks.

As far as I know, only sense rom has support for downanimation.
If I'm wrong, let me know.

xdaco

Jun 26, 2011
Kolkata
www.musarraf.com

I have no experience with CM7 on sensation. But see if the file "/system/customize/CID/default.xml" exists. if it exists then you can enable the down animation by adding a downanimation tag in that file as follows.

<ShutdownConfiguration>
<ShutdownAnimation image_png="your-zip-location/downanimation.zip" image="" fps="your-frame-rate-in-number" />
</ShutdownConfiguration>

Example:

<ShutdownConfiguration>
<ShutdownAnimation image_png="/system/customize/resource/downanimation.zip" image="" fps="15" />
</ShutdownConfiguration>

Reactions: mexxxico

swift2fly

Aug 9, 2011
thanks for the help. just found out that CM7 does not support down animation.

Sent from the Penh.

Harbir

Sep 24, 2011
Delhi
need help

Hey man I am not able to set up down animation I have set up boot animation only

crayon16

Apr 21, 2012
Manila
The first thing I wanted to do after I root my HTC Sensation was to change the boot animation from 'screaming' white to black.

So for those who want the original, but black HTC boot animation they are free to take it from here :)

As you wish, thread updated with matching downanimation :)

P.S. 1
Adding the original boot animation & down, if someone needed ;)

P.S. 2
Added splash_screen (splash.img)
Flash it with adb.
(adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash splash1 splash.img)

Could you please give us a guide(step by step procedure) for those user like me who is not familiar with flashing the splash, down or boot animation??
Additional question what is ADB? is it a .apk file or what?

mexxxico

Jun 10, 2010
Could you please give us a guide(step by step procedure) for those user like me who is not familiar with flashing the splash, down or boot animation??
Additional question what is ADB? is it a .apk file or what?

ADB is a part of android SDK like a fastboot.
Fastboot is protocol used to update the flash filesystem in Android devices from a host over USB.

Look at this for more info and download and this for fastboot options.

Last edited:
Reactions: crayon16

crayon16

Apr 21, 2012
Manila
May i request, if you can make an original HTC splash image but black background(inverted).
And additional slide for this boot animation:
bootup_htc_one_00060.png

could you please add the beats logo animation after the HTC sensation slides. thanks! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The first thing I wanted to do after I root my HTC Sensation was to change the boot animation from 'screaming' white to black.

So for those who want the original, but black HTC boot animation they are free to take it from here :)

P.S. 1
    Adding the original boot animation & down, if someone needed ;)

P.S. 2
    Added splash_screen (splash.img)
    Flash it with adb.
    (adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash splash1 splash.img)
    Thanks a lot for this thread-- the blinding white HTC screen was getting on my nerves too :]

I've gone ahead and repackaged one of the bootanimation frames into a splash image, just in case anyone else wanted that instead of the sassy Android guy. (God damn it he's so sassy.)
    I cant make this. I do everything and no way. I have on my phone white bootanimation and beat animation. I try to repacked to put black bootanimation and beats and than it is only black.

take the attached bootanimation.zip and copy it to where your current bootanimation is located.

this should be what you are looking for.
    Any chance you're gonna do a downanimation.zip to match? That'd be pretty sweet!

Hello,
    simple way to instal, go with Rootexplorer in
    System/media an overright the bootanimation....

There is no bootanimation there

EDIT: Just found this thread. Got the splash screen and boot animation blacked out now! I like it much better that way.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193937