[MODEMS][CM7/MIUI/ICS]Nexus S Radios KB3, KF1, and KJ1 for Galaxy S

Search This thread

jelle2503

Mar 12, 2011
Does not work on Vodafone NL. I am able to find other carriers but not my own.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9000 met Tapatalk

CheekyLord

Jul 15, 2011
Cologne, DE
@ Chris_84

The zip archives from perka are 'only copied' Archivs. (maybe something goes wrong during copy the new modem.bin into a existing, signed zip)

since i use another zip-archiv (from xda) wich contains the/a kf1-modem.bin too, anything runs fine. :)

SentFrom XDA ForumApp by ICS SGS-I9K

kblo

Oct 28, 2010
Same problem in Finland

Kf1 worked great first call was fine after that i hear no ring tone and cant hear anyone Kb3 did the exact same im on slim 3,3 in the uk on 3 network went back to jw4

This is happening to me as well using kb3 here in Finland, its been working perfect until yesterday morning when the second call I made I could not hear anything nor the other part either. Only change I have made in my phone few days ago was to install the kernel Devil2_0.67_i9000_CFS_BLN_VC_XL_bm_20120413, but that was already 4 years ago and the problem with the calls only appeared yesterday... I re-installed the radios, and same thing: first call worked fine, second call was mute.

Kinda weird that this issue is being repro in other countries as well and during the same time?! (even if not for everyone)

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Kf1 worked great first call was fine after that i hear no ring tone and cant hear anyone Kb3 did the exact same im on slim 3,3 in the uk on 3 network went back to jw4

This is happening to me as well using kb3 here in Finland, its been working perfect until yesterday morning when the second call I made I could not hear anything nor the other part either. Only change I have made in my phone few days ago was to install the kernel Devil2_0.67_i9000_CFS_BLN_VC_XL_bm_20120413, but that was already 4 years ago and the problem with the calls only appeared yesterday... I re-installed the radios, and same thing: first call worked fine, second call was mute.

Kinda weird that this issue is being repro in other countries as well and during the same time?! (even if not for everyone)

"4 DAYS ago" :)

xlr8me

Apr 19, 2010
**Read below..
KF3 faster for me on optus network in Sydney.
Holds 2G reception better than KF1.

KF1 seemed to cap speeds.
I have also found KF1 had treble based call clarity. The KF3 has now sounded more like my old JVT radio which I prefer.

EDIT 1: Found I can't get 3G connection anymore I enabled 2G only and now can;t get back into auto mode locked to 2G.
Ok seems like KF1 is the go for me. Might try XXJVU. Anyone got a link to this radio?
Here they are:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1158783&highlight=cm7+modem

EDIT 2: Just put XXJVU on it. Much more smoother and voice call quality is nice and smooth. 3G and 2G now all work.

So I guess it's between JVU and KF1. Not sure which is the better seems both are good.

Last edited:

tanivula

Oct 13, 2010
I've had a great experience with XXKI1 here in nz. With 2degrees I can't seem to find the gsm network (with any of the nexus modems this had been the case) but this gives me the best speeds plus the hsdpa to umts auto switching.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

xlr8me

Apr 19, 2010
Just want to update that XXJVU is much better for me. Had it on now since overnight and this morning and reception is outstanding. Goes to 2G when it should and doesn't hold 3G with only 1 bar.

XXJVU modem radio is sweet.
I am curious though does the KF1 also have the 2G bug when you enable 2G only and then go back to 2G/3G auto does it stay stuck on 2G?

Last edited:

Roots

Oct 8, 2011
United Kingdom
I HAVE SAMSUNG GALAXY S i9000
can someone help me direct me to correct modems download link..
(OP post > do we use original or samsung variant link.??)

Original Nexus S Radio Link
I9020a KF1 Radio<----What I use
Mirror KF1
I9020a KB3 Radio
Mirror KB3

So click first original or second i9020a..??

Roots

Oct 8, 2011
United Kingdom
I tried KB3 and i noticed a vast improvement compared to xxjvu..
So i was using these modems for a day or two.. Then all of a sudden the modems disrupted my phone app.. When making/receiving calls i could never hear person & vice versa.. The problem stayed (calls only connect but no sound)..
Flashed back to xxjvu..!!

Any help tips solutions will be much appreciated..!!

Moudii

Aug 11, 2010
Funny thing I noticed was that with kf1, my signal status was showing 3g, H etc. With JVU and other "normal" modems I only see two arrows inside my signal bars. Data speed was awsome on kf1, but the call qualiy was terrible, shame :(

simsekm

Aug 18, 2009
So i was using these modems for a day or two.. Then all of a sudden the modems disrupted my phone app.. When making/receiving calls i could never hear person & vice versa.. The problem stayed (calls only connect but no sound)..

+1 . I think problem is these modems are only form CM7 or for MIUI. They don't work right with other ICS roms...

kraksen

Nov 4, 2010

Having the same problem, searched around for a solution, but found none.

Any solution/update on this ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TESTED ON i897 Captivate MTD ROMS (Should work on Galaxy S/Vibrant MTD ROMS as well, let me know if it doesn't)

WOOT FRONT PAGE! http://www.xda-developers.com/android/samsung-galaxy-s-may-benefit-from-nexus-s-radio/
    Alright, I just discovered something awesome.

So I found out that the Nexus S radios are indeed compatible with our device. I downloaded some of the hot radios for the Nexus S (KB3 and KF1) and opened them up and found that the Nexus S uses radios (similar to how the captivate/galaxy s uses modems). So I just renamed the radio.img from the Nexus S radios to modem.bin, placed it in an existing cm7 modem package and flashed it via CWM (ICS).

I reboot and get a constant 5 bars of signal. My signal hasn't dropped from this 5 bars of signal in the last 10 hours (usually it fluctuates from 5 to 3 bars). HSDPA speeds are pretty fast as well. I got speeds of 560 kb/s DL at 3 bars of signal and 140 kb/s Upload (see screenie). I've never ever gotten that high speeds.

Moreover, the call quality is just amazing. When I used it, the quality is crisp and nice, almost perfect. It seems as if the voice is exemplified over the background crap so that you can actually hear the person. Idk, it was a magical experience for me :p.

Screenie:
    s0IbX1MV

The second row on that picture was the speeds I was getting with KF1 (Nexus S). Moreover, I noticed something interesting; that when I wasn't actually downloading or using data, the data indicator switched to "3G". However, when I started using my data, it automatically switched to "H". Something I thought was kinda cool.
    Service Mode: *#*#197328640#*#*

Anyways, here are the download links for the modems (already packaged with the nexus s radios of course). Just flash in CWM with a CM7, MIUI, or ICS Rom and you should be good to go. IMPORTANT: DONT FLASH THIS WHILE PLUGGED IN. YOU WILL NOT GET SIGNAL.

IMPORTANT: Also, to avoid problems while flashing the KB3 modem, flash the KF1 modem FIRST, and then flash the KB3 after a reboot in between

Original Nexus S Radio Link

I9020a KF1 Radio<----What I use
    Mirror KF1

I9020 KB3 Radio
    Mirror KB3

I9020a UCKJ1 Radio
    Does any body have direct link for XXJW4 Modem Only

try this one
    Does it affect battery life?

Yeah, it should, in a positive way.
    The better the signal, the better the battery life :).

I get pretty god signal with KF1. Will test KB3 in the next days.

Can i add this modems to my collection? I could make more :).

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
    What sort of results are people getting in the UK? I'm currently on JVR which works well for me, so don't see a need to change unless the results are noticeable.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
    not worth to goto these modems. i'm in the uk also and have reverted to the following and it's fantastic.

flash it 2 times to be sure....and you will see great reception.....i got t-mobile and getting great reception at my workplace which i struggled to get any signa...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21102115&postcount=626

seriously people need to stop assuming that just because they have problem with one modem doesn't mean everyone else gonna have same problems. You are forgetting that provider also an major player when it comes to modems. For an example someone from Melbourne, Australia posted in this thread that he get good reception with KB3 while I can not get any signal at all with KB3 in same location but with different provider (see the post above me you see what i'm talking about).. for me KF1 saving hell of a battery for me with good reception
    it takes less than 30sec to flash one of these. And 1min to download for most of you.. And you are here spending more than 5min asking the question and checking the reply. Best answer for this question would be just give it a try ;)