Having issues with i747, need assistance.

Search This thread

johnnyrichter

Jul 4, 2012
Missouri
Just picked up a new-ish i747 from my brother because he grabbed the latest note. He did a factory reset on it and it kept getting stuck at the white ATT screen. I figured no big deal I'll just take it home and root/rom it.

Well following this guide...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1739426

...I get the following error when trying to use odin.

Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> root66_ATT_I747UCDLK3.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Why is this thing not flashing, and why did a factory reset cause this thing to get stuck at the white ATT screen?

FWIW I plan to root/unlock this thing so I can use my tmobile straight talk sim in it. Just can't get it to cooperate for some reason.

RJQXCV

Mar 4, 2013
Hi.

Make sure you're using an official Samsung cable.

Go back into recovery and be sure to format /cache and /data too.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

Jul 4, 2012
Missouri
Hi.

I was using the OEM cable and that didn't help.

Eventually I was able to get the phone to boot normally. I then rebooted in to download mode and tried the CF auto root method here...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1963790

...which appears to have worked.

Now since I want to use my straighttalk tmobile sim in this device I'm guessing I have to unlock it. How do I go about doing that on 4.3?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You will have to get an unlock code for your phone. With the 4.3 bootloader, you cannot downgrade to the stock 4.1.1 ROM that's required to use the free unlock method.

RJQXCV

Mar 4, 2013
You can't do it the same way you would in 4.1.1 with the dialpad. If you can downgrade to that you can unlock it for free.

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
Is there an easy/safe way to downgrade? I'm going to be throwing a rom on here when I'm done anyway.

DO NOT attempt to downgrade to an earlier version of stock ROM with ODIN or you will brick. See if your brother can work with you to get the unlock code from AT&T. This will be the safest way to SIM unlock. Do not install any custom ROM until this is done

Sent from my awesome phone.

johnnyrichter

Jul 4, 2012
Missouri
DO NOT attempt to downgrade to an earlier version of stock ROM with ODIN or you will brick. See if your brother can work with you to get the unlock code from AT&T. This will be the safest way to SIM unlock. Do not install any custom ROM until this is done

Sent from my awesome phone.

He is on his way over with a microSIM so I can cut my straighttalk tmobile sim down. I'll have him call ATT while he's here.

Will report back once done.

johnnyrichter

Jul 4, 2012
Missouri
He is on his way over with a microSIM so I can cut my straighttalk tmobile sim down. I'll have him call ATT while he's here.

Will report back once done.

ATT is refusing to give him the unlock code. They're telling him to submit an online request which takes an unknown amount of time to complete IF it's approved. They said giving him the code over the phone is against some new policy.

4b3ck

Nov 17, 2013
ATT is refusing to give him the unlock code. They're telling him to submit an online request which takes an unknown amount of time to complete IF it's approved. They said giving him the code over the phone is against some new policy.

If the phone out of contract already, your brother can submit request for unlock, I did twice for (2)iphone and withing week or two get unlock.

johnnyrichter

Jul 4, 2012
Missouri
If the phone out of contract already, your brother can submit request for unlock, I did twice for (2)iphone and withing week or two get unlock.

I'm trying to get this done tonight. I have work at 530am and already cut up my sim card which I now wish I wouldn't have done until I found out how retarded ATT is about unlock codes.

johnnyrichter

Jul 4, 2012
Missouri
Went ahead and gave cellunlocker a try, fully convinced that I was about to lose 30 bucks, and it actually worked. Using rom manager to flash the latest CWM so I can flash AoCP kitkat.

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
I'm trying to get this done tonight. I have work at 530am and already cut up my sim card which I now wish I wouldn't have done until I found out how retarded ATT is about unlock codes.

The straight talk sim should work without an unlock code. Provided you have an AT&T compatible sim card that they recently started using again. My phone is an AT&T locked s3 using a Net10 sim. Put it in and then go to the APN Settings, insert your settings, reboot and enjoy. Tracfone, straight talk and Net10 are all 3 one in the same company, I assume since that's how it works on Net10 it will work that way for you.

Although I don't know for a fact that you shouldn't have to be unlocked someone else who does run straight talk could maybe post up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running S3Rx MJ2 bootloader MJB modem and it is smooth

johnnyrichter

Jul 4, 2012
Missouri
It's the tmobile sim from straight talk so I needed the unlock which is done already.

Now I'm trying to get stuff to install. I installed rom manager but it won't flash CWM, it just sits on "flashing." I also can't get supersu or superuser to work. I think it has something to do with knox, and/or the method I used to root this thing last night.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.