Found a Dead pixel on N5. Just sent it back to LG for repair/replacement

Search This thread

iammrhappy123

Apr 29, 2014
I bought a used N5 for 200 bucks on craigslist 2 week ago. worked well.

2 days ago, I found a dead pixel on the center of the screen.

Tested it with a Dead pixel test app. Still there.

Said screw it and sent it back to LG for repair or replacement.

Questions for those who know about what LG does with Repairs/Replacements under warranty

1. Are dead pixels covered on the LG warranty?

2. Will they replace the whole unit or will they just replace the digitizer and the lcd screen?

3. How long did it take for the whole process to be complete: them deciding what the problem is when they get the unit to when I get it back at my door step.

Thanks in advanced.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
1. Yes, dead pixels are covered under warranty.

2. They will only replace the lcd and digitizer.

3. In India, you have to take the device to the service centre and if they have a lcd in Stock, they replace it on the spot and give you back. If they don't have it in Stock, be ready for a long wait..

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

iammrhappy123

Apr 29, 2014
1. Yes, dead pixels are covered under warranty.

2. They will only replace the lcd and digitizer.

3. In India, you have to take the device to the service centre and if they have a lcd in Stock, they replace it on the spot and give you back. If they don't have it in Stock, be ready for a long wait..

Thanks for the reply!

I just sent it today to a repair center in the US. Hopefully they have supplies for the LCD and digitizer.

The phone was in good condition. The LCD screen had an area of wear where the previous owner did a lot of gaming I believe, so that kind of got in the way of me dragging icons around and scrolling through screens.

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
Is warranty transferable if you're not the original owner?

I bought my N5 used, but the seller gave me the original purchase receipt in the box.

iammrhappy123

Apr 29, 2014
If it's covered under LG, you only need the original invoice as proof... Nothing else.

I talked with LG and they said that it would be nice to have an invoice. I told them I didn't have it. They said it's ok.

I believe it's because of two reasons:

1. The phone was bought via Sprint not google play - US bought. They dont cover warranty for non US Phones

2. The Nexus 5 just came out in November, so LG covers a one year warranty for phones.

I hope they fix my device.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
I talked with LG and they said that it would be nice to have an invoice. I told them I didn't have it. They said it's ok.

I believe it's because of two reasons:

1. The phone was bought via Sprint not google play - US bought. They dont cover warranty for non US Phones

2. The Nexus 5 just came out in November, so LG covers a one year warranty for phones.

I hope they fix my device.

Obviously they don't cover warranty for non us phones. My reply was for the other guy who asked a doubt and not to you.

If you have lost the invoice , then they check the date of manufacture of that device (401/402..etc) and provide warranty for 1 year from that date!

Yes, they will fix your device! Be positive m8 :)

SoahmZ

Apr 28, 2013
Vancouver
samueloh.me
Gee

I feel you there. I'm live in Canada, and my Nexus 5 also had a dead pixel. I RMA'd it and the new unit that received also had a dead pixel. RMA'd that again, and guess what? The one they sent me next had 2 dead pixels. I am actually on my 5th Nexus 5 right now, which also happens to have a dead pixel, and Google says that a full refund is an option at this point, as I've been very unlucky with this. Doing one more RMA hoping that I can finally get a good quality screen :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is warranty transferable if you're not the original owner?

I bought my N5 used, but the seller gave me the original purchase receipt in the box.

If it's covered under LG, you only need the original invoice as proof... Nothing else.