Improve the sound Tf300t

Search This thread
Jul 28, 2014
Hello there!

This is my first post on xda. The reason I started this thread is because I am quite disappointed with the sound volume of the Tf300t. Is there a mod or something that could significantly boost the volume. I have to mention that I used several apps that claimed to improve the sound volume but I am not satisfied. I learned that samsung users could easily do that by editing the file default_gain.conf. Unfortunately, there isn't such a file in the etc folder of the tf300. Is there a similar file inside the tf300t that so that we could edit the sound volume levels?
I also want to know if the poor sound volume level is because of the European Sound Limitations that I am aware of.
I am asking this because managed to boost the volume levels on my Sony MP4 player by accessing the service menu and now the sound blows my mind. I know theese are completely different devices but how can I achieve the same volume level?

Thanks!

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
Do a search for viper4a on google best sound mod. Read alot about it how to install and use the irs files. This will boost sound and you can tweak it to your ultimate liking. Also when you get to know how to use it do a search for irs files there are some really good ones here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2765331

Jul 28, 2014
Do a search for viper4a on google best sound mod. Read alot about it how to install and use the irs files. This will boost sound and you can tweak it to your ultimate liking. Also when you get to know how to use it do a search for irs files there are some really good ones here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2765331

Thank you for your reply. I installed Viper4Android FX. I did notice some improvement but it's still not mind blowing. I have one more question though: will this app drain the battery faster than an normal FX?

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
No battery is good. Used to when they first came out. Did you set it up for expert so you could adjust everything. You can adjust output gain and you have to go through they its files to find one that sounds the best for you. At the menu make sure it is installed as expert. I think that's what it says.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I ment to say go through irs files to get the sound you want. Damn auto correct.