Mirrors climbing on deep hardware understanding (keys)

Search This thread

virtualflyer

Mar 16, 2011
Let's start from the beginning. I got my DZ in august and the keyboard started in october to not write keys like k and j one time on many... the problem got worse (at first it was just one key) and I sent it to assistance, got it back with a new keyboard. Now the volume up key is broken, it doesn't do anything.
May I found something to tell HTC that the problem may be relate to the other to get a replacement?? I don't want to send my phone back to HTC every four-five months...
They said they couldn't cause I sent the phone for the first time more than a year ago... then I got them to understand that it wasn't possible cause I have had the phone for less than a year. Then they explained something in an italian that was worse than my russian, very bad...
Can someone help me? is there some connections between all hard keys? If I can show them that I understand how phone works they may take me more seriously... Unluckily it isn't like in the US where they give you a sensation...

Reactions: sino8r

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
The volume up and down are built into the harddrive. The keyboard keys are conected to the hard drive via flex cable. They more than likley are separate issues

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
If you have a one year warranty and your phone is less than a year old and it dosent fully work you shouldn't have any issues sending it in. Maybe warranty means something different where you live but if my volume key didn't work I would be able to get a replacement

virtualflyer

Mar 16, 2011
If you have a one year warranty and your phone is less than a year old and it dosent fully work you shouldn't have any issues sending it in. Maybe warranty means something different where you live but if my volume key didn't work I would be able to get a replacement

Hey, it's Italy!! Here we've two years warranty, but no replacement, just repair... Everytime this phone breaks I have to send it away for a week, and if I could have a replacement I'd prefer... Not so funny to have to unroot e reroot every time... And my DZ has many scratches...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

virtualflyer

Mar 16, 2011
Whoa! The terrible translation made my day! Mirrors climbing on deep hardware understanding lol! No offense to the OP at all. This was too funny! There was another one by a Chinese member the other day that was even better: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1607345 Google's translator needs some serious work!

Nono yeah, as a matter of fact I translated it by myself, I thought that mirror climbing was an english espression too. Here in Italy means trying to find reasons to support something when you know it's very difficult or even impossible, like mirrors climbing. The second part meant that my reasons had to be related to hardware, so I needed someone skilled enought to be able to find a connection between volume and keyboard, should have been deep understanding of hardware, but I'd modified the title so it was wrogn at the end...
Sorry :D

Ps I'm sure I've read 'mirror climbing' in english somewhere

Edit: checked and it's used in Italian also with these English words, so I've seen it on an Italian site written in English... You should thank me now if you come to Italy, you'll be able to use a new sentence :D

Last edited:

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Nono yeah, as a matter of fact I translated it by myself, I thought that mirror climbing was an english espression too. Here in Italy means trying to find reasons to support something when you know it's very difficult or even impossible, like mirrors climbing. The second part meant that my reasons had to be related to hardware, so I needed someone skilled enought to be able to find a connection between volume and keyboard, should have been deep understanding of hardware, but I'd modified the title so it was wrogn at the end...
Sorry :D

Ps I'm sure I've read 'mirror climbing' in english somewhere

Edit: checked and it's used in Italian also with these English words, so I've seen it on an Italian site written in English... You should thank me now if you come to Italy, you'll be able to use a new sentence :D

Whoops! I thought it was a bad Google translation again ;) Mirrors climbing sounds poetic really. It definitely caught my attention. Good to know though. Makes sense... Like climbing on a slippery surface. It may be an English saying also but I've never heard it. Thanks for the laugh and the information! ;)

virtualflyer

Mar 16, 2011
Packed it and going to send it to HTC saying it has had two times hw buttons related problems in less than six months...
let's cross the fingers... (this I know for sure is said also in english! :D)

Reactions: demkantor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's start from the beginning. I got my DZ in august and the keyboard started in october to not write keys like k and j one time on many... the problem got worse (at first it was just one key) and I sent it to assistance, got it back with a new keyboard. Now the volume up key is broken, it doesn't do anything.
    May I found something to tell HTC that the problem may be relate to the other to get a replacement?? I don't want to send my phone back to HTC every four-five months...
    They said they couldn't cause I sent the phone for the first time more than a year ago... then I got them to understand that it wasn't possible cause I have had the phone for less than a year. Then they explained something in an italian that was worse than my russian, very bad...
    Can someone help me? is there some connections between all hard keys? If I can show them that I understand how phone works they may take me more seriously... Unluckily it isn't like in the US where they give you a sensation...
    Packed it and going to send it to HTC saying it has had two times hw buttons related problems in less than six months...
    let's cross the fingers... (this I know for sure is said also in english! :D)