[Q] Using OTG cable and Media Importer with Nexus 7 2 (2013)

Search This thread

vcbacon@hotmail.com

May 26, 2011
My new Nexus 7 (2013) is due to arrive soon.
I have an OTG cable and Nexus Media Importer software from the Nexus 7 (2012).

Will this software and OTG cable work with the new Nexus 7 too?

boblopes

Aug 17, 2013
new nexus 7 nexus media importer problem

Connection between new nexus 7 & media importer via otg cable with usb, microsd, & sd card connections. Of the three possible connections only pictures works. Usb and music via micro sd do not work. Is this a problem with either the operating system or/& media importer? Any help would be appreciated.

slayer69

Jul 3, 2009
San Diego, CA.
What do you do - plug them together?

The software will launch when you plug in the OTG cable with a SD card reader and card inside.

2013-08-16%2021.03.56.jpg

morgang321

Aug 17, 2013
Card reader straight to HDD

Looks like taking pictures off a CF card straight to the device will be no problem. What do you guys think about plugging in a powered USB hub to the OTG cable, with both a Fat32 formatted 1tb HDD and the CF card? Using Nexus Media Importer would I be able to transfer from the card straight to the HDD or would I have to drop them on the device first? I have all the pieces ordered just waiting on shipping. So far I can view/edit raw images(Basic edits) using RAWvision. Looking to be the perfect photographers travel device.

morgang321

Aug 17, 2013
Looks like taking pictures off a CF card straight to the device will be no problem. What do you guys think about plugging in a powered USB hub to the OTG cable, with both a Fat32 formatted 1tb HDD and the CF card? Using Nexus Media Importer would I be able to transfer from the card straight to the HDD or would I have to drop them on the device first? I have all the pieces ordered just waiting on shipping. So far I can view/edit raw images(Basic edits) using RAWvision. Looking to be the perfect photographers travel device.

I received the OTG cable early and it works great. Surprisingly my 500gb Seagate GoFlex NTFS reads without external power! I am going to reformat it to FAT32 today and see if I can write no problem. CF card reader works too, read/write. Will post how powered USB hub works when it arrives.

friend1

Jun 29, 2011
I'm happy with Nexus Media Importer but it has one major bug for those who are using external .srt subtitle files:

When I play video file i.e. .mkv with external subtitle file .srt , it DOES NOT loading the external .srt.
I have tried with major video players such as mxplayer, vplayer , etc

I'm sure that the issue comes form Nexus Media Importer app because at my other tablet (Ainol 9) the same video file , through the same usb stick, the same OTG cable, with the same video player's settings, it loads the external .srt file just fine!

The Nexus Media Importer cut the external .srt file :(

aritro88

May 29, 2012
can we just "read" the data from the external drive or we can also "write" data to and from the tablet onto the external drive?

tennessee_titan

Aug 14, 2011
I just got mine. Works perfectly for getting new ROM/zip files onto the device for flashing. Very versatile. no problems at all. I have tried it for files and music.

Top Liked Posts