Have I bricked it?

Search This thread

Henkdrenth

Mar 8, 2011
Nieuwediep
www.drentschehoeve.nl
Hello,

I think I messed up trying to root my device.
Now I only have a flashing logo and I don't have the proper files anymore to re-install my firmware.
I still can get into recovery, so I just need the correct kernel and AOS files.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Hello,

Now I only have a flashing logo and I don't have the proper files anymore to re-install my firmware.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Download the stock .aos file from the archos site, and select "Update Firmware". Plug into your PC and copy the .aos file to that drive that appears. Select OK on the device. Wait and then select reboot. Now you can attempt root again, making sure that the file is called the correct name, and you are not following my method on a 250gb version or the 250gb root on a flash version

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using xda premium

Reactions: Henkdrenth

Henkdrenth

Mar 8, 2011
Nieuwediep
www.drentschehoeve.nl
Thanks, I did that, but I'm getting error 206, so the firmware does not install.
I think it has to do with the proper kernel version I'm using, that's why I asked also for those files.

Last edited:

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
You sure you're on G9 and downloaded G9 firmware? :p

Pretty sure the needed kernel is in the aos file

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk

Henkdrenth

Mar 8, 2011
Nieuwediep
www.drentschehoeve.nl
Well, solved it by accident I think.
I did a full erase of all partitions and tried to re-install the firmware and guess what - it worked :D

Oh man, am I a happy fellow again :p

Now back to the rooting business...:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Download the stock .aos file from the archos site, and select "Update Firmware". Plug into your PC and copy the .aos file to that drive that appears. Select OK on the device. Wait and then select reboot. Now you can attempt root again, making sure that the file is called the correct name, and you are not following my method on a 250gb version or the 250gb root on a flash version

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using xda premium