Damn Best Buy, you got me again!

Search This thread

madeSICC

Sep 19, 2010
Walked into best buy yesterday to buy a new washer and dryer. After that was all said and done I walked over to the mobile section wanting to get a look at the new Galaxy Note. Well 30 minutes later I walked out with a new ATT contract and a Note.
I still am under contract with sprint for another month but the reception in my area was just slowly getting worse and worse. AT&T has great coverage here so I figured I would give them a try. The only thing I will miss with sprint is unlimited data. But I rarely ever used more then 2gigs anyways.

The note on the other hand is a pretty awesome device, for a heavy texter it's a dream. And the screen is freaking beautiful. Battery life is amazing as well. Been unplugged for 12 hours and still 30%.

But when compared to the Photon it does feel inferior. As many of you probably agree, the Photon is a amazingly built device, inside and out. The note does feel like a step down, so I'mnot sure if I will stay with the note but I will be sticking with AT&T.

Anybody interested in buying a Photon?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

KSmithInNY

Mar 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
This blows! Cool to play with washer, but what happens when load is done? Do you send IP to wife/girlfriend to put in dryer?

Let's take lazy to the next level, I'd set up a tasker profile which would automagically send a text to my GF when the app alerts me the washer or dryer is done.

Washer/dryer tells phone it's done > phone uses tasker to send text to GF > clothes magically appear in closet.

Winning lol

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
Let's take lazy to the next level, I'd set up a tasker profile which would automagically send a text to my GF when the app alerts me the washer or dryer is done.

Washer/dryer tells phone it's done > phone uses tasker to send text to GF > clothes magically appear in closet.

Winning lol

You have serious issues! I hope your GF F**ks you up! (And stomps your Photon!)

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
All I have to say is check your bills closely and hope you never ever have to call customer service for anything.

If Customer Serivce transferrs you to 2nd level support and you get a 717-XXX-XXXX number, tell my ex-wife hello!

I have never had anyone like AT&T nickle-&-dime me to death like they do. Surprised how they held lock on iDouche toy so long. $79.00 for 1400 minutes. $19.99 for unlimited text. $29.99 for Data. $2.99 cause Im Afro-American. $1.99 cause I'm not white. $0.99 cause I'm not Mexican. $1.99 cause I'm not female. $2.99 cause I did not use condom. $19.99 cause I post on XDA! $2.99 cause I'm not gay! $2.99 cause I might be. $2.99 cause I'm lying! $2.99 to the Republican National Party although I'm a Dem!. $2.99 to the DNP to fight the RNP. $2.99 to North Korea so they dont have Nukes! $5.99 so Solomani Pirates. $1.99 to City Council.

Then they had the nerve to tax me on the call I made from the strip club? Come on, if I'm at the strip club, who the he** could I possibily be calling? My girl? I seriously doubt that! My boy? why would I let him in on my action? My mother? really? AT&T sucks!

madeSICC

Sep 19, 2010
Haha . I did buy Samsung washer and dryer but not that fancy.

Yes I've heard stories from both sides about how bad and how good they are. Just like any cell provider.

I really liked sprint but it seems like my reception was just getting worse around where I.work and live, with my job I am on call all day so if I can't get calls then I can't make money so that really made me want to switch. But I liked everything else about them.
Thanks for the heads up on the bill. I will watch it.

My wife is.probably gonna stay with sprint but not sure yet, if she does I might just for her my photon if she wants it, and wait for some thing else to come out for sprint before using her upgrade.
She still using a EVO.

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
Personally, I never had a problem with AT&T Service. Likely the best I ever had but in 3 years I had exactly ONE correct bill. I had to spend one hour each month argueing on the phone with them and they always would offer me a free iPhone!

Sprint, so far, has been good to me.

madeSICC

Sep 19, 2010
Sorry about not replying to the sale posts, I meant that more as a joke right now..

Still under contract with sprint until the end of next month so I can't sale the phone quite yet. And if my wife wants to save her upgrade for.something else later she will take the photon.

It's only 3 months old, bought it off craigslist bnib. It's had a invisishield since the first day, and an otter box a few days after. I found the otterbox was giving it scuff marks on the top so I took it off and literally a day after while I was doing a oil change on my truck I went to pull it out if my pocket and dropped it. So.I has 2 tiny chips and 2 corners. Not bad though since the.phone is all dark..

You guys will have second dibs if the wife decides to upgrade. I'll let you know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All I have to say is check your bills closely and hope you never ever have to call customer service for anything.

If Customer Serivce transferrs you to 2nd level support and you get a 717-XXX-XXXX number, tell my ex-wife hello!

I have never had anyone like AT&T nickle-&-dime me to death like they do. Surprised how they held lock on iDouche toy so long. $79.00 for 1400 minutes. $19.99 for unlimited text. $29.99 for Data. $2.99 cause Im Afro-American. $1.99 cause I'm not white. $0.99 cause I'm not Mexican. $1.99 cause I'm not female. $2.99 cause I did not use condom. $19.99 cause I post on XDA! $2.99 cause I'm not gay! $2.99 cause I might be. $2.99 cause I'm lying! $2.99 to the Republican National Party although I'm a Dem!. $2.99 to the DNP to fight the RNP. $2.99 to North Korea so they dont have Nukes! $5.99 so Solomani Pirates. $1.99 to City Council.

Then they had the nerve to tax me on the call I made from the strip club? Come on, if I'm at the strip club, who the he** could I possibily be calling? My girl? I seriously doubt that! My boy? why would I let him in on my action? My mother? really? AT&T sucks!
    Walked into best buy yesterday to buy a new washer and dryer. After that was all said and done I walked over to the mobile section wanting to get a look at the new Galaxy Note. Well 30 minutes later I walked out with a new ATT contract and a Note.
    I still am under contract with sprint for another month but the reception in my area was just slowly getting worse and worse. AT&T has great coverage here so I figured I would give them a try. The only thing I will miss with sprint is unlimited data. But I rarely ever used more then 2gigs anyways.

The note on the other hand is a pretty awesome device, for a heavy texter it's a dream. And the screen is freaking beautiful. Battery life is amazing as well. Been unplugged for 12 hours and still 30%.

But when compared to the Photon it does feel inferior. As many of you probably agree, the Photon is a amazingly built device, inside and out. The note does feel like a step down, so I'mnot sure if I will stay with the note but I will be sticking with AT&T.

Anybody interested in buying a Photon?!

Stumbled by this thread......the Note is absolutely amazing! Head Turner! Coming along nicely in development, we have root, CWM, OC kernel, and two custom roms already AND there's some good posts as of late, that detail how to accomplish all that without even tripping Samsungs "binary flash counter"

Please hit THANKS button if I help you, I have very low self esteem, and I crave validation! Sent from my Team EOS ICS Xoom
    You should have held out for the Samsung WS457 (washer) and DV457 (dryer) that are coming out this spring! Control my washer and dryer with my android phone ... count me in.