Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

coloxim

Feb 17, 2011
Pavia
With this kernel my phone sleep like baby...much better than other kernel..

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

LogeshMenon

Jan 23, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
So whats Voodoo Louder all about then!

:rolleyes:

Voodoo lauder and voodoo sound is two different things all together.

Supercurio description of voodoo lauder... It's good to read the description of an app.. :rolleyes:

"LOUDER exploits Yamaha sound chip extra abilities to get very high output volumes.

While this app doesn't bring sound quality improvements like Voodoo Sound (hardware miss capabilities), its design is based on strong engineering and gives the best results your hardware can provide."

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
First Cycle on Fluxi RC4 gives fantastic result

Superb Kernel, thanks Fluxi

I flashed the Fluxi RC4 Kernel yesterday night after moving from Paranoid's D4 v10 ROM to Latest Hydrogenics 13/05/12.

What I did with the Phone were:

- About 3hr 50mins of browsing with Opera mini and ICS browser + via 3G
- About 3mins of Voice calls
- About 15 SMS sent & received
- About 45mins of Music Playback
- About 10mins of Video Playback
- Checking some stuffs on official app via 3G for about 20mins
- About 5 emails sent & received
- About 10mins of Facebook-ing via Official app
- About 1hr of constant Whatsapp-ing
- No WIFI

Summary:

On Battery time: 13hr 17mins 43s
Screen on Time: 5hrs 11mins 37s

PS: This is my first cycle with the new kernel and I believe further discharge/recharge should give better results. I use standard Galaxy SII battery 1650mAH

See attachments below for confirmation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-18-16-57-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-18-16-57-59.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 458
  • Screenshot_2012-05-18-16-57-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-18-16-57-32.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 457
  • Screenshot_2012-05-18-16-57-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-18-16-57-47.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308374

Guys my phone is always staying at 200 or 500 MHz or 1200, little at 800 and 1000; intermediate steps are almost non existent (a bunch of seconds each). How to tweak governor tunables to make it better? I don't think it needs to ramp up so aggressively...
Thanks a lot!! Waiting for rc5 and fixed app ;)

Sent from my SGS2 - SlimICS Rom & Syiah Kernel

myfluxi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2011
Guys my phone is always staying at 200 or 500 MHz or 1200, little at 800 and 1000; intermediate steps are almost non existent (a bunch of seconds each). How to tweak governor tunables to make it better? I don't think it needs to ramp up so aggressively...
Thanks a lot!! Waiting for rc5 and fixed app ;)

Sent from my SGS2 - SlimICS Rom & Syiah Kernel
What you are describing is intended. ondemands frequency for responsiveness will ramp up to 500 as first step. And after that ondemand always sets its target to max freq by default.

To get the behaviour of your choice use the Tweaker: CPU / Governor: ondemand / Governor settings: freq_responsiveness: "200" / freq_step: 20%" / up_threshold_min_freq: "85%".

That way, the first step will be your minimum freq. After that ondemand will target 20% of what it would usually target.

Not saying that it makes sense but you get what you want ;)

Last edited:

coloxim

Feb 17, 2011
Pavia
What you are describing is intended. ondemands frequency for responsiveness will ramp up to 500 as first step. And after that ondemand always sets its target to max freq by default.

To get the behaviour of your choice use the Tweaker: CPU / Governor: ondemand / Governor settings: freq_responsiveness: "200" / freq_step: 20%" / up_threshold_min_freq: "85%".

That way, the first step will be your minimum freq. After that ondemand will target 20% of what it would usually target.

No I've understand what the frequ step is it..

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

remorema

Mar 12, 2009
Lisbon
awesome kernel so far.

only issue I ran into was with the xx app english translated version. after uninstalling german version installed english version and it disapeared from app drawer when I reebooted. just reinstalled and its working fine.

other minor issue is that with this kernel my aosp rom uses external sdcard as primary storage.

edit: just read the faq about translated version issue. have to say that installing app twice as I did also works. without the need to create an empty file in data folder

Last edited:

pelpa87

Apr 2, 2012
Pilar
well, first battery cycle that i'm using this kernell with Hydrogenics!(Don't know if this sentences is written in a correct way, excuse my poor english). and is pure awesom!!
10 hours of really heavy use(facebook, twitter, music, web browsing, downloading and installing apps, texting, whastapp, and a few more things), and still with 8 percent of battery!!! thats a mind blowing battery life!
great work fluxi!!

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

awesome kernel so far.

only issue I ran into was with the xx app english translated version. after uninstalling german version installed english version and it disapeared from app drawer when I reebooted. just reinstalled and its working fine.

other minor issue is that with this kernel my aosp rom uses external sdcard as primary storage.

edit: just read the faq about translated version issue. have to say that installing app twice as I did also works. without the need to create an empty file in data folder
had de same problem! some post above is the solution..
though i write it for u :

for switching the primary storage memory go to sttings-->Device Tweaking-->general-->System property-->and mark/unmark switch sdcard mount point.
and reboot

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Same here. I've tried everything suggested, but it just won't happen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

reinstall app an then go to /data/data/net.fluxi.xxtweaker/shared_prefs and delete the xml file in it. then start app and set your preferenses and reboot and see if that fixes the problem...
worked for me...

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Nice Thanks. Okay guys, post the languages you guys want, so far there's Portuguese and Italian.

if you want i can translate to spanish, give me the list of words...

Last edited:

remorema

Mar 12, 2009
Lisbon
had de same problem! some post above is the solution..
though i write it for u :

for switching the primary storage memory go to sttings-->Device Tweaking-->general-->System property-->and mark/unmark switch sdcard mount point.
and reboot.

thoose are probably aokp settings. in CBR rom I cant find thoose settings anywere. rom dev released a new version today with mounting points fixed will try it later.

so far this kernell is butter smooth. if I can pull off 4h of screen on Ill be more than happy.

D

Deleted member 308374

Thank you of your reply :)
It looks like I have too little knowledge of how on demand works to understand your explanation to the fullest, but I get the idea. I find my phone really fast with your kernel, so I was thinking about sacrificing a little bit of it for the sake of battery.

What still I am missing is why on stock kernel the phone goes more often to 800mhz than yours (1000 isn't much used in both cases, and now I understand why it's being skipped by on demand governor). Is it because of preferring 500mhz that it saves more battery and gets good reports? Just asking out of curiosity to learn more,i dont mean any criticism nor sarcasm nor false expertise :)

Another two little questions that may prove obvious and I'm off until next version :p
Why having so many freq steps, if they are not meant to be used much since ondemand jumps from 200 to 500 to maximum? Is there a specific purpose, or is it mainly to allow user customisation?

Thanks a lot for your patience and work, can't wait to test rc5 ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

E

eelsinned

go to /data/data/net.fluxi.xxtweaker/shared_prefs and delete the xml file in it. then start app and set your preferenses and reboot and see if that fixes the problem...
worked for me....

Didn't work for me mate, thanks anyway. I give up now

hospital349

Apr 3, 2012
New Pork City
Ditto, still no luck here :( - it's so weird only some users are seeing this issue. Raverlee are you also on CM9?

WHY YOU NO SAVE SETTINGS /cry

Yeah, same here. Well, it's a bit hit & miss really:

Sometimes I reboot and settings will be partially saved.
Sometimes I reboot and they'll all be saved.
Other times, they just completely reset.

(This is after attempting numerous 'theoretical' fixes posted throughout the thread).

It's a real shame because the 1 successful cycle that I did have without the app resetting itself, was probably the best battery cycle I've ever had on any kernel...

and Fluxi definitely has some stiff competition to beat.

Please please please, for the sake of so many people pulling their hair out over this; fix the saved settings bug!

Otherwise, thank you for such a wonderful kernel. QUALITY!! :D

myfluxi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2011
Again, some logcats of system start-ups would help. I triple checked each and every setting on my device and it's flawless.

Regarding the freq steps: My credo is, let the governor decide. Offer lots of steps and leave the rest to ondemand and other "intelligent" governors. ondemand doesn't step up 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8, it wil ramp up as quickly as possible 1-8 (if you do not throttle like explained above). There is no point in artificial selections of freq steps as we cannot predict the optimum freq for every possible task. There is no point in smooth scaling mechanisms that do not invoke delayed work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FLUXI KERNEL ICS I9100 *27.06.12*

Features:
    • Current version: XX.02-beta10
    • Must-have for CyanogenMod AOKP CM9 and ICS
    • Linux kernel 3.0.36
    • Samsung Open Source Update 4
    • Toolchain XX.03, Linaro GCC 4.7.1 NEON FPU optimizations for ARM Cortex-A9
    • Optimized kernel configuration
    • Compiler tweaks
    • ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 xxTouch fully customized & Remanufactured
    xxTweaker app with huge functionality:
    • Kernel Backlight Notification BLN, Breathing, LED-Fadeout * BLN and LED in xxTweaker
    • Backlight Notification BLN * 100% Working by BLN Control
    • CPU OC / UV 100-1600MHz * As xxTweaker, Voltage Control, or SetCPU init.d script
    • Governor and Governor Settings * CPU / governor in xxTweaker
    • ondemand governor significantly optimized with screen-off profile and boost at low frequencies * CPU / governor in xxTweaker
    • CPU hotplugging Settings * CPU / hotplug in xxTweaker
    • Energy saving options * General to xxTweaker
    • I/O scheduler * General to xxTweaker
    • Charging current settings for AC and USB Misc * General to xxTweaker
    • GPU OC / UV 3step 67-400MHz, 700-1200mV and thresholds * As xxTweaker, Voltage Control or init.d script
    • LCD Density Settings * General to xxTweaker
    • ROM Manager * As xxTweaker
    • Automated multiple Flash files in a zip-through * As xxTweaker
    • Screen cursor hysteresis movement * As xxTweaker or tegrak Touch Move
    • Touch screen sensitivity (ex. display with protective cover) * As xxTweaker
    • Volume of Quiet to LOUDERER adjustable * sound settings in xxTweaker
    • Super AMOLED mDNIe +, sharp, beautiful colors with no yellowing * Configurable with xxTweaker
    • Configurable brightness/gamma * Level in xxTweaker
    • Configurable screen color temperature * in xxTweaker
    • And much more ...
    • Public sources under https://github.com/myfluxi/xxICSKernel

Original Thread Link: http://www.android-hilfe.de/kernel-...ernel-ics-xxtweaker-app-xxtouch-recovery.html

Official Discussion Thread (Non-development/settings/battery life) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1732028

LATEST RELEASE XX.02-beta9

Download:
    CWM ZIP: Fluxi CWM XX.02-beta10

Odin TAR: Fluxi ODIN XX.02-beta10

xxTweaker Download:

xxTweaker-0.3.9_rc2.zip
    Kernel Update Fluxi ICS XX.03-beta1

CWM ZIP: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.03-beta1.zip

Odin TAR: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.03-beta1.tar

Update xxTweaker v0.4.0_beta1

OTA or direct download: fluxi-xxTweaker-0.4.0_beta1.apk

Changelog:
    • Kernel: Rebase on top of CM kernel, code review, cleanup
    • Kernel: Add vr I/O scheduler
    • Kernel: Limit GPU voltage back to 800mV, a lower limit may cause Mali kernel errors
    • Kernel: Use LED button brightness for constant and blinking BLN
    • Kernel: USB: Use 4 storage pipeline buffers
    • Kernel: USB: Increase vbus draw
    • Ramdisk: Update recovery
    • Ramdisk: Use cool Android Jelly Bean charging gfx
    • Ramdisk: Install ntfs-3g binary
    • xxTweaker: Update to v0.4.0_beta1
    • xxTweaker: Automount NTFS drives to {internal SD-Card}/usbdisk
    • xxTweaker: Move fix permissions task to thread, fixes UI freeze
    • xxTweaker: OTA: Don't download updates if file is already present
    • xxTweaker: OTA: Uninstall and install tweaker .apk instead of flashing a zip, personal settings are persistent
    • xxTweaker: Disable vibration settings, it's in CM now
    Kernel Update Fluxi ICS XX.02-beta10

Slomo may be actually two bugs, which explains why it happened much less with beta9. So those observations regarding the mmc driver were not totally unfounded while the conclusion may have been a bit off. Let's see what happens.

CWM ZIP: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta10.zip

Odin TAR: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta10.tar

Changelog:
    • Kernel: Fix typo in ext4 driver that may have caused those slowdowns on wakeup and unlock
    • Kernel: touchscreen: Optionally flash LED buttons on touch, not in the tweaker app yet, if you need it *now*, echo/write time in ms into /sys/class/sec/sec_touchscreen/tsp_flash_timeout, e.g. for one second
      echo 1000 > /sys/class/sec/sec_touchscreen/tsp_flash_timeout
    • Fileserver: On download instead of "download.php" correct filenames are saved
    Thank me if everyone is happy again :)
    Kernel Update Fluxi XX.02-beta4

This update is only needed for the new led backlight level (= "0") to avoid users reporting their bln was broken.

CWM ZIP: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta4.zip

Odin TAR: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta4.tar

Update xxTweaker v0.3.9_beta5

This is a monster update (at least for me), now we're having a feature freeze.

OTA or direct download: fluxi-xxTweaker-0.3.9_beta5.zip

Changelog:
    • kernel: keyboard: cypress: Use standard voltage for constant/blinking bln, with very low voltages, the user might wonder why "bln does not work"
    • kernel: Upstream patches from CM9 repo and more smaller patches
    • ramdisk: Update CWM recovery, add "Power off" option in Advanced menu (user request)
    • xxTweaker: System: Rewrite LCD-Density part to catch unxpected user settings
    • xxTweaker: System: Reset fuel gauge option (user request)
    • xxTweaker: Display: Rewrite touch config logic
    • xxTweaker: BLN & LED: New "Level 0" for the LED button backlight, helps as workaround to keep LED buttons effectively off
    • xxTweaker: BLN & LED: New 1 minute timeout for notifications (user request)
    • xxTweaker: CPU: On governor change, reload saved user settings for the selected governor. So now it's possible to have individual settings for each governor - nice!
    • xxTweaker: CPU: Remove read only value sampling_rate_min from settings in ondemand and conservative
    • xxTweaker: CPU: Fix Bus Frequency up threshold value on reload after reboot
    • xxTweaker: CPU: Fix on changing governors, governor list reports the actually selected governor
    • xxTweaker: New settings administration. Save, restore, manage and reset your settings. As it is a new function that required much more than 1000 lines of code and a lot of detail work (and as a sidenote is the killer feature in ExTweaks Pro that costs you $$$), there may be small errors. If errors occure, please supply logs and report what exactly happened before failure.