Samsung Galaxy Epic display won't turn on...

Search This thread

GALAXYEPICGUY

Feb 24, 2014
I don't know what's wrong with my phone, but the screen display is messed up. Sometimes, the screen will display if I keep clicking the power button one-hundred times, but other than that it won't budge. Everything thing else works when I press the power button, the keyboard lights up, the home button and other buttons light, just not the screen. Like I said, I have to repeatedly press the power button so that in a slight chance, the screen might display.

I HATE THIS PHONE! What, do I do?

Mr_You

Jul 17, 2013
I don't know what's wrong with my phone, but the screen display is messed up. Sometimes, the screen will display if I keep clicking the power button one-hundred times, but other than that it won't budge. Everything thing else works when I press the power button, the keyboard lights up, the home button and other buttons light, just not the screen. Like I said, I have to repeatedly press the power button so that in a slight chance, the screen might display.

I HATE THIS PHONE! What, do I do?

Need more info.

Can you access the recovery partition and it works fine? Access the recovery partition by powering on the device by holding down: Volume Down, Camera, and Power. Release when the hardware icons light up (down on the bottom: settings, home, back, search). You should see a menu appear after several seconds.

If the recovery partition does work fine have you tried a factory reset?

If it is still problematic within the recovery partition then it is more than likely a hardware issue. Possibly a problem with the power button?

Last edited: