[Q] Still having clear data randomly. Anybody found out why? 8 GB SD?

Search This thread

lordofazeroth

Nov 28, 2010
Hi guys.

I got a Galaxy Nexus long ago so I wasnt using my DS5 anymore.
Now I could give it to my father, BUT:
It still has the error of resetting once in a time.

I shut down the phone, start it again and it is set back to new flash. As if I did a clear data....

Has anybody found out why this is happening? I cannot give this phone away if this continues.
I have a 8 GB internal SD card. Could this be the problem? I simply cloned the 2 GB to the 8 GB and resized the partitions.

ROM is Traveller.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
It's not just my ROM, but all Gingerbread ROMs. There is a bug where the Streak may reboot if it isn't actively used.

http://www.dell.com/support/trouble...cles/ArticleView?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&docid=436807

The solution I found is that when you put the Streak down for the night, say to go to sleep, put the Streak into airplane mode and take it off airplane mode when you first go to use it the following day. Note that this bug appears to only occur on WiFi, with mobile data unaffected. Also, reduce the number of widgets you have running, as too many widgets suck up the remaining RAM and will cause spontaneous reboots outside of the bug I just mentioned.

I haven't had a spontaneous reboot in over a month, and currently my mobile data is inactive.

Reactions: lordofazeroth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's not just my ROM, but all Gingerbread ROMs. There is a bug where the Streak may reboot if it isn't actively used.

http://www.dell.com/support/trouble...cles/ArticleView?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&docid=436807

The solution I found is that when you put the Streak down for the night, say to go to sleep, put the Streak into airplane mode and take it off airplane mode when you first go to use it the following day. Note that this bug appears to only occur on WiFi, with mobile data unaffected. Also, reduce the number of widgets you have running, as too many widgets suck up the remaining RAM and will cause spontaneous reboots outside of the bug I just mentioned.

I haven't had a spontaneous reboot in over a month, and currently my mobile data is inactive.