No Rom on device

Search This thread

supastarv

Jul 31, 2006
Las Vegas
I some how managed to wipe everything from my fire. The pc is not connecting to storage on device and I don't have any way to copy a file over. I am connected with adb though, and I can get into recovery on the fire. Can I push a zip file over using adb? I have tried, but still not finding it using the recovery.

imnotamorningguy

Jul 15, 2011
Dallas
I think you have to mount sd in recovery and then you can push a zip over. You'll probably have to unmount sd then and then you can flash...I think...

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App

daggy1985

Feb 7, 2011
If you have adb working push a rom zip of your choice to /sdcard and then it should show up in twrp. Good luck

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

supastarv

Jul 31, 2006
Las Vegas
Thanks so much, got it working. Plenty of practice with wm, but new to android. Now, my 50" plasma just popped and went black, time to check out the Television forums:(

itsDefying

Dec 16, 2011
I some how managed to wipe everything from my fire. The pc is not connecting to storage on device and I don't have any way to copy a file over. I am connected with adb though, and I can get into recovery on the fire. Can I push a zip file over using adb? I have tried, but still not finding it using the recovery.

Code:
adb remount
adb push <filename> <location>

Try that.