ICS multitasking or HTC Sense multitasking

Search This thread

tell4ever

Apr 18, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
i find the way HTC has done multitasking is a bit irritating,, you cant view multiple apps at once and its rather irritating when removing recent apps..
do you guys prefer the way ICS handles it more than htc????
and the better question is would we see a tweak to revert it to the ICS way

nativestranger

Aug 18, 2010
The htc way may look impressive at first but having to perform multiple swipes around a 3d interface that show one app at a time is slow and inefficient. A list or grid view with a close button next to each app will be much more convenient and i would less of a drain on your battery.

Mischaseb

Jan 20, 2012
Sydney
Yes i much prefer the stock ICS one, makes much more sense to see 4 apps at once and swipe them off very quickly, instead of swiping one, then waiting, then swiping one, then waiting *sigh*

vincepg13

Jul 23, 2011
It's part of sense & that's why I bought this phone and not wait for the sgs3 because I prefer sense over stock android. Some parts may be less efficient but for me sense vastly improves Android experience so little things like this are worth it. Sure there will be a mod for rooted phones

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Lawliet

Sep 6, 2008
London
I very much prefer the ICS stock one. Hope there's a way to change that without needing a root. Not about to root a new phone so soon.

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Definitely HTC easier than aosp ics.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Cause its easier to navigate. I find scrolling left or right easier then up and down on aosp. It's a matter of taste. I have a gnex and I couldn't get use to the multitasking on it. On the one x i use it more.

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Cause its easier to navigate. I find scrolling left or right easier then up and down on aosp. It's a matter of taste. I have a gnex and I couldn't get use to the multitasking on it. On the one x i use it more.

I guess but I prefer the fact that you can see more than one app on ASOP

The Sense way of doing it is slow. It's slow to start and when you close an app you have to wait for the slow animation to slide in the next app. I understand that HTC wants to do things different but omg don't do things slow and laggy. Have you tried scrolling the bookmark list in the browser!? It's slow.

Eggcake

Apr 5, 2010
The Sense way of doing it is slow. It's slow to start and when you close an app you have to wait for the slow animation to slide in the next app. I understand that HTC wants to do things different but omg don't do things slow and laggy. Have you tried scrolling the bookmark list in the browser!? It's slow.

Yep, I think that's even the bigger problem. I have no problem with the tabs themselves, but it's annoying that you first see the (outdated) picture of the app flying in, wait for one second till it's replaced with the actual app and then you can do something.

Actually, I don't prefer any of them. I prefer the pre-ICS way of multitasking - it was the most efficient, fastest way (altough also the ugliest) of switching between apps.

ko0l

Dec 3, 2008

You can close the left and right app on the side as well by swiping up on it, and you don't need to wait for the animation or wait for it to go to the middle. The ICS method isn't that great either. Where yo actually do need to wait for the animation.

Last edited:

flame10

Dec 26, 2009
Love the way HTC has done it. I tend to use it more to switch between apps, rather than to kill apps, I guess ics is intelligent enough to handle the background apps.

Btw, the feeling is more like the vista aero style app switching.

rajitsingh

Jul 19, 2010
New Delhi
Love the way HTC has done it. I tend to use it more to switch between apps, rather than to kill apps, I guess ics is intelligent enough to handle the background apps.

Btw, the feeling is more like the vista aero style app switching.

I dont think it (or the stock ICS one) ever actually kills an app.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app

Johnny0906

May 30, 2011
I second the motion of having a mod to have ICS multi-tasking :)

Much better then the sense if you ask me.

Mischaseb

Jan 20, 2012
Sydney
I dont think it (or the stock ICS one) ever actually kills an app.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app

it doesnt "kill" it like a task killer does, however it does end it as if you were in the app and pressed the back button until you get to the home screen, rather than just pressing the home button. It effectively ends your session in that app.

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Stock ICS method as on my tablet is MUCH better than the Sense method on my phone. Yet another Sense feature that is poorly conceived; HTC should leave the software to Google. If I could get stock ICS with the hardware features of the phone all retained, and a full warranty, I'd switch in a heartbeat. Sense has far too many annoyances, and brings nothing of value to the table.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can´t understand, why many people buy an One X and then complain about the look and feel of sense?!?!?! Do you buy an Mercedes and complain, why it not looks like a Toyota?
    There is a similar device to buy with AOSP look, the Galaxy Nexus. And there are many apps in the market to change the launcher.
    I like HTC Sense, for me it´s much more elegant than AOSP and the multitsking app is clear, when you often move between apps to copy and paste. Also, there is a taskmanager inside the rom, you can use it, if you don´t like the one in Sense.