Automatic twrp backup?

Search This thread

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Not sure if this belongs here but it is a question, lol.

Are there any apps/mods that would allow me to set up an automatic backup time/date to backup my ROMs?

By this I mean is there a was to have my phone automatically run twrp and make a nandroid while I sleep, possibly delete the old backup while I'm at it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Im sure it can be done. Anything is possible on xda! Unfortunately im not sure right now how to tell you to go about it. Is this something that an app like Tasker and/or a script manager might help with?

Reactions: tokenpoke

mp3deviant721

Jan 4, 2013
Try an app called Online Nandroid Backup. The name is a bit misleading but be assured, it does not use the internet to make nandroids.

d2tmo: Carbonized & LeanKernel'd edition

Reactions: tokenpoke

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Online as in the device is still booted up im guessing? You could also write up a script to run the dd command to dump your data partition to a .img file. Then as I mentioned before use something like Tasker or a script manager to schedule it to run.

mp3deviant721

Jan 4, 2013
Online as in the device is still booted up im guessing? You could also write up a script to run the dd command to dump your data partition to a .img file. Then as I mentioned before use something like Tasker or a script manager to schedule it to run.

Yep. As in device fully booted.

anil2653

Are there any apps/mods that would allow me to set up an automatic backup time/date to backup my ROMs?

By this I mean is there a was to have my phone automatically run twrp and make a nandroid while I sleep, possibly delete the old backup while I'm at it?

I use Rom manager Pro and it has automatic backup provision where you can set it with date and time and it will create backup automatically

You too can try

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Thanks guys I'll look into each option tonight.

I was thinking about doing docs suggestion but I don't know how to make the script run at certain times without possibly causing some weird issue. Tasker should solve that

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I've heard good things about gscript as well. There are probably a number of script management apps in the play store you can try too. Didn't think about Rom Manager, but there are also TWRP apps that might do the same. If you go that route just use whichever app goes with your preferred recovery.

anil2653

Thanks guys I'll look into each option tonight.

I was thinking about doing docs suggestion but I don't know how to make the script run at certain times without possibly causing some weird issue. Tasker should solve that

Rom Manager Pro has an option "manage backup and restore" and in that automatic backup is by default off so if you turn it on then it will be asking you to put backup time then days.

Then it will keep your Rom backed up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I use Rom manager Pro and it has automatic backup provision where you can set it with date and time and it will create backup automatically

You too can try

Im sure it can be done. Anything is possible on xda! Unfortunately im not sure right now how to tell you to go about it. Is this something that an app like Tasker and/or a script manager might help with?
    Try an app called Online Nandroid Backup. The name is a bit misleading but be assured, it does not use the internet to make nandroids.