danew i1012 / Thomson THBK1, dualboot win8.1 android 4.2

Search This thread

reggiexp

hello
just posting about this windows 8.1 tablet atom z3740 based like every other tablet 2gb ram 32gb ssd
i think
but it has android 4.2.2 no playstore (but u dont need it with android)
but yeah here is a link its 299€ tablet ah its okay 1micro usb otg (no full port) 1micro sd slot 1 micro hdmi and a ugly keyboard with no ports (its a slim keyboard i guess)
http://www.danew.com/fiche-produits-dualboot-i1012.php

its french
to lazy to translate
but its okay i think and has a touch windows logo (only thing i find better then the asus t100 who hasent one its only a sitcker there)
or look for the thomson thbk1 its the same. only logo is different. http://www.amazon.fr/Thomson-THBK1-10-32-Tablette-daccueil-Microsoft/dp/B00JE4OK40

tested it a little, mouse pad isnt clickable. and has no Full usb port.
so its a no for me.

here some pictures

Attachments

• danew-i1012-04.jpg
    danew-i1012-04.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 174
  • thomson-thbk1-10-32-3.jpg
    thomson-thbk1-10-32-3.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Graveen

Nov 21, 2010
www.dolserver.net
yop,

mini to normal usb is provided.

tablet is cool. main problem is the oleophobic surface sucks, but android is working nicely.

no playstore no root for now. 4.2.1 only.

I'm still trying to backup the whole emmc chip, but i have troubles

once it'll be done, i could quietly try to root it. Should not be very problematic if we could have (and i see them in partition manager) access to ext filesystems.

lcd is correct, although resolution is relatively low and max luminosity could have been brighter.

still looking for a forum of users, seems there are not atm :)

reggiexp

yop,

mini to normal usb is provided.

tablet is cool. main problem is the oleophobic surface sucks, but android is working nicely.

no playstore no root for now. 4.2.1 only.

I'm still trying to backup the whole emmc chip, but i have troubles

once it'll be done, i could quietly try to root it. Should not be very problematic if we could have (and i see them in partition manager) access to ext filesystems.

lcd is correct, although resolution is relatively low and max luminosity could have been brighter.

still looking for a forum of users, seems there are not atm :)

yeah but the trackpad on keyboard has no click? i tried in shop but couldnt click it.
and yeah but that means no external HDD (u need full usb port that gives power) if i want a tablet a full usb port should be great to have

and yeah but u can install playstore no? just download the apk?

but its cheap. just want a cheap tablet
the only no reason for the asus t100 is the 'no touch windows logo homebuton) if that was a capasitive key i would buy it.
it has usb3. and a great battery.

i will wait and see if there will come other 300€tablet with windows a bit better.

Graveen

Nov 21, 2010
www.dolserver.net
yeah but the trackpad on keyboard has no click? i tried in shop but couldnt click it.
and yeah but that means no external HDD (u need full usb port that gives power) if i want a tablet a full usb port should be great to have

and yeah but u can install playstore no? just download the apk?

but its cheap. just want a cheap tablet
the only no reason for the asus t100 is the 'no touch windows logo homebuton) if that was a capasitive key i would buy it.
it has usb3. and a great battery.

i will wait and see if there will come other 300€tablet with windows a bit better.

Yes i agree - i was mainly interested in Win + Android, but honestly, this is because i need both. This is not so bad, but this is globally the worse of both:
- for windows, what you mention (not enough power for an hard drive, barely for an usb thumb, no clic - you have to use touchpad, n right clic - you have to keep pressed the touchpad). Impossible to boot to usb thumb too, etc... (or i did not found the trick)
- for android, actually we are locked at 4.2.2, and basically, i spent 4 hours trying to root and install playstore, but i have not a single information on the HW (i need to grab it all at hand). Having access to Android partitions from Windows help a bit tbh, at least i hope.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

last, tomorrow there are discounts on http://www.vente-privee.com and it seems they are selling this tablet. Generally thoses sales goes very low, worth a look.

(comme je vois que tu es FR)

Last edited:

reggiexp

oui je men doute vente privee cest francais (c'est pas une site de arnaque sa?) j'aime pas ce site... , bien ton anglais si non.

yeah realy for a windows tablet full usb port is a must
and yep touchpad is bad... its a okay tablet cheap. budget.
i would like to have android on the other tablets from windows
like the asus. or HP not that i need it but still it's usfull. for some apps.
its a great idea just the tablet is not a great idea. sucks
i will wait for the new cheaper tablets. with big battery. like the asus. (realy sucks only one thing that i dont like makes me not buying it)

Last edited:

Graveen

Nov 21, 2010
www.dolserver.net
oui je men doute vente privee cest francais (c'est pas une site de arnaque sa?) j'aime pas ce site... , bien ton anglais si non.

yeah realy for a windows tablet full usb port is a must
and yep touchpad is bad... its a okay tablet cheap. budget.
i would like to have android on the other tablets from windows
like the asus. or HP not that i need it but still it's usfull. for some apps.
its a great idea just the tablet is not a great idea. sucks
i will wait for the new cheaper tablets. with big battery. like the asus. (realy sucks only one thing that i dont like makes me not buying it)

oh ****, they are more expensive than Amazon's, which is selling them @ 289€. VP is selling them @ 350€ !!!

reggiexp

oh ****, they are more expensive than Amazon's, which is selling them @ 289€. VP is selling them @ 350€ !!!

i just wanted some feed back on this tablet. i think i will pass.
wait for a new tablet that makes me smile and say YES i want that.
there are some at cdisount hp pavilion x2 11 (intel celeron n2910) but can't find any thing about gaming or battery life noting about it. price is okay
370€ 4gb ram 64gb ssd. but dont know about battery noting to find about it.

Feregorn

Jun 10, 2009
Paris
I bought this tablet from France a couple of months ago, because the combination of Win8.1 and Android 4.2 in tablet form is rare and because the price seemed very fair for the product. Since then, I have used both OS and have been quite satisfied. I installed the Amazon market with which I have access, just like the Play Store but without needing root, on all my apps and they play great on the Android OS. and I also sideloaded some games. The Win8.1 works as expected, most of the time it is reasonably fast but sometimes lag and freezes occur. But its certainly NOT way more often as the freezes I experience with my i7... They just happen, randomly and rarely. I played Ducktales Remastered on it and the game played silky-smooth. I'm encouraged to try other more demanding but kinda oldies games, like Kotor, Age of Mythology Extended, etc and see how they respond. Office and PDF work is easy to do, way better than on any android tablet (and I suppose the same applies for iPad). Having a full PC version of Office is really something irreproachable at the moment and the pre-installed software keyboard is very intuitive and good at predictions. I have installed firefox and I didn't have any problems with demanding sites such as the desktop version of Youtube. Sound is very good from the speakers, much better than my OPPO Find 7 and the screen brighttness is also very strong for me. The colors aren't as punchy as other screens though which is a very small bummer. Build quality is also good. The tablet isn't the thinnest around, but it has a solid feel, mostly plastic, without any strange noises so far... The keyboard is something I really like too, because it's obvious it was made for this specific tablet with the magnet dock attaching strongly and properly, and buttons that feel good. The mousepad requires gestures to use, like double tapping with two fingers to open the right-click menu and I don't find it bothersome at all. Battery life is good, but not very good. When I have a lot of work in the university (main reason I bought a tablet) I find that I can only get 2-3 days of use from the Thomson tablet, but when I use it more intermittently it can last nearly 1 week even when on Win8.1 in sleep mode.

Overall, I'm very happy for my purchase, because I was searching for a tablet that would be a minimized version of a laptop and choosing between the Thomson, Venue, Asus Tranformer models at this price range, I decided that the inclusion of Android is a bonus because it's a more casual and less battery-hungry OS that I could use alternatively, if the only thing I wanted to do with my laptop was to pass the time playing games, watching movies, or reading the news. And the Thomson Dual-Boot tablet performs admirably on both fronts and I believe that I've chosen right.

anndhal

Aug 9, 2015
how do i upgrade this tablet to windows 10 and delete android that is useless.. most app not capable with android 4.2 now...
and i cant upgrade the pc i only have 2.7gb free and i need like 4gb...

salut, j'étais moi aussi entrain de me poser les questions pour la mise a jour de cette tablette.
j'ai trouvé ce forum qui explique comment procéder
phonandroid .com/ forum / thread / tutoriel-reinstaller-android-et-ou-windows-rooter-android-sur-votre-tablette-chinoise.165306/