Free (for now) CDMA Flasher Software

Search This thread

Black SER

Nov 23, 2010
Taken from slickdeals.com If the mods wish to move this to the proper forum so be it. I noticed our "SPRINT" phone was supported to flash to Metro. Also if the .exe file is no longer downloadable let me know... works for other phones also....Thanks

Sprint Samsung SPH-D710 (Epic Touch SGS2) Full and Half

This is a software program that dealers pay a monthly fee to flash CDMA phones to Page Plus, Cricket, and MetroPCS among other services. Right now they are letting people download the software for free. They have also posted a public username and password so everybody has full access to the program. As their goal is to sell a monthly subscription to the software, I would not expect this public account to last long.

Program is good in that it is free if your phone and your designated carrier is among the supported. Process is also simple in that you just input some numbers and click the PROVISION button. Not so good is that some phones do not have flashing directions at all. Maybe a similar model's directions would work??? Also although data might work with a Full Flash, it may not be 3g.

Looks like the typical way a phone is flashed is by first putting it in USB debugging mode and then dialing ##3424#. You also need to enter your phone number, MID, and SID (for you locale).

Software:
http://www.cdmaflasher.com/Downloads/index.php

1. Install CDMA Flasher
2. Install driver if needed
3. Install .Net Framework if not already on your computer

Public Account from their homepage cdmaflasher.com
Username: CDMAFLASHER
Password: test

If somebody knows of specific instructions to a particular phone with no directions within the software program, feel free to post it here.

Last edited:

Dudebowski

Mar 1, 2011
Chicago
I took a peek at it, looks like a quick way to flash your phone over to one of the MVNO networks from the main networks, e.g. From Sprint to Cricket or USCell to MetroPCS (but not vice-versa)

Looks like the application is a mostly cloud-based backend, where you log-in to use the application, and then it will pull ODIN libs and device images from their servers temporarily to your PC for flashing a device over to the desired networks. the interface has dynamic menus to make it easy to figure out what's available, the D710 being one of them.

asks for destination carrier, then current carrier, device manufacturer, device model, and whether you want a full or half-flash ( what's a half flash? like i could install a cricket config next to my sprint config?)

Might be cool if I was thinking about doing that right now, but I doubt I'd really decide to make that change while this thing is still free to use. If half-flash would leave me with a simplified option to chose to use cricket at any time later if i wanted to, might be of interest...)

Reactions: bilgerryan

buzman78

Dec 8, 2012
Flasher Software

Thanks for the thread.

I have been trying to flash a generic Samsung SCH-i500 to ntelos for about a month and was able to get phone and text to work but no data.

I had tried everything with no luck until this.

Worked great and saved me from paying ntelos fees especially when they said they would not guarantee 3g

Thanks again

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Call me skeptical and old fashioned, but... I personally can't fathom how someone can charge a monthly subscription for something like this.

From what I have read, the half flash involves giving the phone in question talk and text capabilities (read: this thing ONLY slaps in the MDN and MIN, maybe even going as far as pushing the PRL for the carrier). Full flash, unless I missed something, will likely include the half flash plus adding proxy and port settings for MMS and internet. The fact that they "cannot guarantee that 3G will work" is a dead give away of this and that the service is a scam, and here is why:

* Provisioning your device (which is all this thing does) is only a tiny piece of the whole flashing process, and a simple one to do for that matter. You don't need a PC for this (any phone can be provisioned from itself if you know the MSL number which you can either find out through terminal emulator, MSL reader apps, or even by calling your current carrier), let alone a software package with a monthly fee. The biggest hurdle is to get the device added to the carrier's db of approved phones. This is done by adding the device's MEID and pESN onto their db via things like Houdini (this is for MetroPCS, not sure about what others use as more often than not, they will not allow you to BYOP anyways);

* They cannot guarantee the 3G for a very simple reason... this does not modify/touch (likely depending on the device, of course) the HA and AAA keys needed for the 3G to be validated by the carrier's system. Much like MEID and pESN, these keys are device specific, which means that if they are not accepted by the system, you will never get a 3G connection, period.

The only 2 ways to avoid having to pay the fees for BYOP are to:

1. Have someone you know working for a corporate store add the device to their network for free;

2. Go the "illegal" route, which I am not about to describe/discuss here.

Stay away from this program, and please.... whatever you do... DO NOT pay them a monthly fee. The program will add the numbers as it describes, but please... everything this program does can be done manually through the phone itself. But most importantly, you will still need to get the device added to your carrier by paying them.

buzman78

Dec 8, 2012
Worked For Me

My only response is the program worked for me in getting the i500 to have data and 3g. Granted I did not need it for voice or text however Ntelos told me they could not guarantee the phone would have data and I did not want to spend the bucks for them to try and fail and it still come out of my wallet.

I will say their apk for getting MMS to work did not work on my phone, but I can live with that.

For a free trial it worked for me. Most of the time all that is needed to flash a phone is the proper software.

jaguar4002

Oct 7, 2008
Call me skeptical and old fashioned, but... I personally can't fathom how someone can charge a monthly subscription for something like this.

From what I have read, the half flash involves giving the phone in question talk and text capabilities (read: this thing ONLY slaps in the MDN and MIN, maybe even going as far as pushing the PRL for the carrier). Full flash, unless I missed something, will likely include the half flash plus adding proxy and port settings for MMS and internet. The fact that they "cannot guarantee that 3G will work" is a dead give away of this and that the service is a scam, and here is why:

* Provisioning your device (which is all this thing does) is only a tiny piece of the whole flashing process, and a simple one to do for that matter. You don't need a PC for this (any phone can be provisioned from itself if you know the MSL number which you can either find out through terminal emulator, MSL reader apps, or even by calling your current carrier), let alone a software package with a monthly fee. The biggest hurdle is to get the device added to the carrier's db of approved phones. This is done by adding the device's MEID and pESN onto their db via things like Houdini (this is for MetroPCS, not sure about what others use as more often than not, they will not allow you to BYOP anyways);

* They cannot guarantee the 3G for a very simple reason... this does not modify/touch (likely depending on the device, of course) the HA and AAA keys needed for the 3G to be validated by the carrier's system. Much like MEID and pESN, these keys are device specific, which means that if they are not accepted by the system, you will never get a 3G connection, period.

1. Have someone you know working for a corporate store add the device to their network for free;

Stay away from this program, and please.... whatever you do... DO NOT pay them a monthly fee. The program will add the numbers as it describes, but please... everything this program does can be done manually through the phone itself. But most importantly, you will still need to get the device added to your carrier by paying them.

Actually the half flash is free for everyone. You are only charged for full flashes. The monthly subscription gives you unlimited full flashes and includes the iPhone, and there is no required subscription or contract.

lezouave

Nov 19, 2006
Chicago
I tried to contact by email n yahoo messenger, 2 weeks no reply
Don't worry, it's nothing you can't find anywhere else.

The people who were saying that this does nothing worth paying for are correct too.

What is worth paying for is a way around needing the secret keys, HA and AAA, which are required if you want to get on a different network. A Verizon 3g phone does not need to be flashed for it to run on Page Plus, but a Sprint phone does. It's a wooly world of scammers out there, except for certain ones.

Those that work offer a guarantee.

tanvirhasan

Aug 12, 2013
need help

can i flash my maximus max906 with this software. its android version 2.3.6 . and kernel version 2.6.3 .

techguy261

Jan 12, 2014
For those with Cricket

I did the half flash, activated over the phone by calling cricket and switching my device. And then got the 3g working by following the steps at.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=492824

Sweet, no cost phone replacement for me! Hope this helps anyone in the same situtaion.

Dogecoin deposits D7LzkD4yDipdGTo4PoiZDHqjycPDNYZQP7

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Need all samsung flash loader in one
Any body help me

Not sure what you're talking about, but this post is over a year old

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

phat0074

Mar 26, 2010
anybody know of one of these tools that flashes phones TO SPRINT and not just FROM SPRINT to other carriers

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
anybody know of one of these tools that flashes phones TO SPRINT and not just FROM SPRINT to other carriers

If you know what you are doing with the tools such as CDMA workshop and others, it makes no difference which carrier you flash to.

You want me to put the hammer down?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Taken from slickdeals.com If the mods wish to move this to the proper forum so be it. I noticed our "SPRINT" phone was supported to flash to Metro. Also if the .exe file is no longer downloadable let me know... works for other phones also....Thanks

Sprint Samsung SPH-D710 (Epic Touch SGS2) Full and Half

This is a software program that dealers pay a monthly fee to flash CDMA phones to Page Plus, Cricket, and MetroPCS among other services. Right now they are letting people download the software for free. They have also posted a public username and password so everybody has full access to the program. As their goal is to sell a monthly subscription to the software, I would not expect this public account to last long.

Program is good in that it is free if your phone and your designated carrier is among the supported. Process is also simple in that you just input some numbers and click the PROVISION button. Not so good is that some phones do not have flashing directions at all. Maybe a similar model's directions would work??? Also although data might work with a Full Flash, it may not be 3g.

Looks like the typical way a phone is flashed is by first putting it in USB debugging mode and then dialing ##3424#. You also need to enter your phone number, MID, and SID (for you locale).

Software:
    http://www.cdmaflasher.com/Downloads/index.php

1. Install CDMA Flasher
    2. Install driver if needed
    3. Install .Net Framework if not already on your computer

Public Account from their homepage cdmaflasher.com
    Username: CDMAFLASHER
    Password: test

If somebody knows of specific instructions to a particular phone with no directions within the software program, feel free to post it here.

I took a peek at it, looks like a quick way to flash your phone over to one of the MVNO networks from the main networks, e.g. From Sprint to Cricket or USCell to MetroPCS (but not vice-versa)

Looks like the application is a mostly cloud-based backend, where you log-in to use the application, and then it will pull ODIN libs and device images from their servers temporarily to your PC for flashing a device over to the desired networks. the interface has dynamic menus to make it easy to figure out what's available, the D710 being one of them.

asks for destination carrier, then current carrier, device manufacturer, device model, and whether you want a full or half-flash ( what's a half flash? like i could install a cricket config next to my sprint config?)

Might be cool if I was thinking about doing that right now, but I doubt I'd really decide to make that change while this thing is still free to use. If half-flash would leave me with a simplified option to chose to use cricket at any time later if i wanted to, might be of interest...)
    Need all samsung flash loader in one
    Any body help me

Not sure what you're talking about, but this post is over a year old

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

If you know what you are doing with the tools such as CDMA workshop and others, it makes no difference which carrier you flash to.

You want me to put the hammer down?