[Q] Trying to root friends phone

Search This thread

Hafford

Feb 3, 2012
Columbus
I am trying to root my buddies phone and I can't get temp-root. When I try to run the root.bat it will either get stuck in bootloader or I will get superuser permissions (#) but i still get permission denied. I type adb push misc_version /data/local/ and that works fine but then when I try to run adb shell /data/local/ -s 1.10.651.2 I get permission denied. I have tried to also run tacoroot and zergRush and all will give me su (#) but none with give me permission to change the misc_version? any help would be greatly appreciated!

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Why are trying to temp root ?? It's pointless imo. Just root the normal way and make a backup/nandroid of your current rom and keep a copy on your SD and one on your pc/laptop

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

Hafford

Feb 3, 2012
Columbus
I am trying to temproot cause it is still on the hboot 1.50 s-on so i still need to downgrade it to hboot 1.40 so I can use revolutionary's root

closeone

Jan 11, 2012
I am trying to temproot cause it is still on the hboot 1.50 s-on so i still need to downgrade it to hboot 1.40 so I can use revolutionary's root

You no longer need to TempRoot manually. Full downgrade instructions are in post #3 of the link in my signature or inside Unknownforce's thread. They should help speed things up immensely. ;)

~co~

Reactions: Hafford

Hafford

Feb 3, 2012
Columbus
You no longer need to TempRoot manually. Full downgrade instructions are in post #3 of the link in my signature or inside Unknownforce's thread. They should help speed things up immensely. ;)

~co~

Thanks I was using the same method I had used when i rooted my phone.....you are the one who came up with the bootable cd aren't you? I appreciate all of the work you guys do. all of you guys are amazing. thanks for making it possible for us normal folks to get rooted phones!!!!!

Reactions: closeone

closeone

Jan 11, 2012
Thanks I was using the same method I had used when i rooted my phone.....you are the one who came up with the bootable cd aren't you? I appreciate all of the work you guys do. all of you guys are amazing. thanks for making it possible for us normal folks to get rooted phones!!!!!

Yes I am. :) Thanks Hafford. I appreciate the kind words a whole lot.

As always, a huge shoutout goes out to Unknownforce for making it possible to downgrade the EVO 3D CDMA.

~co~

Reactions: Hafford

honorlost84

Mar 15, 2011
lapeer
Remember to update the radio. And fully activate the phone before flashing a Rom. And make sure the data works too. Saves headaches

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

~co~

~co~

Yes I am. :) Thanks Hafford. I appreciate the kind words a whole lot.

As always, a huge shoutout goes out to Unknownforce for making it possible to downgrade the EVO 3D CDMA.

~co~
    Would definitely recommend the downgrade method.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\