[RECOVERY][GT-P51XX] Unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.5 (Normal + Touch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shakatu

May 31, 2012
clockworkmod-recovery.png

IMG_20130507_171300.jpg

Thank you codeworkx for original development and getting the ball rolling!
These are unofficial builds compiled from source with the desire to stay as current as possible. The official builds are several builds behind, and might not be the most compatible with current CM10.1 releases.
Built from source, not responsible for any issues this may cause if you do it wrong, YMMV

Instructions:
For the *.tar files, reboot into download mode. (Power off, boot up pressing and holding volume-up + power)
Add the appropriate *.tar file to Odin as PDA. (For gt-p5113 use gt-p5110)
Connect tablet and flash

For the *.zip files, reboot into recovery mode. (Power off, boot up pressing and holding volume-down + power)
Install the appropriate *.zip file as you would a ROM (For gt-p5113 use gt-p5110)
Reboot recovery

Downloads:
Official, but not up to date: http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager or via ROM Manager

Unofficial updater zips, but always up to date:
shakatu_recovery-clockwork-unofficial-6.0.4.5-p5100.zip Android File Host (US Server) | Deposit Files (EU Server)
MD5 = b17d8a07d5b11f2537461b5017032dd3
shakatu_recovery-clockwork-unofficial-6.0.4.5-p5110.zip Android File Host (US Server) | Deposit Files (EU Server)
MD5 = 4dc04c812dba0065f3f11a4dc272dc88
PhilZ non-touch by @Android-Andi
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47876054
Unofficial touch updater zips (new versions won't build successfully):
shakatu_recovery-clockwork-unofficial-touch-6.0.3.3-p5100.zip - EU Mirror
shakatu_recovery-clockwork-unofficial-touch-6.0.3.3-p5110.zip - EU Mirror

Unofficial tar files for Odin:
6.0.4.5 builds by @Android-Andi

Last edited:

jellygoos

Apr 9, 2011
E: failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)

Thank you for this guide and the links you provide!

I copied the .zip file to the SD card and I can access it via File Manager.
However, when I reboot to recovery mode (Android system recovery 3e) and try to install the zip-file, I get this error:

E: failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)

I can't access the SD card from revorery mode... Any ideas? :confused:

jellygoos

Apr 9, 2011
You can't install this with stock recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks for your reply... So what is the right way to install CWM recovery on stock recovery? Do you recommend to flash as PDA via ODIN? The problem is that my stock recovery is unable to access my SD card so I can't install any update as zip-file via the current recovery... :confused:

shakatu

May 31, 2012
Thanks for your reply... So what is the right way to install CWM recovery on stock recovery? Do you recommend to flash as PDA via ODIN? The problem is that my stock recovery is unable to access my SD card so I can't install any update as zip-file via the current recovery... :confused:

Yeah flash the unofficial tar via odin then use the most recent update zip.

Reactions: thebigtechnician
Jun 27, 2013
THANK YOU

You are a life saver

check out my thread here

couldn't find a tar img for gt-p5110 even on cwm site (they had a zip file not a tar)

thank you so much! I pressed thanks!

neal74

Jun 11, 2013
mount external sd card

Does any of these allow mounting of an external sd card so we can backup to it and install zips etc.. The most current CWM still does not mount my external sd card on my p5113 it always says cant find the mount when i choose the external sd. I've tried two different versions now and am running the latest cwm with same results. :( it be nice to leverage the external card like i do on my phone to store nandroid backups and roms.

Thanks.

shakatu

May 31, 2012
It does for me, but I always use TWRP personally... I test that the external SD mounts in CWM long enough to install TRWP back off of it! Lol

dynospectrum

Jan 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Does any of these allow mounting of an external sd card so we can backup to it and install zips etc.. The most current CWM still does not mount my external sd card on my p5113 it always says cant find the mount when i choose the external sd. I've tried two different versions now and am running the latest cwm with same results. :( it be nice to leverage the external card like i do on my phone to store nandroid backups and roms.

Thanks.

Format your SD card...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda premium

xrgman

Apr 10, 2013
I've tried flashing the .tar via odin but it doesn't seem to work, odin says the flashing has suceed but when I try to boot in recovery (vol down+power) I just get stock recovery, I tried it with 4 other recoveries and every time the same thing occurs. My galaxy tab gt-p5110 is running stock 4.1.2 which I updated it to a few days ago.

Rataplan626

Feb 7, 2006
I've tried flashing the .tar via odin but it doesn't seem to work, odin says the flashing has suceed but when I try to boot in recovery (vol down+power) I just get stock recovery, I tried it with 4 other recoveries and every time the same thing occurs. My galaxy tab gt-p5110 is running stock 4.1.2 which I updated it to a few days ago.

I had the same thing over here. I used 6.0.1.2 from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34490421 this post (link to the recovery file: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B02Uc9IrgGXQZjAxRUhtMW96NUk/edit?pli=1#) and installed that. That worked fine. Then I just updated through recovery to 6.0.3.3. Remember to use the zip file from recovery, and the tar file from Odin.

shakatu

May 31, 2012
I'm back! I'm currently setting up a build environment for CM10.2 and then I'll build the most recent recoveries for our tab.
I had started building the 6.0.3.5 and then suddenly the 6.0.3.6 commit was pushed so I scrapped that! Figure using the CM10.2 sources rather than CM10.1 will make sure everything is fresh...

shakatu

May 31, 2012
6.0.3.6 normal zips are up. Tested it with my GT-P5113. Micro SD, adb, all working. Touch builds will come later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Segamalaga

shakatu

May 31, 2012
Whoops. Must be a problem with the build servers. Touch is closed source so I can't build it myself. I'll take down the links until further notice.

shakatu

May 31, 2012
Well that sucks. I tried using the build server for touch again and it threw up a bunch of errors after rebooting to recovery... :(

matthewtech770

Dec 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
You can't install this with stock recovery.

:confused:Hello Mr.shakatu this is string somthing funny about Mr.Sammys new stock recovery on 4.2.2 ota update I try both your .tar odin TWRP and Clockworkmod and after reboot into recovery its still running Sammys Stock recovery but odin says it flashed ok could it be the new 4.2 boot loader Samsung my P5113 is brand new out the box was using your P5110 files:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts