[Q] NFC Not working on my Z1 C6903

Search This thread

melvisnap5

Sep 3, 2014
Hi guys,

I bought a Sony Xperia Z1, after a week I wanted to try the NFC to share some photos but just doesn't work. I've seen a lot of post around the Sony forum but there's no solution to the problem. I have the latest android update (.108). Not rooted or anything like that (I don't know how to do that stuff lmao)

So, do you know to fix this? HELP, is there a way to fix it without opening the phone?

I'm from Venezuela and I bought it from Amazon.com, btw sorry for my english, I'm still learning.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Make sure you have enabled android beam in options. The other device that will receive the file also have to use android beam or something similar.
If u want to send a single file then open it in album on full screen and then stick the devices together.

On a side note - NFC is useless for sending files. The actual file transfer goes over Bluetooth so all it does is just pairing the devices for you. Not worth the hassle imo...
What really grind my gears is why the hell aren't files being sent over WiFi direct... That would send the files MUCH faster and would make NFC useful for sending a lot of data. At this point? Don't even bother if it's just a test. ;)

If you really want to try then open some page in chrome on your device and stick it to another. It should also send the website adress to the other device.

melvisnap5

Sep 3, 2014
Thank you, I have done everything, but i kept searching and I came to the conclusion that is a hardware issue, I know is not a big deal but why would I want a broken phone? What if there's another broken thing or if is about to break?

I'll stick to this one for a few to see how it goes. Anyway i'll try to sell it so I can buy the z2 or wait until the z3 is released.

Thank you again, we learn something new everyday.. btw I use the wi-fi conection with my pc using media go on the pc companion and it works ok.