[Q] Omni ROM comimg anytime to the Moto X?

Search This thread

Gundabolu SC

Sep 9, 2013
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone with the right Dev skills and some free time could work on bringing Omni ROM to the Moto X... I know we don't have much interest in these custom ROMs cuz we would be loosing the brilliant features we paid for... But you gotta say OMNI has some pretty cool features like split window etc as well.... So what say?!?

D

Deleted member 4333722

Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone with the right Dev skills and some free time could work on bringing Omni ROM to the Moto X... I know we don't have much interest in these custom ROMs cuz we would be loosing the brilliant features we paid for... But you gotta say OMNI has some pretty cool features like split window etc as well.... So what say?!?

I second this so much. I love the stock rom, but I would love multiwindow.

Gus194

Jun 10, 2012
If you want Split Window you should lookup the ROM that's forbidden from XDA. But I agree anyways.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Everything is ready to go dhacker29 has the device tree on git, so all you need to is build it, ain't going to be me cause I end up staying up all night did it, done that, no more for me.

Is it better than this https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z123s5mqyta3g3ave225x3rwylewsnw0k
You can't mention him in xda as he's banned but I was fortunate enough to have an htc evo 3d when crap hit the fan, death threats, bodily harm. Moderators were all over the evo threads unlike here, good times. I think faux knows of him as he accused faux of kanging his kernel:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

Last edited:
D

Darth

I'm glad I have zero desire to flash roms anymore.....thanks to xposed. LOL

My X is stock with xposed and so is my N7....as well as my daughters tab 3. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
I'm glad I have zero desire to flash roms anymore.....thanks to xposed. LOL

My X is stock with xposed and so is my N7....as well as my daughters tab 3. ;)

I'll never stay stock, I like flashing a modding my system safely, my son has a tab 3 and I keep telling him I'll root it, I have 3 phones that are all rooted running custom plus my lenoto tablet with my own paranoid rom

D

Darth

I'll never stay stock, I like flashing a modding my system safely, my son has a tab 3 and I keep telling him I'll root it, I have 3 phones that are all rooted running custom plus my lenoto tablet with my own paranoid rom

I'll flash on the x when I'm over active notificaton and touchless...or updates stop...whichever comes first.

I flashed hundreds of roms on my S2 and N7 tho.

My daughter uses the tab 3 7" only....so I was going to leave it alone ...but it lagged horrifically out of the box. LOL. Its still stock, but rooted and debloated now and it is zippy now. Its no N7, but close. :)

Just don't have the patients for anything not 100 percent stable and fully functioning anymore. And the X is terribly sweet on stock with xposed. One day I'll tinker tho.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
It is a pain not to have everything working butbthats part if the fun for me is to find a fix for it, just me. My sons tab is laggy as hell to, touchwiz:) :) :sly::sly::sly::sly::sly:

Sent on my Lenoto A2109 tablet :) :)

D

Darth

It is a pain not to have everything working butbthats part if the fun for me is to find a fix for it, just me. My sons tab is laggy as hell to, touchwiz:) :) :sly::sly::sly::sly::sly:

All I did to the tab 3 was factory reset, flash twrp and root. It was already WAY quicker....then I froze every single Samsung thing and some Google stuff. And greenified everything...especially all her games. Oh...and ad blocked. No more dating site ads on her kids games. Rediculous. LOL

I was almost ready to return it...my old Captivate was quicker than the tab 3 out of the box. Hate Samsung! LOL. Only bought it for her cause of price...and SD card for movies. Otherwise she'd have an N7 too.

D

Darth

Captivate:D:D My only Samsung product, easy breezy unlocking with Odin, still works but 3g only:sly:

Odin is an amazing tool I must say. LOL

In general...for the captivate and S2 anyway....you could flash this, that and the other thing with no brick worries....as long as you did it right. Screwed up? Odin stock back on. Any version.

Can't speak for S3 and S4...tho tab 3 seems just as easy.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

But touchwiz.....just awful! LOL. Except some nice custom ones.

But...never again. No more skinned ui phones for me.

Gus194

Jun 10, 2012
There's also LiquidSmooth and BeanStalk but I don't think they have Split Window of whatever its called. :p

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

D

Darth

If someone gets the notification light working as a notification light full time....I'll be all over that rom. ;)

Gundabolu SC

Sep 9, 2013

:D :D Its cool how these generations have super cool dads who wanna help them with rooting! ;)
Its an irony as to how i had to teach my dad to use his phone! :D :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    Hey Guys! Just thought you guys should know that the new LiquidSmooth release for all the Ghost Variants has Multi Window! Plus it has OmniSwitch. It's pretty awesome. You can download it here: http://drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Nightly/Moto%20X%20Unified/