[Q] Some questions on the Galaxy SII Plus

Search This thread

aurocha

Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't the thread to post to, but I came accross this thread and feels like this is the place to post any SII Plus questions, correct if I'm doing something wrong.

I just bought a Samsung GS II Plus. Opinions, was it a good buy? I bought it for €179,99, as my budget was a bit tight. But there are several quad core available right now, especially the Wiko, which seem really nice.

I decided based on screen size (5" just feels huge!) and internal storage space (8Gb, 4 available to the user, which is quite disappointing). And of course, the price, which seemed like a good one, altough the specs aren't the most recent ones.

After buying it, used with Android ver 4.1.2 for a whole day and upgraded it to 4.2.2 as it was available.

Q1: What happened to the bubble lockscreen notifications with this update? They were replaced by a new kind of notifications that have absolutely no functionality at all.

Q2: Is it possible to have the bubble notifications back?

Q3: Will a Kitkat release be available to this phone?

Any answers you might provide are welcome.

TIA
- aurocha

DenisRonaldo798

Sep 28, 2013
Funchal

Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't the thread to post to, but I came accross this thread and feels like this is the place to post any SII Plus questions, correct if I'm doing something wrong.

I just bought a Samsung GS II Plus. Opinions, was it a good buy? I bought it for €179,99, as my budget was a bit tight. But there are several quad core available right now, especially the Wiko, which seem really nice.

I decided based on screen size (5" just feels huge!) and internal storage space (8Gb, 4 available to the user, which is quite disappointing). And of course, the price, which seemed like a good one, altough the specs aren't the most recent ones.

After buying it, used with Android ver 4.1.2 for a whole day and upgraded it to 4.2.2 as it was available.

Q1: What happened to the bubble lockscreen notifications with this update? They were replaced by a new kind of notifications that have absolutely no functionality at all.

Q2: Is it possible to have the bubble notifications back?

Q3: Will a Kitkat release be available to this phone?

Any answers you might provide are welcome.

TIA
- aurocha
You can change the lockscreen effect from the settings :) About the kitkat-you can try some custom roms bcoz i'm not really sure that we will receive official Kitkat :(