Delete sdcard and mount extSdCard

Search This thread

agentulxxx

Jan 26, 2014
Delete sdcard and mount extSdCard 16 gb as internal memory.
How to?:( i have small memory on Samsung b5330 2GB only, and i want to install more apps... and some games, how to delete sdcard i don't need it and mount the extSdCard as internal. Thank you

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
How to?:( i have small memory on Samsung b5330 2GB only, and i want to install more apps... and some games, how to delete sdcard i don't need it and mount the extSdCard as internal. Thank you

Well, no reason to just disable it. You can swap them however, though with the limited available development for your phone, there doesn't seem to be any out of the box solutions. You'll either have to try an app like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.codlab.int2ext or follow a guide for say, an S3, and mod that to reflect the correct partition mounts and names for your particular phone and update. For some phones, a compatible kernel is needed for the swap. If that is the case for your phone, you are probably out of luck since there doesn't seem to be much of anything like that for you. Make sure to not only back up your phone, but internal and external storages before attempting this. Would also be good to be familiar with how to flash back to stock with Odin since that's about the only option you have to get back to normal if things don't work right.

Reactions: agentulxxx

agentulxxx

Jan 26, 2014
NO problem

Is not a problem to do format with odin, i have root-it the phone, i have change some times andoid version on it, i don't care about apps, i have all apps on my pc. i tried more commands with terminal emulator.. no Lucky. i will try this app,
i try to modify "vold.fstab" but nothing changes except on start up, all apps has crashed. and i am sorry for my bad english.

agentulxxx

Jan 26, 2014
I have a problem, now my extSdCard is same as sdcard folder, and sdcard folder has no changes. are the same... any ideea

agentulxxx

Jan 26, 2014
Now finaly working, i have changed where normal i have to write path of internal name o /mnt/sdcard to extSdCard and for external i have write /mnt/sdcard now is working .. i have inverted the names.i have loot of memory :D now how to make the 2 gb of memory work as swap? or lass 512.. becouse i cant see it anywhere.:good:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Now finaly working, i have changed where normal i have to write path of internal name o /mnt/sdcard to extSdCard and for external i have write /mnt/sdcard now is working .. i have inverted the names.i have loot of memory :D now how to make the 2 gb of memory work as swap? or lass 512.. becouse i cant see it anywhere.:good:

Good job! As far as the swap - are you referring to virtual RAM swap?

agentulxxx

Jan 26, 2014
Good job! As far as the swap - are you referring to virtual RAM swap?
Yes, Virtual RAM swap... i have made it on sd card

dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/extSdCard/.swapfile bs=1024 count=94288
mkswap /mnt/extSdCard/.swapfile
chown root:root /mnt/extSdCard/.swapfile
chmod 0600 /mnt/extSdCard/.swapfile
swapon /mnt/extSdCard/.swapfile

But i can't find anymore the 2 gb sdcard, is only my ext sdcard working :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

agentulxxx

Jan 26, 2014
Results

Sent from my GT-B5330 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1397126624109.jpg
    1397126624109.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_2014-04-10-13-41-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-10-13-41-30.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_2014-04-10-13-40-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-10-13-40-11.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Yea, not so sure about that part, unfortunately. I haven't had to do that manually before that didn't already have an established method for the particular phone. Glad the main part is working though!

agentulxxx

Jan 26, 2014
Yea, not so sure about that part, unfortunately. I haven't had to do that manually before that didn't already have an established method for the particular phone. Glad the main part is working though!

Any ideea to overclok CPU and GPU :D:D:D seems my kernel isnt supoport this, how to make-it to support :laugh::laugh:

On my pc i did overclok about 30% :p

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Any ideea to overclok CPU and GPU :D:D:D seems my kernel isnt supoport this, how to make-it to support :laugh::laugh:

That part will probably be pretty tricky because there isn't really any development for it, and almost certainly no source code to build the kernel yourself. Your best bet is to check out some other phones that use the same chipset that might have some development that you can kind of piggyback off of. These other phones would be similar: http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdamaster&posted=1&cpu=a21654

It looks like the Galaxy Y Plus (i9001) has a decent little development community. The guys there would probably be more helpful with figuring out stuff to do since it has a similar processor. Might try to befriend a kernel dev there and see if they could give you a hand.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s-i9000/i9001-development

Reactions: agentulxxx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well, no reason to just disable it. You can swap them however, though with the limited available development for your phone, there doesn't seem to be any out of the box solutions. You'll either have to try an app like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.codlab.int2ext or follow a guide for say, an S3, and mod that to reflect the correct partition mounts and names for your particular phone and update. For some phones, a compatible kernel is needed for the swap. If that is the case for your phone, you are probably out of luck since there doesn't seem to be much of anything like that for you. Make sure to not only back up your phone, but internal and external storages before attempting this. Would also be good to be familiar with how to flash back to stock with Odin since that's about the only option you have to get back to normal if things don't work right.

That part will probably be pretty tricky because there isn't really any development for it, and almost certainly no source code to build the kernel yourself. Your best bet is to check out some other phones that use the same chipset that might have some development that you can kind of piggyback off of. These other phones would be similar: http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdamaster&posted=1&cpu=a21654

It looks like the Galaxy Y Plus (i9001) has a decent little development community. The guys there would probably be more helpful with figuring out stuff to do since it has a similar processor. Might try to befriend a kernel dev there and see if they could give you a hand.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s-i9000/i9001-development