Noreve Tradition B for Note 8

Search This thread

tmichel

Apr 18, 2012
Hi,

here's a short review of the Noreve Tradition B Case for the Note 8. It's my first review, so don't judge too hard :).

I've bought the Noreve case at it is genuine leather, offers two pockets for business cards / credit cards and a larger pocket for document(s).
It's a bit on the expensive side, I paid 79.90 Euro as I wanted the"Sable Vintage" Leather instead of the standard black Perpetuelle which costs 69.90 Euro.
Due to this the case was delivered three weeks after ordering (the standard version was on stock).
It came with a nice box containing the case packaged in a red bag:

IMG_20140317_191146-0.jpg
IMG_20140317_191146-1.jpg

The case itself was looking beautiful, with a nice smell of leather:

IMG_20140317_191146-2.jpg

The inside is made of leather as well with the mentioned pockets on the cover:

IMG_20140317_191146-3.jpg

The Note 8 fits in nicely, the case holds it very firmly. All ports and buttons are accessible, even the SIM slot and the SD Card:

IMG_20140317_191146-4.jpg

On the back you can see the hole for the camera and a small stand to stand up the device in landscape position:

IMG_20140317_191146-7.jpg

The stand is locked with a small button so it won't open by accident:

IMG_20140317_191146-6.jpg

It stands a lot more upright than with Samsung's book cover:

IMG_20140317_191146-5.jpg

The only thing I am missing is a holder for a larger S-Pen as I prefer it over the small integrated one. I got around it by attaching it to the leather hinge on the side:

IMG_20140317_191146-8.jpg

Not sure how stable this is on the long run but it works for now.

Conclusion
I am very happy with this case,it's well worth the money in my opinion. It's perfectly made, the leather is of very good quality. It adds a bit of weight to the device though (about 230g), but I can live with that. One thing to mention is that it does not powers off the note when closing it, I take this as a pro as there are discussions whether the magnets can harm the S-Pen accuracy, but it's worth noting.

GMAN1722

Oct 14, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I purchased the same exact Sable Vintage case. Yes it is expensive but I wanted to add some class to my tablet (which I feel it does). I am very satisfied with this purchase. I love the smell and feel of it. It is of excellent quality and I feel it will last as long as my tablet does (which I plan on using for a long time without upgrading to the latest and greatest based on the price of this case alone, lol). I get many head turns and questions about the case and if I can get them one. But I don't really respond because most people have an adverse reaction to the price of it. But I feel that it adds value to the tablet. So much so that I purchased a Noreve case for my wife's Note 10.1 (however for some reason hers does not fit as nicely as the Note 8 does)

tmichel

Apr 18, 2012
That's the Samsung Bluetooth S-Pen. It was on sale at Amazon and I was looking for a bigger pen anyway. It's really good for writing and the bluetoth works ok - though it looks a bit dumb if you really use it to make phone calls. But still better than holding the Note to your ear...

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda app-developers app

dtaylorr

That's the Samsung Bluetooth S-Pen. It was on sale at Amazon and I was looking for a bigger pen anyway. It's really good for writing and the bluetoth works ok - though it looks a bit dumb if you really use it to make phone calls. But still better than holding the Note to your ear...

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda app-developers app

Thanks will look into this