Phone:
HTC One M8
Android 4.4.4
CyanogenMod version 11-20140831-NIGHTLY-m8
Baseband 1.15.2133156.UA13G_20.18m.4096.04L
Kernel 3.4.0-gc103f16

PC:
Windows 8.1 Pro

I have tried multiple USB ports, also tried on my laptop with Linux Mint , but only got the error message "Unable to mount device"
On Windows, it shows up in device manager, but I cannot install the device's drivers.
Clipboard-1.jpg

I have tried installing HTC Sync, but it does not recognise the phone, but I was guessing that was due to Cyanogenmod (no HTC Bloatware to be found on my phone).

I realise I am running a nightly and am supposed to expect errors here and there, but before I upgraded to Windows 8, it worked through windows explorer (Win7 Ultimate, no extra software needed), now it doesn't.

Could you guys help me?

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Ok so you installed HTC Sync and thus should have the latest drivers for HTC One M8 installed!? If not download newest version from HTC and reinstall.

Regarding adb fastboot: do you have the universal adb drivers which solve problems with Windows 8/8.1? If not you can find them here on xda for download. Don't have the link at hand as I'm at work at the moment.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

dejavecue

Jun 17, 2014
Hamburg
Ok so you installed HTC Sync and thus should have the latest drivers for HTC One M8 installed!? If not download newest version from HTC and reinstall.

Regarding adb fastboot: do you have the universal adb drivers which solve problems with Windows 8/8.1? If not you can find them here on xda for download. Don't have the link at hand as I'm at work at the moment.

Thank you for your reply!

I searched for the mentioned drivers and installed them. I now have only one device in device manager that is not installed:
Clipboard-1.jpg

However, when I try to have Windows look drivers or install from the device list, It just searches for drivers indefinitely.
Also interesting is the fact that when I unplug my phone, the HID device stays in device manager.

Frankly I am lost.

Is this a known bug with CM? It is REALLY annoying.

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
If you installed the adb drivers I mentioned you could check if the One is recognized by them. If you open up as cmd. Plug the device into the PC and navigate to your Annenberg folder you type the following:

adb kill-server (to stop it if running)
adb start-server (to start it)
adb usb
adb devices

Is your One M8 shown after this commands?

dejavecue

Jun 17, 2014
Hamburg
Thank you for your input.

I tried adb commands.
when I first started the server (using adb start-server) I had a notification saying that the device was listed as seen here.
View attachment 2923953
The notification was on the phone itself, but now I can only find this with adb services in command prompt.

When I enter adb usb or adb root, it merely hangs - nothing happening after at least 15 minutes of waiting.

I am lost again.
Can you point me to the ROM you are using? I am willing to reflash the phone to see if the underlying cause is actually Cyanogenmod, but if it is, I want a good ROM, preferably one where I can choose to NOT use Sense UI (personal preference).

Thank you for your help so far